Sunbeamsjess #2 we put the same effort into this title as she does her content

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's all relative isn't it. Jess can still feel stressed about her house situation, but it's not exactly what the majority of us would call stressful as she is still so lucky to have a whole floor at her mum's and everything else posters have said.

Her level of wealth makes everything easier as they have access to so much more help and security.

Reactions: 20
im wondering is she does decide to go back to do a PhD would her vlogs get popular again? if theyre reminiscent of her old uni vids?

Reactions: 3
im wondering is she does decide to go back to do a PhD would her vlogs get popular again? if theyre reminiscent of her old uni vids?
Don’t think so. Those vlogs were also successful, because viewers could relate and were leading a similar life, or were a little bit younger. Now, we’re all working and going our own career paths.

Reactions: 5
Even her master’s vlogs sucked imo..can’t imagine how phD vlogs would be any better. She peaked during bachelors in terms of her YouTube career

Reactions: 22
I feel like most PhD programs are so unstructured that she'd never get around to filming vlogs. A lot of influencers seem great at pumping out regular content when they're busy with other regularly scheduled stuff in undergrad, and then after they finish college they just completely drop off in content production even when they're saying it's their full-time job and they're passionate about it.

Reactions: 3
I remember back in the day there was a thread where people found and catalogued all Zoella's furniture and everyone was shocked by how expensive it all turned out to be.
I'd love to do this for Jess's fashion and interior purchases. Whether it's on this thread or a new dedicated one, I think it would be fun to see what it adds up to over time. I have a feeling it will be pretty clear evidence that she's richer than many of us fathom.
This is an interest check I suppose lol.
i honestly think this would blow our minds. pretty sure her new house is taking ages cos they're doing it up as a designer house just like her mum's.

Reactions: 9
i honestly think this would blow our minds. pretty sure her new house is taking ages cos they're doing it up as a designer house just like her mum's.
This and the fact they’ve done nothing to it. They got bounced back from their first planning application

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I think the reason their house is taking so long is that they're not actually prioritizing it. They didn't do anything with it before getting pregnant, then got pregnant during the pandemic when they couldn't really do anything with it, and then once they could do stuff with it, they tried once, got turned down for their proposed plans, and then didn't have any sense of urgency to try again.

Not that they can't afford it, but prices for architects and similar professionals can have quite the "sticker shock" for individuals. I work at a civil engineering company that typically bills labor at around $150-225 per hour (depending on the level of the professional doing the work), and so even one day of work revising plans to try to resubmit something that hadn't worked would be around $1500.

Reactions: 13
Honestly, I doubt it. I don't think she'll ever be as open as she was back in uni.
How open was she though ? all I remember from her last year of her bachelors VLOGS was some speed runs of her at the library and some chit chat here and there . I think maybe her travel vlogs would do well if she actually showed what she was doing and going to interesting places like before the India vlogs were my fav

Reactions: 9
"I had a pretty busy July. It was my birthday and then we went to Greece for a couple of months." That sentence alone sums up Jessie's privileged life perfectly.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 43
"I had a pretty busy July. It was my birthday and then we went to Greece for a couple of months." That sentence alone sums up Jessie's privileged life perfectly.
I thought the same; with a new baby too! Honestly doesn’t surprise me

Reactions: 1
Just finished watching her new video and she said that she wanted to buy clothes more purposefully. God bless her but we all know that it won't happen.

Since she started dating Zak she completely lost her own personal style to morph into his. Even in the video you can see her wearing baggy t-shirts and blazers that don't fit at all even though she said that she liked tailored pieces.

If someone asked me years ago what was her style I could easily describe it. But now? I would say whatever Zak is wearing.

Reactions: 18
She's vaguely hinted at some kind of mindful consumerism before but never actually does it. I'm sure she buys plenty that she doesn't show on camera, either, because it's not sponsored. If she were really out thrifting 5 pieces per year that she truly loved and treasured, wouldn't she make a movie about it? But no, all she shows are clothes from Farfetch and Free People sponsorships.

Reactions: 13
Something about her attitude is getting really unpleasant to watch. I think her personality is becoming obnoxious with time because she's getting older and is no longer mature for her age. She should have realised by now how vain, excessive and self-serving her behaviours are.
When she discloses so indifferently and casually that she bought a stack of books for no reason (she had already listened to them or read them digitally)... It depresses me somewhat. Also she says she wants to be more conscious about choosing the right items when adding to her wardrobe in the future, without mentioning that she could actually stop adding new clothes to her wardrobe. It's not even a question: she will continue to consume way more than the average person and is unapologetic. She never contemplates that she could actually CHANGE these behaviours, and it's totally within her power.
The way she talks and handles items in videos reminds me of a spoilt child going through a stack of gifts. Yes, she's 25 and has her own money, but our planet is shared. She is just dripping with STUFF and doesn't comprehend the gravity of it. Like if you have ever looked at a photo of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, you know what I mean - seeing her rapidly consume so much stuff is pretty sickening. For someone who reads so much environmental sci fi... there are no words. She is obviously someone who chooses books based on certain virtuous connotations.. Look at yourself FFS

• Heart
Reactions: 34
It depresses me somewhat. Also she says she wants to be more conscious about choosing the right items when adding to her wardrobe in the future, without mentioning that she could actually stop adding new clothes to her wardrobe. It's not even a question: she will continue to consume way more than the average person and is unapologetic. She never contemplates that she could actually CHANGE these behaviours, and it's totally within her power.
long time viewer of jess. not sure if anyone remembers her in uni, saying its more expensive to eat vegan than not as an excuse not to go plant based. same then and same now, she knows whats right to do but her actions wont follow through.

I can't see jess do any sort of mindful consumerism or anything along those lines, she began youtube more than 10 years ago (?) and its been huge expensive hauls after huge expensive hauls. the amount shes bought over the years probably amounts to more than the average joe can imagine. it's hard to undo that sort of behaviour she's cultivated over the years.

Reactions: 21
I think she's aware of a lot of social/environmental issues, but then she never actually does anything about it, which almost makes her worse to me than someone who just doesn't pay attention to those things and is blissfully unaware of reality. I don't think influencers should always be expected to comment on current events if they don't feel like they have an articulate, educated opinion on the matter, but Jess always throws in some line to make sure people know she knows that Black people are treated badly (in America, obviously, not really where she is, but in that horrible, dreadful America) but then continues to go on lavish vacations to countries where the average citizen and even the people working at her resorts probably live in poverty under a crappy government.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
When she made her apology video for going to the US someone commented something along the lines of "I have never seen someone read so many books yet learn so little.".

Jess is the perfect embodiment of someone who is apathetic. She knows damn well that what she is doing is wrong yet will go through with it anyway because she doesn't care.

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.