Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
It's so weird how she seems to have missed the whole point of Vlogmas. Literally just....show us snippets of your life in December. It doesn't really count to have tried to pre-vlog several weeks of November so you have more content to post. She used to manage daily vlogs while a student. I know she has Ines now, but a couple years ago she tried without a baby OR school work and suddenly could only manage 3 vlogs the whole month, and didn't vlog anything from like the 23rd til after New Year??

• Wow
Reactions: 14

kenyounot

For someone so naturally gorgeous, Jess has always baffled me with her choice of thumbnail. Deeply unflattering, every time. This latest video she looks like she has no teeth and has aged 75 years with that smile???

• Haha

Anne1448

VIP Member
I feel like I am missing something. Are people attacking Jess in her comment section?

Because in the last vlog she kept saying that she wanted to launch a Patreon because it is a safer space compared to YouTube's comments.

This whole Patreon idea could be the downfall if not the the end of her channel. Her channel is literally hanging by a single thread made of OG viewers. She has no new sponsors and when she has some they are disconnected from her actual brand.

If she creates a Patreon and don't post exclusive and very good content people will destroy her online. There is no way in hell that she can create a Patreon and not post consistently. When people pay for something they expect a return on their investment.

All the Patreon that I have post minimum once a week. Their content are very personal, creative and they do not sit on their beds talking to the camera for more than 5 minutes. She will have to go out in London, film very detailed book reviews, talk about her personal life, etc Which is the complete opposite of her channel.

She is going to make 3 videos on Patreon then will use another ridiculous excuse and disappear. If people criticise her in the comments section she will disappear for good.

Anne1448

VIP Member
The first vlogmas is everything I expected : 3 minutes of clips outside the house in slow motion and the rest (26 minutes) of her sitting in her flat talking.

How can you edit such a video and think that it is good to be published?!

Also, the clips of her sitting are 50% about her child. Why would you provide such information online to strangers?! If she was a doctor providing advice about children to other mothers I wouldn't mind. But she is providing personal information about her child online. She never did that about Indie, so why does she think that it is okay to do that is beyond me.

abelleza

Chatty Member
It is hypocritical to advertise products that are not in line with your values for money.

Especially when in the video, which contains the vegan product, she ate meat and dairy. It doesn't even require a lot of thought. It is pure common sense. Not only that but she owns tons of leather items.

How can she accept money for vegan products when she wears non-vegan products all the time and isn't even trying to be vegan?

I do not mind about her countless Farfetch ads because she buys luxury products but this one is hilarious. The person who called Jess and Zak "bums" in her comment section is quite right. They'd do anything for a quick buck.
It’s great that you don’t but many do. I eat meat but don’t but I am cruelty free when it’s comes to makeup. Just because I don’t believe makeup should be needlessly tested on animals, doesn’t mean I have to be a vegan and I eat free range, British and organic because that’s something I can do to ensure the animals don’t suffer unnecessary cruelty.
You can’t police other people’s lifestyles even if you want to and sorry but your beliefs are in the minority.

palmer

Chatty Member
Her views are abysmal. The average on her last 30 videos is 23K views per video. She's lucky she has a few longstanding sponsors (Bareminerals, Farfetch, Freepeople) who keep giving her jobs (for whatever reason). But she can't be making that much from this social media career, definitely not enough to support their extravagant lifestyle anyway.

Attachments

On A Roll

did jess say her mum's already sold the house? Does that mean it's going to be on right move?
not yet, it sounded like she has already bought the new house, is going to move into it, then sell the old house. I love her mums style so would love to see the photos when it goes live 😆

queenfeline

Jess making a Patreon is the antithesis of what she's about, which is complete lack of accountability. At least now when you dip out because you're overwhelmed from making content, it's just some mad comments and a thread on a site you don't have to read. Imagine when those people are paying money.

midsummer1

I wonder what her and Zak even talked about (before becoming 'coworkers' and parents), they both seem so muted/bland

• Haha

abelleza

Chatty Member
Ah yes she should get a night nanny to pair with the day nanny..that would fit jess’ aesthetic of paying someone else to do every task she is capable of doing on her own
I reckon she’ll ship Ines off to boarding school as soon as she can…with her mum paying of course!

