Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How do you know her dad is pushing her to get a job?
At 38:08 she mentions that her dad’s suggested she work in publishing, which I assume implies that he wants her to get a “real job”. Interesting considering she’s never mentioned her mum or step dad being concerned about her career choices.

Reactions: 2
She’s logged two books already for 2022?! How!! But can’t do any actual work? How many videos will she actually post in Jan? My bet is 2 and it’ll all be to do with patreon

Reactions: 4
At 38:08 she mentions that her dad’s suggested she work in publishing, which I assume implies that he wants her to get a “real job”. Interesting considering she’s never mentioned her mum or step dad being concerned about her career choices.

I’m not surprised if her parents are disappointed in her. They may be rich, but I know for a fact that becoming a partner in a magic circle firm is incredibly hard work, so her mum clearly knows what it is. And her dad is in medicine I believe? So again, a very challenging field which take serious hard work and brains.
Honestly if I’d worked hard for my daughter to go to one of the best private schools in the country and be given every chance in life, and she’d got to her late twenties without having a proper job, I’d be extremely disappointed.
It wouldn’t even be too bad if she was successful and making serious bank from being an influencer and had maybe had a part time job when she was at school or uni, but to never have had formal employment by her late twenties and be not making millions being an influencer, I’d be worried as hell for her future.

Reactions: 19
re: the book chat... I read ducks, newburyport and while I thought the sentiment and meaning behind it was nice it was very hard to get through and gave me headaches. She said she didn't enjoy reading it but thought it was a 'masterpiece' so had to rate it highly. I also the Annihilation trilogy by Vandermeer which I thought was brilliant and not pretentious at all. I think when she reads and reviews sci fi stuff her reviews are more genuine as it seems like its more her genre.

Reactions: 8
Hiii my loves, having an all nighter due to jet lag so here’s a breakdown of jess’ daily schedule based on vlogember, I mean vlogmas, with some of her most notable quotes. (note the numbers on this list don't necessarily correspond with the vlogs since some of these days were put together in a single video). Tried to give the most accurate picture possible based on what she said.
  1. christmas shopping while baby is being babysat
  2. family outing at winter wonderland
    • “I don’t think we’ll have time for stuff like that in December bc December will be pretty busy so we’re doing it early” …Sure Jan
  3. (Sunday) walk by the river, dinner out with the family
  4. baby with babysitter, Zak editing on the desktop, Jess doing “admin stuff on the laptop”
  5. Zak taking stuff to the storage room, Jess playing with the baby all day, opening/playing with the new vlog camera, watching tv
  6. taking a bath, brunch out, Columbia road flower market
  7. (Wednesday) pre-uploading the above vlogmas videos, baby swimming lesson, management Christmas party
  8. (Thursday) “a busy day” according to the video title… meaning… PT session, Bareminerals lunch, haircut, driving out to the farm
  9. (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) weekend with friends at the farm… shopping, dinner out, garden center
    • “It’s just busy busy busy until Christmas” …Sure Jan
  10. (Monday) clothing haul, editing
  11. (Tuesday) editing, Monika vinader shoot, nail appointment, and apparently talking a LOT of tit:
    • “these days I don’t have time to think about dressing myself even for five minutes, it’s a chuck it on and go situation which means I just go for the same things over and over” …Sure Jan
    • “If you’re thinking 'omg she’s managing to do all this stuff and she has a baby' and if it looks like I’m really achieving, most of the time I am not and I have a lot of help” …no tit Jan
    • “This is definitely the most I’ve been working and the most hours I’ve been away from my baby” …lol… says a lot about how little work she does the rest of the year
    • "i'm super super tired and i know it's gonna catch up with me, i can't sustain this level especially with vlogmas, so i need to find some rest time, i'm hoping i might get a lie in maybe on friday morning" ...oh yes jess please have a lie in, we wouldn't want you to exhaust yourself
    • "i know what it's like to have less help bc we have had less help" ...sure you know what it's like :rolleyes:
  12. (Wednesday) editing, weekly swimming lesson, opening pr packages
  13. (Thursday) PT session, driving to the farm, editing
    • “been running like a headless chicken all over the place today” …Sure Jan
  14. (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) another weekend with friends at the farm
  15. (Monday) tree decorating day 1
  16. (Tuesday) tree decorating day 2 (yes it took 2 days because they had 2 trees), building a cot, driving back to London
    • “it’s all go go go here” …Sure Jan
  17. (Wednesday) laundry, editing, swimming
  18. (Thursday) visiting their dump of a house, shopping, editing, packing
    • “I’m feeling SO overwhelmed” ... “I just need to not overpack but it’s SO hard”
  19. (Friday) packing, driving to Halifax
  20. (Saturday) having a lie in, walk around Halifax
  21. (Sunday) chill day at home, finally watched bleeping Klaus
  22. (Monday) filming a look for Bareminerals, walk out to get coffee
  23. (Tuesday) lunch out, garden center
  24. (Wednesday) driving back to the farm
  25. (Thursday) shopping, "admin bits on the computer", getting indie to wrap presents for her, getting zak to clean up the barn for her, getting someone else to set the christmas table
    • "I think if I was to do vlogmas again I would pre-film even more" ...enough said
    • "Ines is aware that I've been busy and been away from her much more...I don't want her to associate christmas with me doing loads of work so who knows if it'll work again in the future" ...obviously this is the most work jess has EVER done since Ines was born, given that she basically does nothing the rest of the year.
    • "the last year has not been great work wise" ...yeah bc you don't do tit??
The basic gist I’m getting from watching a month’s ish worth of Jess’ day to day, is that she essentially thinks of her week the following way: Wednesdays are taken up by Ines’ weekly swimming lesson, Thursdays are taken up by Jess’ weekly PT appointment, Friday to Sunday is their weekend, so that leaves only Mondays and Tuesdays to do anything remotely work related (and she usually procrastinates on those days, or rather, spends those days "planning", "sorting stuff out" or "doing admin bits").

