Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did any of you guys check out her "new" website? I don't get how this was a legit project for her this spring. There's one new feature (the Bookshelf page) and it doesn't even work properly (at least for me it takes ages to load) and only has 6 books listed. The look of the site is extremely bland and I think she hired someone to do the artwork. Also, I just had a look at the About page and it doesn't give a very professional impression of her as a reviewer/blogger. The language it very clunky; it's like she dashed it off without a second glance.

Reactions: 10
Just finished the house vlog. I like that she's keeping it traditional, minus the bathroom on the top floor loft. It's a bit odd that she's planning things like deVOL kitchens when they don't even have windows or walls finished! They must be really lax with their contractor, and be letting him work on it whenever he feels like it, because the lack of progress is insane!
In 3+ years they've put in the loft, knocked down a wall, and done some plastering.... :unsure:
As someone else said, other people have bought houses, ripped them back like hers, and they are completed and they're living in them now - in a quarter of the time.
I know at the beginning they had issues with planning permissions, but I think the truth of it is that she and Zack were indecisive and waffled and changed their minds, and that's why that stage took so long.
They haven't even begun the huge structural work for the kitchen yet! I feel like she's been talking about just that for 2 years.

I predict that that kitchen work might be done by the end of the year, and the plastering, and maybe the upstairs staircase will be put in, and that's it.
2003 - windows (maybe not), flooring, tiling
2004 - plumbing, drainage, heating/air con
2005 - fireplaces, bookcases, restoring wood/stairs
2006 - kitchen in, bathrooms in, painting (maybe optimistic)
2007 - maybe moving in??? :eek:
girllllll are you ok?🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Did any of you guys check out her "new" website? I don't get how this was a legit project for her this spring. There's one new feature (the Bookshelf page) and it doesn't even work properly (at least for me it takes ages to load) and only has 6 books listed. The look of the site is extremely bland and I think she hired someone to do the artwork. Also, I just had a look at the About page and it doesn't give a very professional impression of her as a reviewer/blogger. The language it very clunky; it's like she dashed it off without a second glance.
Took a look and I guess she's pivoting completely towards books (which makes the Archive of random photos of her look even more random). Looking at the home page, if you saw that the latest post is on February/March books you would probably think she doesn't post very often. But then you tap into it and it was posted on 23rd May. How can you not be embarrassed about being that late? I used to post twice a week on my blog when I had a full time job back in the day.

And I looked at one of her book reviews under "bookshelf" - I haven't been keeping up with her book content for a long time but her writing is so mediocre. Vloggers who write blogs are usually awful but I'd expect Jess, who has two degrees in English to be able to write a better review than this:

I listened to this novel and at times was quite enjoying it and at others found it a little boring. It's about a woman called Miss Benson who is in search of the practically mythical golden beetle in 1950 and ends up going on a trip halfway around the world in search of it. She takes along with her a rather unlikely companion in the form of Enid Pretty - a chatterbox in a pink suit. It's supposed to be a heart-warming adventure about the friendship between these two women and what they discover about each other and themselves, and I suppose it is. But the pacing seems off and some of its ideas are a little dodgy - the villainous mentally unstable POW Mundick for one. The prose was solid with hints of real beauty, it was just the storyline I was less sure of. And don't get me started on the narrator's voice for Enid (other than that she was great).
Like it starts in the middle of nowhere, ends abruptly and all the thoughts seem randomly added in - there's no flow to it.

Reactions: 4
Exactly! I checked it out briefly and frankly with the resources Jess has I was taken aback by the design and the layout. Here is a girl with all the resources that she can use for supposedly her future in publishing and here we are with a half-arsed design that it seems someone came up with in 15 min. It doesn't seem that professional.

Reactions: 1
Is publishing still tattle speculation or has she actually mentioned it? Because I work in publishing and we do not need any more mediocre middle class white women who have done nothing to earn their place there. Industry already is saturated with women like her. 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Pretty sure it's just speculation. Her scifi review gig is a step in the direction of building connections within the industry but I'm not aware of anything else she has done.

Yeah it's just speculation.

I am still very happy to see that she got a job even though it was pure nepotism. The girl had to do something else because YouTube is clearly not a passion anymore.

Reactions: 2
Jess specifically said she’d no interest in pursuing a professional career in publishing. She’s doing fuckall in terms of work and that’s unlikely to ever change

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
She has no interest in pursuing a professional career in fuckin anything! Bone idle.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The reno series is a joke. They should have bought a brand new house. They've gutted the poor house to the point where everything is new despite the fact Jess keeps saying how everything will feel old once finished. Only rebuilding the chimney stacks cost around 25k for both chimneys, they have so much many to burn it's sickening.

Reactions: 28
The reno series is a joke. They should have bought a brand new house. They've gutted the poor house to the point where everything is new despite the fact Jess keeps saying how everything will feel old once finished. Only rebuilding the chimney stacks cost around 25k for both chimneys, they have so much many to burn it's sickening.
Yeah also found that remark super strange. Like giiiirl your house will be all new. Doesn't seem like they will keep it that traditional especially when the furniture is there. I don't see it.

Reactions: 4
For most people who buy a house the priority would be moving in. Doing whatever immediate work needs to be done and then getting into the house and continuing to work as you go. Especially if you’re living in your mothers home with your partner and child. Her priority seems to just be to elongate every process as much as possible so she doesn’t have to face change. The idea of moving is probably exhausting to her and she’d never live anywhere even 10% unfinished because she needs to be in her comfort zone all the time.

With all the help she currently has at her mothers I’m interested to see what they do in terms of getting a housekeeper or how full time the nanny will be. I could definitely see them ‘hiring’ her sister for summer too to nanny the baby.

Reactions: 12
I'm also really confused about how she sort of claims they bought an old house to stick to a lower budget, but surely the amount of money they're putting into this makes it come out to as much if not more than a newer house they could have moved into right away? Obviously moving ASAP to stop paying rent wasn't a priority for them, but clearly sticking to a budget and DIYing wasn't their plan either.

Reactions: 13
God I bet her neighbours can’t wait for it to be finished! I know not much has been done anyway but the prospect of there being another 3+ years of disruption would get on my nerves considering it’s a terrace

• Heart
Reactions: 19
If her parents aren't rich, both her and Zack are just lazy unemployed bums with a baby who are a burden to society.

Reactions: 14
She is such a hoarder. I get that it would be frustrating to feel like you suddenly can't use any of these beautiful, expensive clothing pieces you own after having a baby, but I feel like she's going to basically keep (or "archive") her entire pre-baby wardrobe in addition to buying a whole new wardrobe for her postpartum body.

Reactions: 12
The second renovation series video is really good!

I donknow if she read our complaints here or if people told her on social media but it is so much better. I love traditional kitchens and hers is incredible 😍

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.