Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh god the way she speaks irritates me too, had to watch it in 1.5x speed lol. she used to be nice to listen to and was a lot more well spoken, now she has a lot of weird speech mannerisms
It’s like she’s got braces in but her mouth hasn’t changed from what I’ve noticed

I thought industries like construction started back up latest 2021 so it is weird that they're taking this long.
Did they actually complete any work on it yet?
A rhetorical question I see.

(kidding.)

It seems like they've demolished a few bits but nothing substantial really seems to have been done. It just looks gutted if anything.

Reactions: 5
I remember a few years ago I loved her jewelry-heavy looks but now I just think it looks clunky and weird. Anyway re: her voice, I remember someone in a gossip forum guessing a year or two ago that her weird excessive mouth noises were supposed to be a segue into making ASMR videos, but she's never done that. She just speaks strangely or has weird mic settings for no apparent reason.

Her house layout makes 0 sense, I think they’ll regret it and she keeps talking about it with if someone else were to buy it which is good to acknowledge but it almost sounds like she doesn’t plan on staying for very long which seems stupid given how long they’ll have waited for it

Reactions: 13
Her house layout makes 0 sense, I think they’ll regret it and she keeps talking about it with if someone else were to buy it which is good to acknowledge but it almost sounds like she doesn’t plan on staying for very long which seems stupid given how long they’ll have waited for it
you are right.
I think, years ago when they bought the house, she said it’s not going to be their „forever home“.

Reactions: 2
you are right.
I think, years ago when they bought the house, she said it’s not going to be their „forever home“.
I vaguely remember her speculating that they’d stay for maybe 10 years. If that includes the Reno time she’s close enough to be half way there 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I am really happy that she is starting a home series. As someone who is also going through a house purchase I can relate.

Is there a reason why they did nothing for 3 years? I know that construction was slowed down in 2020 but what about 2019 and 2021?

Amelia Liana bought her house after Jess, did a lot of renovation and is already living in it.

Also, why is this not her forever home? They already wasted so much time and money. Did they explain why they won't stay in this forever?

Reactions: 4
The most irritating thing to me is how Jess plays dress up to fit the role in which she’s pretending to be..tattoo day? Biker chick. House Reno? Blazers and cups of coffee in hand. It’s so transparent. She has no personality of her own anymore. Also why tf is she out of breath with every word that spews from her mouth? It’s unbearable to listen to.

Reactions: 26
Did she ever have her baby?! I remember her announcing a pregnancy what seems like yonks ago

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I giggled to myself at the part in the video where she was talking about liking how there weren't too many stairs between floors. It seems like they've done some thing where they have 5 different levels, but some of the levels are just one area offset half a floor from the other two. But she always used to whine soooo much about how she was huffing and puffing from going up and down the stairs in her mom's house, so maybe she really does think this is a great feature.

Reactions: 9
I giggled to myself at the part in the video where she was talking about liking how there weren't too many stairs between floors. It seems like they've done some thing where they have 5 different levels, but some of the levels are just one area offset half a floor from the other two. But she always used to whine soooo much about how she was huffing and puffing from going up and down the stairs in her mom's house, so maybe she really does think this is a great feature.
This is quite a standard layout for Victorian terraces in London ie you have the ground floor, go up a main flight of stairs and have a bathroom and bedroom, go up maybe two stairs for another two bedrooms, then up another main flight of stairs and have bedrooms on a second floor which again maybe on marginally different levels or the same level and there is also a basement. Obviously given it’s in London still £1m plus (before renovations) but not as grand as it might otherwise seem as these types of houses are a dime a dozen

This is quite a standard layout for Victorian terraces in London ie you have the ground floor, go up a main flight of stairs and have a bathroom and bedroom, go up maybe two stairs for another two bedrooms, then up another main flight of stairs and have bedrooms on a second floor which again maybe on marginally different levels or the same level and there is also a basement. Obviously given it’s in London still £1m plus (before renovations) but not as grand as it might otherwise seem as these types of houses are a dime a dozen
Oh yeah, I've seen it before, I just think her complaining about stairs is amusing for someone who goes to the gym as often as she likes to and is able-bodied and healthy otherwise.

Reactions: 6
Just finished the house vlog. I like that she's keeping it traditional, minus the bathroom on the top floor loft. It's a bit odd that she's planning things like deVOL kitchens when they don't even have windows or walls finished! They must be really lax with their contractor, and be letting him work on it whenever he feels like it, because the lack of progress is insane!
In 3+ years they've put in the loft, knocked down a wall, and done some plastering.... :unsure:
As someone else said, other people have bought houses, ripped them back like hers, and they are completed and they're living in them now - in a quarter of the time.
I know at the beginning they had issues with planning permissions, but I think the truth of it is that she and Zack were indecisive and waffled and changed their minds, and that's why that stage took so long.
They haven't even begun the huge structural work for the kitchen yet! I feel like she's been talking about just that for 2 years.

I predict that that kitchen work might be done by the end of the year, and the plastering, and maybe the upstairs staircase will be put in, and that's it.
2003 - windows (maybe not), flooring, tiling
2004 - plumbing, drainage, heating/air con
2005 - fireplaces, bookcases, restoring wood/stairs
2006 - kitchen in, bathrooms in, painting (maybe optimistic)
2007 - maybe moving in??? :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I predict that that kitchen work might be done by the end of the year, and the plastering, and maybe the upstairs staircase will be put in, and that's it.
2003 - windows (maybe not), flooring, tiling
2004 - plumbing, drainage, heating/air con
2005 - fireplaces, bookcases, restoring wood/stairs
2006 - kitchen in, bathrooms in, painting (maybe optimistic)
2007 - maybe moving in??? :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Your timeline is probably correct and it makes me so stressed. Ines will be in primary school when they move in.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.