Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's a huge flex in Western Europe to come from a privileged background and yet pretend to dress like a poor person. I believe that the term is "cosplaying poor" or something along those lines.

In the Scandinavian, British, German and French it is very common for wealthy people to pretend that they are like the rest of us.

Like Jess saying that she can't buy new clothes in her recent vlog right after receiving brand new designer clothes from Farfetch for free. Or Amelia Liana telling us how her fridge is the typical bachelorette fridge while omitting to mention that she eats out everyday. Or Fleur de force telling us that she needs a break and flew to Dubai even though she lives in a Manor.

Reactions: 23
Ariel Bissett's renovation series is what Jess should have done from the beginning.

She could have easily made tens of videos about meeting her architect, creating the layout, showing the 3D results, showing her inspiration, buying the furniture, etc

She could have a full YouTube series which would have lasted for years. But no, she ought to sit in her mother's house more than 2 years after buying her own.
She’d probably sit there while sipping/ waiting for her coffee to arrive and watching butler Zak helping the bricklayers

Reactions: 4
I haven't finished catching up on her Vlogmas but if she goes ahead with her Patreon I will 100% be taking one for the team and joining it just to let her know how selfish it is to not reply to a single comment on her YouTube channel for the past however many years because of her ridiculous mindset of 'if I can't reply to all of them then I'll reply to none of them' AND deleting all comments which are simply criticising her for this while starting a Patreon. I would love to see how she reacts to criticism on her Patreon so we'll see what happens. It's so greedy to charge her loyal subscribers money just to have the privilege of her responding to one of their comments while she lazes around in one of her three million pound properties. I genuinely used to really adore her and envy her when I was younger. I knew she was incredibly privileged but thought she was actually humble!! I could laugh at that now. She's not humble in the slightest she's just you're average stuck up posh rich kid who loves unethical consumerism and fools everybody into thinking has a brain behind the eyes simply because she has all the free time in the world to read as many books as she wants and then mask her opinions of them behind somebody else's review on GoodReads.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I haven't finished catching up on her Vlogmas but if she goes ahead with her Patreon I will 100% be taking one for the team and joining it just to let her know how selfish it is to not reply to a single comment on her YouTube channel for the past however many years because of her ridiculous mindset of 'if I can't reply to all of them then I'll reply to none of them' AND deleting all comments which are simply criticising her for this while starting a Patreon. I would love to see how she reacts to criticism on her Patreon so we'll see what happens. It's so greedy to charge her loyal subscribers money just to have the privilege of her responding to one of their comments while she lazes around in one of her three million pound properties. I genuinely used to really adore her and envy her when I was younger. I knew she was incredibly privileged but thought she was actually humble!! I could laugh at that now. She's not humble in the slightest she's just you're average stuck up posh rich kid who loves unethical consumerism and fools everybody into thinking has a brain behind the eyes simply because she has all the free time in the world to read as many books as she wants and then mask her opinions of them behind somebody else's review on GoodReads.
I'd heart your post a million times if I could! 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 6
kind of off-topic but has anyone read wolf hall? i've been wanting to read it ever since she recommended it but it's so dense - wondering if its worthwhile

kind of off-topic but has anyone read wolf hall? i've been wanting to read it ever since she recommended it but it's so dense - wondering if its worthwhile
I struggled to get in to it but once I did I flew threw the series. From memory the thing that bugged me about it was the constant use of “he” but never making it clear who “he” was despite there being numerous males in the room at the time. Once you get in to the flow of it though, I think it’s worth it

Reactions: 3
It’s not worth it at all! Dunno why she hyped them up so much

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s not worth it at all! Dunno why she hyped them up so much
I don't know why anyone does.. so dense and extremely hard to follow... too many characters with the same name.. I don't get on with historical fiction in general because a lot of them do this...very very boring unless you are particularly into this period

I didn’t know she deletes comments, I figured she doesn’t even look at them. You’d think responding to comments is something her management would urge her to do to drive up engagement.

Reactions: 5
Probably an unpopular opinion here, but I feel like Jess has bad taste in books lol

I still watch her book videos but don't buy anything she raves about :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Probably an unpopular opinion here, but I feel like Jess has bad taste in books lol

I still watch her book videos but don't buy anything she raves about :ROFLMAO:

Same!