• Haha

mushkala

Chatty Member
She just doesn't understand what hard work actually is and that normal people will still have to grind every single day regardless of whether they've had enough sleep, missed breakfast, are on their period, stayed up all night with the baby, had to take public transport an hour in etc. etc.

In theory, I don't think everyone should have to work but the fact that people like her are able to lounge around for days and then exploit hard working folk out of their money is just disgusting.
It's wild to me that both Zac and Jess are just both... bums. If one of them stopped working to care for their child, I wouldn't bat an eye. But seems like they're both just bums who exploit their naive audiences for money. Like, someone who dips in and out of her social media might not realize how inconsistent she is and pay for her patreon hoping for actual content.

Jess will never be poor, nor will Ines. Just in property alone, they are worth MILLIONS. And we only know of 3/4 within their immediate family. I'm 100% sure her mother/step father probably have a larger property portfolio that they have accumulated to diversity their wealth.

I also think she has a trust fund she has access too now and she gets a monthly stipend however its such a monthly stipend that I dont think she would ever actually spend that much money a month. The trust and any inheritance will surely be invested and reinvested too. Jess mother and FATHER (he's rich too, dont forget) have most likely been accumulating hundreds of thousands a year just from their investments.

Once your that level of rich where you have a salary of millions a year as a base and then diversified incomes, it will be very hard for them to go broke just because Jess decides she's not working. Jess may not be sensible but the financial advisors behind her parents and step dad clearly are guiding them in the right direction.

She most likely doesn't have any mortgage on that property and her mum probably doesn't mind living with her first grandchild! So many families are multi-generational, its really NOT that strange. You're all thinking as if she lives within such close quarters of her mother when in reality they all their own bloody floors in that LDN home. I bet they even have help.
I completely agree!! People on this level do not go broke. Her parents are educated people who have probably set up their daughters for life with investments, properties and trust funds. And honestly there is nothing wrong with that. If I had enough money to last me 10 lifetimes I would of course help my children and wouldn't let them owe money to a bank!

Another thing is that these people do not only have money. They have connections!!! And that is super important. I bet that anytime Jess wants to have a proper 9-5, high-paying job in publishing or media she would get it in an instant. No matter if there are other people with actual work experience who worked their ass off, in my experience knowing the right people will get you the job.

Gotta love Jess side-eyeing the accessibility of the Booker longlist (which is admittedly true - the constant videos are wearing), whilst hiding her own book discussions behind a paywall!

eelaii

VIP Member
You'd think her mother selling her house would inspire Jess to get a move on with hers but nope. She'll mooch off her rich parents for as long as possible.

puresoul

^same, she's totally ruined herself for me. I used to watch her old Vlogtober/Vlogmas series in the fall for nostalgia but now those aren't even enjoyable to me anymore. Maybe partly because I'm no longer at that college/uni stage in life but definitely also because I see that she was never relatable, and was always hiding part of her life intentionally.
honestly, i don't understand why she couldn't have come up with new video concepts. she wants to be a booktuber & occasionally post a vlog? that's fine, there's so many cool book video ideas, you don't have to only post your monthly reads & book hauls. & instead of creating discord threads/channels/whatever, maybe start replying to your youtube comments... it's not like she gets that many comments these days anyway, shouldn't be that hard to get back to people on youtube, ig, twitter, tiktok. but, i guess since there's no money involved with replying to these people, she can't be bothered. i'm probably repeating everything that has already been said here, but i've been away lol :D

could've filmed a cool vlog or two in the states, but nah

bibliologist

Your timeline is probably correct and it makes me so stressed. Ines will be in primary school when they move in.

• Haha

slugella

VIP Member
Guys,

I paid for jess's patreon like an idiot, thinking she would actually post more. I have since learned my lesson and unsubscribed lol because she has already started with the "I'm sorry I haven't been posting". She can't be serious

View attachment 1497656
Were there any comments in response? Obviously illness can't be helped but with her track record of being useless at uploading and replying it's hard to give her the benefit of the doubt. Someone else I subscribe to on patreon who is super consistent recently had covid so I wouldn't have expected her to post while ill and would have continued to support even if she took a few weeks off posting on there, but she actually had some pre prepared content that she had done before knowing she was sick that she was able to put out, as she clearly takes her job and the fact people are using their hard earned money to support her seriously.