Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She could be referencing tattle when she’s talking about patreon being a safer space? I know she used to read her gg thread back in the day.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I don’t know why, but that “hi my loves” in her overly quite, .5 of a playback speed, quaint voice, like she’s a dream like pixie, drives me mental.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It would make way more sense if she was talking about Tattle. I thought that she was harassed or something by the way she talked about it in her vlog

See, if she already can't take criticism from viewers who watched her for years she has no place on Patreon. The patrons will not accept her flacky content, constant moaning and disappearance there. Heck no! She will have to pump content once a week, newsletters, personal videos, etc

To be honest I do not read this thread everyday so I don't know if people were attacking her. All I see is a group of dedicated followers who simply want her to post more consistently and better quality content. If she was actually interacting with her followers in the comments I wouldn't be on Tattle but on her channel discussing openly about that.

She has some cheeks to want to create a paid environment to "interact" with us when the only reason she still has a career is because we are supporting her and her constant ads.

Reactions: 17
Does patreon not have rules? So if she doesn’t deliver what she claims don’t patreon hold the money? So she can’t be flaky af, she’ll have to actually deliver!

Reactions: 1
A Patreon?! She’s already always “feeling guilty”, imagine having a Patreon! Her personality couldn’t handle it! —maybe she thinks she’ll do better with more pressure.

The Patreons I know of are people who do a lot of research and work for their content.

I do know of one controversial person who has a Patreon to have discussions behind a paywall. This person has very traditional (extreme in my opinion) views on marriage and I know she and her audience discuss this in more detail on Patreon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
It would make way more sense if she was talking about Tattle. I thought that she was harassed or something by the way she talked about it in her vlog

See, if she already can't take criticism from viewers who watched her for years she has no place on Patreon. The patrons will not accept her flacky content, constant moaning and disappearance there. Heck no! She will have to pump content once a week, newsletters, personal videos, etc

To be honest I do not read this thread everyday so I don't know if people were attacking her. All I see is a group of dedicated followers who simply want her to post more consistently and better quality content. If she was actually interacting with her followers in the comments I wouldn't be on Tattle but on her channel discussing openly about that.

She has some cheeks to want to create a paid environment to "interact" with us when the only reason she still has a career is because we are supporting her and her constant ads.
It depends what you mean about attacking her. She could easily read this thread as an attack on her, I haven’t scrolled back but I’m pretty sure she has been called lazy multiple times. Whereas Guru Gossip was during her uni days when she was much less criticised. I can see why she could read this thread as “people who don’t have the best intentions.” I think a lot of influencers think - if you don’t like me don’t watch me.

The Patreons I know of are people who do a lot of research and work for their content.
I agree with this so much! The people I support on Patreon (in my opinion) are making useful, engaging and important content and I want to pay them so they can make more of this content! I would never consider supporting someone who sits in their pyjamas talking to the camera about how many hours their baby sleeps for 25 minutes at a time and then shows us a 3k coat they bought....

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Honestly, I would absolutely pay for her Patreon if she is :

- providing reviews and tours of the hotels that she is staying at
- giving us fashion reviews of the brands that she actually loves
- filming through London and not 3 minutes videos
- doing weekly vlogs where she shows her weekly life
- openly discussing how Zak and her are planning for their future away from her mother

This is my personal list based on the Patreon that I have.

Reactions: 10
I’m unsure where this idea of Patreon being some kind of safe space, semi-utopia is coming from. This is the third person I’ve seen recently who has used this reason as the motivation behind wanting to start one.

Reactions: 11
I’m unsure where this idea of Patreon being some kind of safe space, semi-utopia is coming from. This is the third person I’ve seen recently who has used this reason as the motivation behind wanting to start one.
I think it’s probably more of a safe space. No one is going to pay money to watch someone they have a lot of criticisms of IMO.
I’m curious what are the fees for it generally? How much could Jess potentially make?

Reactions: 2
I think it’s probably more of a safe space. No one is going to pay money to watch someone they have a lot of criticisms of IMO.
I’m curious what are the fees for it generally? How much could Jess potentially make?
I follow a couple of creators on Patreon, if she does multiple tiers usually the cheapest one is around $3, and then the higher ones can go up to $40/$50 (not sure if other creators have ones more expensive than that).

Agree. And even if someone who does have a few criticisms becomes a Patreon, they will presumably be fewer in numbers than when all content is free.

100% would not pay an unreliable person and expect her to create worthwhile regular content.

I don't think Jess is being attacked on tattle, she is being criticized by some of her followers. There is a difference.

Reactions: 20
100% would not pay an unreliable person and expect her to create worthwhile regular content.

I don't think Jess is being attacked on tattle, she is being criticized by some of her followers. There is a difference.
I guess the nuance might be lost when it's about you. I also think Jess appreciates privacy, demonstrated by the fact she hardly ever films her life and instead just films herself talking about what happened after the event. Maybe if the audience is closed-off and identifiable, she will feel more comfortable filming her home/family etc. Maybe her laziness is also based on the fact she feels weird sharing her private life with thousands of people. Lol the other alternative is, of course, to get a different job haha.

Reactions: 6
I would never pay for a Patreon of an influencer. The ones I have considered were about history or society. In the end, I don’t follow anyone on Patreon, I have enough things I pay for already.

Yes, it is more of a safe space. I also know of some quite extreme religious people who seem to have a thriving Patreon community, because of some of the things they say on YouTube, it’s hard for them to start get sponsorships, so instead they urge their community to join and promote them on Patreon. There, they can speak freely about certain “controversial” topics. Topics that can quickly spiral out of control on YouTube, but on Patreon it’s more likeminded people sharing opinions. It’s also easier to remove people.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
She has a pretty small audience already and I can't really see more than 100 people or so subscribing to her Patreon. Most people only get the cheapest tier which is usually $2. Will Jess really have the motivation to do weekly content for $200 per month? I highly doubt it lmao. Why not instead focus more on YouTube and interacting with her audience on Instagram where she is paid a lot more?

Reactions: 20
I would never pay for a Patreon of an influencer. The ones I have considered were about history or society. In the end, I don’t follow anyone on Patreon, I have enough things I pay for already.
I support 2 people on Patreon - an extremely talented but poor young artist at £1 a month and just started supporting a friend of mine who does music as she's an actress supporting herself and has had no income since the pandemic..mind you neither have I lol. (might cancel hers tbh because she's found work and I can't really afford the extra £3 a month)

I guess the nuance might be lost when it's about you. I also think Jess appreciates privacy, demonstrated by the fact she hardly ever films her life and instead just films herself talking about what happened after the event. Maybe if the audience is closed-off and identifiable, she will feel more comfortable filming her home/family etc. Maybe her laziness is also based on the fact she feels weird sharing her private life with thousands of people. Lol the other alternative is, of course, to get a different job haha.
You made my point better than me. I know most people on Tattle don’t set out to be bitchy etc but if I read posts about how overprivileged, spoilt & lazy I am I wouldn’t take it well.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.