The fact that she has the spare time to wade through utter navel-gazing shite like “Ducks Newburyport” says a lot about her.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Can i also say, the fact that she keeps her book reviews spoiler free makes them kind of pointless. That way, an actual in depth analasys is impossible and she just says very vague things. Considering she studied english lit in uni, her two cents on them might be interesting, if she actually talked about them properly and that’s yet another missed opportunity

Reactions: 10
The fact that she has the spare time to wade through utter navel-gazing shite like “Ducks Newburyport” says a lot about her.
I actually think this was the point that I realised she is quite clueless and just likes being on the bandwagon

It's frustrating because there are some very obvious things she could do to grow her channel (and her income) that she just isn't doing, but she jumps directly to starting a Patreon. Posting a video every day for a month isn't going to make much of a difference if it's just the same boring crap every day.

She could spend ten minutes a day replying to comments and it would probably have more of an impact than the whole month of vlogmas. Or she could say hey vlogs aren't working great for me, let me try a different style of video. You don't even have to be creative, just copy any other booktubers themed video about books, or make some classic YouTube trope videos (GRWM, WIEIAD, routines, etc). Or she could make the renovation pay for itself if she wanted.

I just get mad watching people like waste their success because they won't try the most obvious things.
You're Right

it would be very wise for her content to shift to home renovation content as her audience is late 20s (I think) and late 20s early 30s is the prime target for that kind of thing. But all of that would require work. A lot of it and Jess doesn’t seem up to that… and also scrutiny about her finanaces that she’s not prepared to deal with.

Reactions: 6
Same!

NK Jemisin, Proust. Jeff Vandermeer, Gormenghast,, what is it with her and lengthy turgid crap??

Reactions: 2
NK Jemisin, Proust. Jeff Vandermeer, Gormenghast,, what is it with her and lengthy turgid crap??
a.) makes her feel intelligent (and she thinks it makes her look intelligent) reading big books and they look good on her shelves
b.) gives her a self of accomplishment that most of us get from working hard for our money/education, she probably gets a bit of a rush for knowing she’s finished a big book.

What gets me is she must have worked hard when she was at school. She got into Edinburgh uni fgs and we all know she’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer. How can she feel satisfied living her life she way she has since she’s finished her masters, no wonder she seems depressed as hell. I have no sympathy though as she has the money and probably the contacts to do whatever she wants, she just chooses not to.

