Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jess’s entire life is a teenager’s summer vacation. Can’t believe she’s flying off for the summer instead of focusing on getting as much work done on the house as she can - surely the renovation work would basically come to a pause if she’s not there? unless she’s hired someone to make the decisions for her, which I doubt because otherwise they would’ve made a lot more progress already?

On a side note I wonder why her mother sold her house. A shame because the interior design in her previous one was gorgeous

Reactions: 15
So shocked her mum is selling the house! Also wild that her mum has bought (no doubt) another multi million pound house before selling. Maybe they’re downsizing because Jess will be moving out and Indie possibly going to uni soon?

Reactions: 13
So shocked her mum is selling the house! Also wild that her mum has bought (no doubt) another multi million pound house before selling. Maybe they’re downsizing because Jess will be moving out and Indie possibly going to uni soon?
I reckon her mum has had enough of a house that size! She doesn’t need a whole top floor dedicated to her late twenties daughter. I wonder if this is a snap decision based on the current market or she’d thought of it for awhile seeing as not long ago they had air con put in 😂

Reactions: 12
did jess say her mum's already sold the house? Does that mean it's going to be on right move?
not yet, it sounded like she has already bought the new house, is going to move into it, then sell the old house. I love her mums style so would love to see the photos when it goes live 😆

Reactions: 14
Her mom will probably get a lot of work done on the new place before they move in - sounds like Jess and Zack aren't going to have a place to live in it like the current one, so their house will have to be at least liveable before the move takes place.
Insane in the current housing situation, but guess when you're that rich it's not a factor. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 9
If her mum’s having serious work done to it, do you think that’s why she’s doing an extended summer holiday in the US?

Reactions: 5
You'd think her mother selling her house would inspire Jess to get a move on with hers but nope. She'll mooch off her rich parents for as long as possible.

Reactions: 14
If her mum’s having serious work done to it, do you think that’s why she’s doing an extended summer holiday in the US?
Hmm yeah maybe!
Wouldn't it be hilarious if her mother gets all the work done on her new house in a month or two and moves in before Jess's kitchen is even finished! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Hmm yeah maybe!
Wouldn't it be hilarious if her mother gets all the work done on her new house in a month or two and moves in before Jess's kitchen is even finished! :ROFLMAO:
I can't 🤣

The worst thing is that you may be right 🤣

Reactions: 1
Why am I sad her mum is selling their house lol. It’s the type of house you never sell surely!!

Reactions: 19
Why am I sad her mum is selling their house lol. It’s the type of house you never sell surely!!
For real though! It’s such a beautiful house, and even if you don’t factor in the fact that she has enough money to just buy a new one, it has sentimental value. I couldn’t sell the house in which my kids grew up honestly

• Sick
Reactions: 6
For real though! It’s such a beautiful house, and even if you don’t factor in the fact that she has enough money to just buy a new one, it has sentimental value. I couldn’t sell the house in which my kids grew up honestly
Thing is, they’ve lived in another one previous? We also don’t know if her step dad ever moved back in? Because he’d gone off to the farm? So maybe she’s selling as they’re getting divorced?

i'm sure the new house will be even more beautiful than the last, and will get luxurious renovations too.

Reactions: 4
This is one of the reasons why the UK housing market is a bit fucked though cause people stay in family sized houses way after their kids have permanently left home. I’m not necessarily criticising it cause I can understand it completely. But I think it’s fair enough if they’re downsizing (not certain they are!), and the next family will get to move in and enjoy it.

Or maybe the next people will do what Jess has done- buy a family sized house, do very little with it for three years, leave it empty and unoccupied and then wonder why there’s a housing shortage 🥴

Reactions: 8
Her mum's house is nicely renovated but the location is not great. Maybe they are after a detached property or better location.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.