Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
I was a bit surprised to see how happy she was to be back at her mom's house. I thought surely her and Zak would prefer being on their own with the baby in the flat (at it seemed like a pretty big and luxurious flat). Maybe she likes being at her mom's house so much because more people can look after the baby while she's napping or reading in bed? It made me wonder if she's mentally ready to move into their own house.

I genuinely love her but for the past few years she comes across as incredibly lazy. It seems like the only thing she cares about and can concentrate on is reading.
I really like her too. She’s lovely.

Baby may have been a happy accident who knows but I don’t really understand why she bought the house when she seems so happy at her mum’s. It might explain all the delays in fact I’d wager it’s at least a part of it, she seems to have no drive to move to the house. Her mum’s cancer may have felt quite destabilising.

She seems lazy but she could also just be crippled by anxiety or stuck in a loop where she feels bad about not being productive & gets sucked into thinking about that rather than being productive. It feels familiar to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

consumerism makes u free

Googled to try find her website and saw this:
Lol wait until the absolute idiot who wrote this learns about Twitter. Yeah gossip forums can really be awful sometimes but you know what makes them a little easier to bear? Not looking at them while you collect your insane paychecks for shilling a materialist bullshit lifestyle to young girls. Give me a break.

I guess what I find so especially annoying is that influencers obviously aspire to a certain level of celebrity. With that celebrity comes the expected problems of being a public figure, including the ugly or outright terrifying ones. It's a known risk - running the gamut from mild gossip to violent stalking. I would never say anyone, regardless of their interest in being a celebrity, deserves the ugliest end of that spectrum of possible results, but I cannot take seriously their complaints about being rampantly gossiped about and it touching other people and parts of their life. The doxxing is reprehensible but again it's a 100% known risk. When you made the choice to make celebrity your career, then you take on these amplified risks. These are rarely chicks of economic hardship with lack of opportunity who fall into influencing cuz what else or something. They make a conscious choice to be a celebrity over anything else.

Last edited:

Anne1448

VIP Member
The Rory analogy is quite good. As a viewer I expected her to move on from her uni life and start moving into her own apartment and share her adult life. However, all we had for the last few years is someone who is still living like a teenager.

I believe that one of the reasons why she is so defensive and refuse to interact with us on YouTube is due to the fact that she is not used to being held accountable. When you live with your friends then your mother, usually people are used to your behaviour and will simply ignore it. But strangers will quickly call you out.

milano

She needs to go to a social media consultant or something soon absolute jokes that she’s going to alienate her audience even more this way when we already consume soooo many of her ads that aren’t relevant to most of us under the guise of supporting her , it’s becoming so clear she doesn’t care anymore past the point of making money , I’ve watched her for almost 8 years and this could be the final straw for me

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
The people who are successful on Patreon/have happy patrons are the ones who were already prolific content creators and just have even MORE that they're excited to share with those paying subscribers. Jess isn't that type of person, and if she even sticks with it very long at all, it'll be subpar, uninspired content that people will quickly get tired of paying for.

lurker419

The fact that she removed the total patron pay display is just gross. it’s not a good look for her, hiding from the criticism if everyone saw how much of her audience’s hard earned money she’s putting in her pocket, or to furnish her million+ pound house that she’ll sell in a few years at hundreds of thousands of pounds in profit

palmer

Chatty Member
Not saying she needed it, because she was basically part time to start with, but could she just be taking a bit of a maternity leave? Most women in the UK take 9-12 months and I could see Jess justifying it to herself.
Her baby is over a year old. She has a nanny, a whole family at home to help look after the baby (her partner, mom, sister, and stepdad), and her and her partner both don't work "work from home". More likely, she just thought she needed to take a month off to celebrate her baby's birthday (which was on or around March 25). Wouldn't be surprised if it turned out they've been on a vacation abroad somewhere, but you're telling me you can't post a few pictures, talk to your followers, heck, film even ONE 10-min video in that time? It's even more mindboggling when you know that just a few months ago she was going on about how "things have not been great work wise" and it "needs to be a lot better now because they have a family and a house so the pressure is on". Yeah it's not great because you put in ZERO effort and you have no work ethic. Get a grip. I really can't imagine she's getting paid much at all for that Times column.

bad_wolf

so i've just caught up with the last five or so vlogs bc during the week ive been working 12-16 hr days in the xmas build up (u know like a real BUSY job) but at this point i honestly don't know whether to be concerned about her like genuinely? i've always clowned on her for just being lazy but this is getting kind of concerning. i get her baby is having sleeping issues which does not help but she legit is having breakdowns over buying of xmas presents??? she says it is bc she is also busy shooting but shooting what? we never see anything apart from the occasional bare minerals or FP ad. then cut to her having a breakdown over freaking presents. she has zac (who i get is working) and a nanny and SEEMINGLY bucketloads of time but this is sending her into a tailspin.

• Haha

sheleg

VIP Member
It’s disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

People can’t afford to heat their homes or feed their children.

Mooms

Chatty Member
Anyone else in any other job could just not have this attitude. To say she’ll never be able to upload regularly is strange, she does nothing! How does she think other mums juggle FULL time work? Now she has the excuse of the baby but she’s always been like this. I used to think she had a great work ethic but that really did just apply to studying and that was it it seems

Attachments

• Angry

kenyounot

Like…”let’s take some pictures” *posing*
“let’s go have dinner there”
*awkward silence*
*delivering baby*. The end.
“Zak do my washing”
“Zak fetch me a coffee”
“Zak bathe our spawn”
“Zak cook dinner for my family”
“Zak go to the house and help the contractors”
“Zak quit your job as a chef to be my full time Instagram boyfriend”

• Haha

hdavidthrow

I used to really like Jess but this Patreon thing and pretence that she needs any money is absolutely infuriating. It’s so jarring seeing people blindly donating to her and then in the next breath her being gifted Prada sunglasses that will just be hoarded and dropping hundreds on trousers at the drop of a hat
Completely agree. I’ve given her a pass this whole time because if you can be that rich and make some YouTube videos here and there, whatever. I find good books through her so I kept watching. This is so awful though, people are only going to participate in so many patreons so she is basically directly taking money from other creators. And her tiers are NOT cheap relatively speaking. Like $12/mo for zoom??? No way. I pay $5 for several other patreons where I get significantly more from people working significantly harder.

• Heart