She seems unable to handle more than one "activity" in a given day, even if that thing is just a nail appointment or a facial. It takes up all the space in her head and she feels like her day is full just because she has to get ready, drive to the place, do the thing, get back home, get unready. That alone is already her whole day gone.

Zak literally does all the chores/housework. He picks up her coffee every morning, he cooks breakfast/lunch/dinner for her, he drives, he picks up food for her/does groceries, he does all the errands and various other chores (going to storage room, clearing up the room, etc), he takes her photos, edits some of her videos.

There is no way in hell that she still reads forums about her because if she did she wouldn’t have said half the things she said in these vlogs. She clearly has zero self awareness and genuinely thinks of herself as someone who is busy. She has absolutely no clue how ridiculous she sounds.

Final comment: I can’t believe how much she goes on about editing when her vlogs literally require the most basic editing? She just has to put the clips together and put music over some bits (she uses the SAME music in every single vlog, so there’s not even any originality there either). Feels like this whole vlogmas has been complaining about editing, complaining about buying/wrapping presents, complaining about packing/unpacking, talking about how she wants to watch Klaus but hasn’t gotten round to (even though she watches tv every single night whether it’s strictly, masterchef or whatever else).

TLDR; Jess' life is quite literally a permanent vacation yet she somehow deadass believes she's the busiest person ever.
Sorry, a few more 'interesting' quotes I forgot to include in my post:

• "my back's just so bad... i think it's just all the stuff we've been doing, sitting on uncomfortable chairs to edit...my back really hurts and packing exacerbates it" ...oh jess... all this hard physical labor you've been doing, must be so straining on your physical health

• "we have 8 weeks of washing to put away bc when we came back from the flat it took us a long time to get through that washing and then a long time for zak to iron it all and then we brought it all up in piles and we've been so busy we have not managed to get around to putting it all away" ...i guess zak's job of being jess' slave also includes single-handedly doing all the ironing, on top of cooking, driving, picking up coffee, cleaning, looking after the baby while jess talks to the camera in bed, doing groceries, stopping by the post office, stopping by the construction site, stopping by the storage room, packing, etc.

• "i find packing for christmas so hard, idk what it is because it's just 2 weeks but it always feels like so much more" ...i know jess, all this packing from going to mallorca, moving from your mom's multi million hammersmith house to your fancy london apartment, back to your mom's house, then to your multi million pound oxfordshire property, then back to london, then back to oxfordshire, then up north... ugh so much packing it must be so bleeping hard

• "christmas presents gotta be top of the list bc i just don't even know when we will have time to properly wrap them and everything" ...for sure, how will you find time between PT sessions, brunch out, nail salon, hair salon, walks, strictly, klaus, masterchef, doing admin bits... so much to do huh gotta get one of your slaves (indie and zak) to do it ALL!!

