Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You made my point better than me. I know most people on Tattle don’t set out to be bitchy etc but if I read posts about how overprivileged, spoilt & lazy I am I wouldn’t take it well.
Personally I'd use it as an opportunity to look at myself and see if they have a point..but I don't think some who fit into this category are interested in self examination and improvement

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You made my point better than me. I know most people on Tattle don’t set out to be bitchy etc but if I read posts about how overprivileged, spoilt & lazy I am I wouldn’t take it well.
She’s mentioned her privilege before? On a few occasions, she knows where she stands. Also if you don’t use comments constructively from online (bare in mind most people here still watch her videos so they line her pockets) she has no boss to pull her up on her work, so viewers do that? If she really can’t see she was lazy before (pre baby) she’s clearly on a different planet

Reactions: 10
She’s mentioned her privilege before? On a few occasions, she knows where she stands. Also if you don’t use comments constructively from online (bare in mind most people here still watch her videos so they line her pockets) she has no boss to pull her up on her work, so viewers do that? If she really can’t see she was lazy before (pre baby) she’s clearly on a different planet
Sure but everyone is different. If I was an influencer, I wouldn't want to read my Tattle page even if I knew it existed. If I did read it, I don't think I'd be particularly concerned with people's opinions. From an outside view, I think she is lazy and has no idea of the real world but maybe she is coming out of a tough year (mum cancer , auntie dying etc.) and is suffering from depression and so is (in her mind) hanging on and doing the best she can. I guess we don't know the answer, but I see no reason why influencers should read here really.

Reactions: 4
She's also proven before that she can't even stand normal feedback, so of course she can't take any criticism well. She had that video where she asked people if she should merge her vlogs into her main channel, and then in her next video she said she hadn't read the comments because she was afraid people would disagree with her merging the channels, which she'd already decided she wanted to do. She mentions her privilege mostly with regard to like, social justice issues, whenever she's virtue signaling and trying to exempt herself from the "eat the rich" cries on social media. She doesn't really mention it when she's talking about why she needs $5000 of sweaters from Farfetch or a rental flat in addition to a whole floor of a huge house plus another entire house plus a property in the country.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She wastes so much time, puts make up before she takes her baby to a swimming class… then complains later about having to put make up over make up. This is where people who have had proper jobs think about this stuff

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I know people say if you don't like someone just don't watch them, but the thing is I do like elements of her content. It's just buried under a lot of a lot of stuff I really dislike. Also I know it's reductive, but if I am able to say online that a TV show is bad, then I should be able to say that a vlog is bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Really liked her look for the management Christmas party, but I wish she didn't spend half the vlog saying she couldn't really be bothered to go. I'd be miffed if I was also going/had organised it!

I agree, anyway - I like a lot of her content, especially her book videos. They can be lacking in substance sometimes, but I've read quite a few books I've spotted on them and enjoyed many. I found Uni/Masters Jess very relatable (not in terms of money, but I was an English Lit student during the exact same years) and I love when snippets of that old Jess flicker through. I think that's why I find her so frustrating lately!

Reactions: 6
She makes me laugh, saying that she doesn't have the budget to buy clothes right now... It's just insulting hearing her say these things. I get what she means, even rich people can be aware of their spendings, but come on.

Reactions: 36
Vlogmas day six is definitely my favourite so far! If she could keep creating vlogs like that it would be great!

The outfit that she wore was beautiful too 😍

I wonder if she can't buy clothes because her sponsors are drying out and for once in forever she has to pay out of her pocket.

I know people say if you don't like someone just don't watch them, but the thing is I do like elements of her content. It's just buried under a lot of a lot of stuff I really dislike. Also I know it's reductive, but if I am able to say online that a TV show is bad, then I should be able to say that a vlog is bad.
I don’t disagree. But influencing is a very odd mix of personal & business.

Catching up on my weekend reading, folks. Just a reminder that the school Jess attended has topped the table as the UK's best performing independent (fee-paying) secondary school for the ninth time in the last ten years.

ParentPower2022.png

As you were.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
She's also proven before that she can't even stand normal feedback, so of course she can't take any criticism well. She had that video where she asked people if she should merge her vlogs into her main channel, and then in her next video she said she hadn't read the comments because she was afraid people would disagree with her merging the channels, which she'd already decided she wanted to do. She mentions her privilege mostly with regard to like, social justice issues, whenever she's virtue signaling and trying to exempt herself from the "eat the rich" cries on social media. She doesn't really mention it when she's talking about why she needs $5000 of sweaters from Farfetch or a rental flat in addition to a whole floor of a huge house plus another entire house plus a property in the country.
It’s easy for her to acknowledge her white privilege. But to actually acknowledge her privilege she’d have to say - I can be highly inefficient, miss deadlines & it doesn’t really matter one jot, I still have a beautiful place to live so does my boyfriend and we also have access to a holiday house & my mum loves to spoil me so we’ll go on at least one lovely holiday this year & I’ll get a ton of lovely presents.
I

Reactions: 10
Catching up on my weekend reading, folks. Just a reminder that the school Jess attended has topped the table as the UK's best performing independent (fee-paying) secondary school for the ninth time in the last ten years.

View attachment 909443

As you were.
Is this the same school Grace Beverley went to?

Reactions: 2
She's never had a real job before, are we really surprised she's not used to getting real criticism?

Reactions: 14
Jess making a Patreon is the antithesis of what she's about, which is complete lack of accountability. At least now when you dip out because you're overwhelmed from making content, it's just some mad comments and a thread on a site you don't have to read. Imagine when those people are paying money.

Reactions: 14
Jess making a Patreon is the antithesis of what she's about, which is complete lack of accountability. At least now when you dip out because you're overwhelmed from making content, it's just some mad comments and a thread on a site you don't have to read. Imagine when those people are paying money.
THIS!

She better be ready to pump content every single week because the patrons will not be kind if she is unreliable. I have seen YouTubers who disappeared from Patreon being severely attacked online to the point of never posting again because their patrons called them out on every social media they had.

If she thinks that WE are attacking for literally asking her to do her god damn job then she better be ready for her patrons who will be far worse than us.

I still remember how she took a break from YouTube after people called her out on her unnecessary travel to the US.

She doesn’t have a patreon yet and already forgot to mention the winners of the giveway so she did it A WEEK AFTER. She def starts well. (from her IG story)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
She doesn’t have a patreon yet and already forgot to mention the winners of the giveway so she did it A WEEK AFTER. She def starts well. (from her IG story)
ah yes the giveaway from a book club that was charging £20 or £30 quid to attend online

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.