Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just can't get over her completely missing the point of vlogmas and vlogging random days in November. I don't mind when influencers throw in a haul or favorites video or something for a day of Vlogmas, but from Jess it's just so weird. We want to see you opening your massive windows in your beautiful room, opening advent calendars, and doing Lush hauls. Not whining in your pajamas about how hard it is to be a parent with endless resources at your disposal.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Every vlog our princess is tired. And she spends about 15 min explaining that. I know her vlogs are not the most content dense but this is really stretching it. Her vlogs were always 'boring' but not to this extent. I feel she did not bring much new to the table even with the kid in tow.

Reactions: 6
I just can't get over her completely missing the point of vlogmas and vlogging random days in November. I don't mind when influencers throw in a haul or favorites video or something for a day of Vlogmas, but from Jess it's just so weird. We want to see you opening your massive windows in your beautiful room, opening advent calendars, and doing Lush hauls. Not whining in your pajamas about how hard it is to be a parent with endless resources at your disposal.
Exactly this!

Reactions: 5
Every vlog our princess is tired. And she spends about 15 min explaining that. I know her vlogs are not the most content dense but this is really stretching it. Her vlogs were always 'boring' but not to this extent. I feel she did not bring much new to the table even with the kid in tow.
Even if her vlogs have never been ‘exciting’ they were cosy and relaxing to watch and I used to enjoy to follow her just for that. Let’s hope she’ll have new creative ideas soon whenever she’ll adapt to motherhood, with that same vibe at least

Reactions: 4
thanks. Eight months is a very long time to get used to something
To be fair a baby is not exactly the same as anything else. 6-12 months is when they go through sleep regression, especially over lockdown and Covid if she’s starting to work again it’s around that age when you and your baby will be suffering with separation anxiety, starting to walk and crawl and early stages of talking, growth spurts (painful), teething, so it’s not really getting used to it because it’s constantly changing and regressing and changing

Reactions: 7
She doesn't have a real job, so as much as I want to feel sympathy for her - she gets to spend all this time with her child while most mums have been back doing their regular job while taking care of baby.

Obviously I think depression can hit anyone regardless of circumstance, but it's very grating to have someone complain about tiredness throughout their vlogs when they have heaps of privilege.

Her vlogs are so low energy and so chatty. They can't take that long to make or edit.

Reactions: 20
Jess: *Zak’s mum makes “lots of pancakes”*
Still Jess the clip after that: “out for coffee”
🤔🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
OK I watched some of vlogmas. If you watch more than one at a time it is extremely repetitive. Mainly chatting to the camera about how tired she is and what she has to do, such as baby swimming class, personal training or getting hair or nails done. The only bits I liked was the haul parts. I think at least with hauls there is no pretense. I know hauls are out of favour now, but I kinda wish some youtubers would get to the point and show us the goods.

I used to love her vlogs so much but now I just zone out because she literally does nothing all day and it shows.

Before I decide whether I’m going to sit through it I quickly scroll through and if the vlog is all her talking at the camera I just don’t watch. Today’s one is 14 mins long, or which 11 is her doing her make up. Why bother? Ah, of course, the money.

Reactions: 12
She doesn't have a real job, so as much as I want to feel sympathy for her - she gets to spend all this time with her child while most mums have been back doing their regular job while taking care of baby.
And the thing is, being a full time youtuber CAN be a “real job” with 40+ hour work weeks dedicated to producing interesting content. There are many youtubers who run their channels professionally as a business, and that time and effort shows. Meanwhile Jess’s lack of professionalism and effort has wasted the opportunity of having almost half a million subscribers. It’s fine for her to want youtube to be her job, but she should at least treat it like one. Credit to her for at least keeping up with vlogmas, but the quality of her videos is dismal, not to mention how low the views are. And she’s done nothing to make any of it better.

I am surprised she has uploaded almost every day despite pre-filming but doesn't matter at all, I haven't watched a single one of the vlogs apart from the first two. I used to love her vlogs, even when she was doing the same things (going to the library), but now I am just so bored by her content and her attitude. Obviously we don't know what is truly going on with her life but the little she shows? doesn't put her in a good light at all imo.

Reactions: 12
She has a weird voice that goes from being hoarse to shrill, but always monotone. She’s not emotionally balanced and totally ignores the downfall of views and engagement in her videos, that’s a fact.

Reactions: 5
It's her last vlog and she seems so depressed and sad. Makes me wonder what happened with her. I remember when she was beaming with energy in her old vlogs years ago.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Watching the Christmas Eve vlog I wonder if there's ever a bit of tension between Jess and Indie, or if Indie just wasn't super comfortable on camera. I know she's chosen to not really appear much in videos anymore, but while Jess was filming the clip talking about how they were going to be wrapping, Indie looked SO uncomfortable, for someone who literally grew up acting silly and trying to be in the frame whenever Jess was vlogging. I'm usually not too fast to hop on the "her family must be ashamed of her" train, but I do think it's possible that maybe she's annoying in real life, sitting around talking about how busy she is while the rest of them actually work. Of course I'm just inferring a lot here, but that's what this site is for, right lol?

Reactions: 10
I mean Indie is what, 18? I think she's probably just not super keen to be on camera now knowing that she's going to be going to university and other people might see her in the videos.

Reactions: 15
It was strange how she almost said that she needed to do vlogmas because she has the baby and the house and responsibilities. I don't know if this is pressure coming from family but seems odd to me. She also said she doesn't want Ines to associate Christmas with her being very busy. She is in the wrong line of work if that is an issue. The likes of Alix from I covet thee literally only worked in the run up to Christmas this year.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.