• "i class christmas shopping as admin... thinking of gifts, buying gifts, i don't enjoy it. also not a massive fan of wrapping" ...so that's what you meant when you mentioned "doing admin bits" then...makes sense!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Maybe if Jess hopped on the BetterHelp sponsorship train she'd finally realize that a therapist can help you through some stuff in life, like not feeling that one activity takes up a whole day. I tend to feel like that myself, but have had to actively work on being more efficient with my time so I can fit more than one task in after work each day. Jess could be enjoying so much more in life if she decided to do something mildly uncomfortable ever.

Reactions: 7
Maybe if Jess hopped on the BetterHelp sponsorship train she'd finally realize that a therapist can help you through some stuff in life, like not feeling that one activity takes up a whole day. I tend to feel like that myself, but have had to actively work on being more efficient with my time so I can fit more than one task in after work each day. Jess could be enjoying so much more in life if she decided to do something mildly uncomfortable ever.
Do you mind me asking how did you become more efficient. I’m a bit of a Jess myself but I’m aware of it but still struggle to fix it.

Reactions: 6
Zak got a new job? What does he work now?
He didn’t. Supposedly he ‘worked’ a little bit when Ines was first born (god knows what she meant by that, could’ve been that he just took some pictures for someone other than Jess lol) but that was only for a couple of months. He’s very much Jessie’s full time slave

• Haha
Reactions: 6
out of interest, does Zak come from money like her?
Not at all, he comes from a very humble background, which is probably why he was “embarrassed” when they were walking around his hometown and mentioned that it was bringing up “bad memories”. The life he has with Jess is so far from what he grew up having.

Reactions: 12
She’s logged two books already for 2022?! How!! But can’t do any actual work? How many videos will she actually post in Jan? My bet is 2 and it’ll all be to do with patreon
i find it really hard to keep track of what shes reading on goodreads, it seems like shes been reading a lot of books but over MONTHS and she doesnt rate the books she reads so you dont know whether she found them enjoyable or not.
I wish she’d post more book videos because im only subscribed to her for her monthly book wrap ups, i cant even remember the last time she posted one??

Do you mind me asking how did you become more efficient. I’m a bit of a Jess myself but I’m aware of it but still struggle to fix it.
Unfortunately there's no magic secret to making it go away, but for me the main thing is just reminding myself that only doing one thing per day isn't normal, and I have to get started on task #1 quickly (otherwise I tend to spend hours scrolling social media). Then once I start the first task and get it done with several hours left in the evening, reminding myself I now have time to do more things rather than just getting on the computer and browsing Reddit.

I remember back in 2016 or 2017 I always went on her goodreads to get inspiration for what to read, but every time I picked a book that she had read and rated highly, it brought me a reading slump instantly. Back then I thought it was because English is not my native language so it probably had to do with a language thing, but shortly after I noticed it was purely because of the type of novels she reads 🤷‍♀️😅 (no judgement of course, we all have our favourite genres, I just found the type of books she reads unnecessarily dull and long??)

Reactions: 10
Nice to see people on the thread admitting they have a few Jess-like qualities - I'm another! But self-awareness is key. Instead of perpetuating the image of someone who's busy and productive, I'd like to see her acknowledging her struggles with time management and sharing her approaches to tackling it.

Reactions: 7
Nice to see people on the thread admitting they have a few Jess-like qualities - I'm another! But self-awareness is key. Instead of perpetuating the image of someone who's busy and productive, I'd like to see her acknowledging her struggles with time management and sharing her approaches to tackling it.
She won’t ever acknowledge it though, she just likes to complain

Reactions: 4
I can't believe they didn't put on a single load of washing while living in that flat
I don’t even have enough clothes to go without washing them for 8 weeks 🤣

Also, where did they keep all those clothes? That must’ve been an insane pile.

It’s pure lazy, even I just take clean ones out of the washing basket and then put them on the floor and repeat the cycle! She honestly is the laziest person ever

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.