Reactions: 5
I wish she would have done a "What I Got for Christmas" video like she once used to. Those were one of the more interesting videos on her channel.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hiii my loves, having an all nighter due to jet lag so here’s a breakdown of jess’ daily schedule based on vlogember, I mean vlogmas, with some of her most notable quotes. (note the numbers on this list don't necessarily correspond with the vlogs since some of these days were put together in a single video). Tried to give the most accurate picture possible based on what she said.
  1. christmas shopping while baby is being babysat
  2. family outing at winter wonderland
    • “I don’t think we’ll have time for stuff like that in December bc December will be pretty busy so we’re doing it early” …Sure Jan
  3. (Sunday) walk by the river, dinner out with the family
  4. baby with babysitter, Zak editing on the desktop, Jess doing “admin stuff on the laptop”
  5. Zak taking stuff to the storage room, Jess playing with the baby all day, opening/playing with the new vlog camera, watching tv
  6. taking a bath, brunch out, Columbia road flower market
  7. (Wednesday) pre-uploading the above vlogmas videos, baby swimming lesson, management Christmas party
  8. (Thursday) “a busy day” according to the video title… meaning… PT session, Bareminerals lunch, haircut, driving out to the farm
  9. (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) weekend with friends at the farm… shopping, dinner out, garden center
    • “It’s just busy busy busy until Christmas” …Sure Jan
  10. (Monday) clothing haul, editing
  11. (Tuesday) editing, Monika vinader shoot, nail appointment, and apparently talking a LOT of tit:
    • “these days I don’t have time to think about dressing myself even for five minutes, it’s a chuck it on and go situation which means I just go for the same things over and over” …Sure Jan
    • “If you’re thinking 'omg she’s managing to do all this stuff and she has a baby' and if it looks like I’m really achieving, most of the time I am not and I have a lot of help” …no tit Jan
    • “This is definitely the most I’ve been working and the most hours I’ve been away from my baby” …lol… says a lot about how little work she does the rest of the year
    • "i'm super super tired and i know it's gonna catch up with me, i can't sustain this level especially with vlogmas, so i need to find some rest time, i'm hoping i might get a lie in maybe on friday morning" ...oh yes jess please have a lie in, we wouldn't want you to exhaust yourself
    • "i know what it's like to have less help bc we have had less help" ...sure you know what it's like :rolleyes:
  12. (Wednesday) editing, weekly swimming lesson, opening pr packages
  13. (Thursday) PT session, driving to the farm, editing
    • “been running like a headless chicken all over the place today” …Sure Jan
  14. (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) another weekend with friends at the farm
  15. (Monday) tree decorating day 1
  16. (Tuesday) tree decorating day 2 (yes it took 2 days because they had 2 trees), building a cot, driving back to London
    • “it’s all go go go here” …Sure Jan
  17. (Wednesday) laundry, editing, swimming
  18. (Thursday) visiting their dump of a house, shopping, editing, packing
    • “I’m feeling SO overwhelmed” ... “I just need to not overpack but it’s SO hard”
  19. (Friday) packing, driving to Halifax
  20. (Saturday) having a lie in, walk around Halifax
  21. (Sunday) chill day at home, finally watched bleeping Klaus
  22. (Monday) filming a look for Bareminerals, walk out to get coffee
  23. (Tuesday) lunch out, garden center
  24. (Wednesday) driving back to the farm
  25. (Thursday) shopping, "admin bits on the computer", getting indie to wrap presents for her, getting zak to clean up the barn for her, getting someone else to set the christmas table
    • "I think if I was to do vlogmas again I would pre-film even more" ...enough said
    • "Ines is aware that I've been busy and been away from her much more...I don't want her to associate christmas with me doing loads of work so who knows if it'll work again in the future" ...obviously this is the most work jess has EVER done since Ines was born, given that she basically does nothing the rest of the year.
    • "the last year has not been great work wise" ...yeah bc you don't do tit??
The basic gist I’m getting from watching a month’s ish worth of Jess’ day to day, is that she essentially thinks of her week the following way: Wednesdays are taken up by Ines’ weekly swimming lesson, Thursdays are taken up by Jess’ weekly PT appointment, Friday to Sunday is their weekend, so that leaves only Mondays and Tuesdays to do anything remotely work related (and she usually procrastinates on those days, or rather, spends those days "planning", "sorting stuff out" or "doing admin bits").

She seems unable to handle more than one "activity" in a given day, even if that thing is just a nail appointment or a facial. It takes up all the space in her head and she feels like her day is full just because she has to get ready, drive to the place, do the thing, get back home, get unready. That alone is already her whole day gone.

Zak literally does all the chores/housework. He picks up her coffee every morning, he cooks breakfast/lunch/dinner for her, he drives, he picks up food for her/does groceries, he does all the errands and various other chores (going to storage room, clearing up the room, etc), he takes her photos, edits some of her videos.

There is no way in hell that she still reads forums about her because if she did she wouldn’t have said half the things she said in these vlogs. She clearly has zero self awareness and genuinely thinks of herself as someone who is busy. She has absolutely no clue how ridiculous she sounds.

Final comment: I can’t believe how much she goes on about editing when her vlogs literally require the most basic editing? She just has to put the clips together and put music over some bits (she uses the SAME music in every single vlog, so there’s not even any originality there either). Feels like this whole vlogmas has been complaining about editing, complaining about buying/wrapping presents, complaining about packing/unpacking, talking about how she wants to watch Klaus but hasn’t gotten round to (even though she watches tv every single night whether it’s strictly, masterchef or whatever else).

TLDR; Jess' life is quite literally a permanent vacation yet she somehow deadass believes she's the busiest person ever.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
You are an absolute legend for this post! 👏

No wonder her father is pushing her to get a job. She is doing absolutely nothing all day and what pisses me off is the way she is dragging Zak into it. Thank God Zak is now working again.

I wonder if her mother is also pushing her to get a job? Or is she compliant with her daughter wasting time like that?

You are an absolute legend for this post! 👏

No wonder her father is pushing her to get a job. She is doing absolutely nothing all day and what pisses me off is the way she is dragging Zak into it. Thank God Zak is now working again.

I wonder if her mother is also pushing her to get a job? Or is she compliant with her daughter wasting time like that?
How do you know her dad is pushing her to get a job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.