Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I assume part of it is, that she wants her dad to spend time with his grand daughter? And that whilst she’s still young he gets the same chance as her mum
She is not with her dad atm. They were with him in June when she posted some stories from Memphis and Nashville.
The probably took the road trip from TN to NY to meet with her mum and continue the trip. The videos she posts in tiktok must have been around 2 weeks ago.
In the last IG story she posted she was in Utah i believe.

Reactions: 1
I'm sorry but.... blogger of the year? Is she joking?! The blog has been down for most of the year, has she published something relevant?

Either the blog community is desperate or she paid to get nominated.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Yeah really baffled by her nomination. Really wondering who would vote for her. Surely even her fans are not that easily fooled. 😄

Reactions: 4
The worst part about her blogger of the year nomination is that she’ll actually think she deserves it for her “hard work” 🙄

she said her book patreon is finally ready - between December when she decided to start it to now, it’s taken her almost 8 months just to get the damn page up

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I know of a podcast awards here in Australia where you have to pay to be nominated. I wonder if this is the case here? Total speculation of course. Just seems more likely than her actually being nominated by followers.

Reactions: 1
I know of a podcast awards here in Australia where you have to pay to be nominated. I wonder if this is the case here? Total speculation of course. Just seems more likely than her actually being nominated by followers.
Nah I think the bloggersphere awards have been running so long they just have to pick random people to be nominated at this point. Look at the nominees in the big categories and you’ll maybe know 1/2. Poppy Deyes won blogger or influencer of the year a few years ago, and if you’ve ever tortured yourself through reading her blog or even an instagram caption you’ll know how much of a joke that is. Grace Victory won influencer of the year last year because she got covid and spent months in a coma, incredibly sad but I’m not sure what’s influential about that.

Reactions: 7
I wonder why Jessie has never made the move to become a luxury lifestyle/travel blogger (seeing as she has all the resources to). She has the means to maintain this, would be more authentic to her lifestyle and would attract brand partnerships that she found useful/purposeful to her lifestyle. Part of me wonders if she’ll move this way once the house renovations are finished as she would easily be able to feature pictures of no doubt her gorgeous home.

Reactions: 3
She can't do the move to luxury influencer because her viewers would assassinate her.

I don't know if you watched her last What I got for Christmas years ago but she got so much backlash that she stopped doing it. So, now she is pretending to be your average woman living at home with her family.

Reactions: 8
She can't do the move to luxury influencer because her viewers would assassinate her.

I don't know if you watched her last What I got for Christmas years ago but she got so much backlash that she stopped doing it. So, now she is pretending to be your average woman living at home with her family.
That really annoyed me. Being relatable is all good but some people are looking for escapism, inspiration or just a bougie gift guide? I'm not on youtube for zara hauls. They just ruin it for those of us who are interested in her lifestyle. I don't understand why those people watch her knowing that her family is rich, if they're going to have an issue with it.

Reactions: 9
She just put her patreon up. I actually laughed out loud when reading what comes with each membership level. Can you imagine paying at least 4 euros each month to read her long but shallow book reviews and pay for early access to videos when she doesn't even post videos regularly in the first place?? Make it make sense???

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
said it before but April books in July.. at this stage who fricking cares anymore..

whats next a what I got for Christmas 2012? what I wore to my high school prom? Vlogmas in July?

she's already found 4 Patreon suckers at £266 a month for doing bugger all

also not 3 mins in and her camera has cut out.. how many years have she been making You Tube Videos again?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I would honestly rather throw ten pound notes on a bonfire than subscribe to her Patreon.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I would honestly rather throw ten pound notes on a bonfire than subscribe to her Patreon.
rich people begging makes me absolutely HEAVE

PS a few booktubers I know have a Discord going.. its really fun and you have some great chats on there and pick up some good recommendations.. ITS FREE

shall we do a sweep on the backlash before ppl start contacting Patreon to complain about lack of content?

" a safe space" ie somewhere where you are not allowed to express legit comment and criticism. I mean she deletes comments and doesnt even engage with people on her YT

Reactions: 13
$5.50 (Canadian) just for access to a discord that she probably won’t even participate in? I understand some big creators might restrict discord access to patrons because big communities with 1mil+ followers/subscribers have a lot of trolls and parasocial creeps to weed out. and even then it’s only $1 to $2. but Jess obviously just has an inflated sense of self importance if she thinks she’s in-demand enough to make a patron only discord. Why couldn’t she have made one for her community without a paywall?

Reactions: 10
What are the chances that the top tier subscribers are all other family members supporting her?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
That really annoyed me. Being relatable is all good but some people are looking for escapism, inspiration or just a bougie gift guide? I'm not on youtube for zara hauls. They just ruin it for those of us who are interested in her lifestyle. I don't understand why those people watch her knowing that her family is rich, if they're going to have an issue with it.
I think part of the issue was she always sort of downplayed her family's wealth and tried to act relatable, so people felt betrayed by these random reminders of how rich she really is. Like she talked about food at uni as if she were a broke student, then went home and got $1000 boots for Christmas as just ONE of dozens of lavish gifts.

I think if she just went full luxury vlogger she could lose some followers, but would also gain new ones. On the other hand she still desperately wants to be some badass goth/punk chick with all her tattoos, piercings, and preferring Zak's giant black tees over any of the designer pieces in her wardrobe. So it's possible she'd struggle at either thing, but also possible she'd find a niche she really excelled in if she were just openly true to herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
What are the chances that the top tier subscribers are all other family members supporting her?
Zak
Mum
Indie (from Mum’s bank card)
Zak again (from one of the other bulging bank accounts they have)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.