Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

palmer

Chatty Member
*me waiting for tattlers to give their opinion about the name knowing it's also my name* 😬👀

• Haha
Reactions: 55

kenyounot

“Hi my loves. Sorry my loves for taking a month-long break from posting my loves. My loves, I really needed that time to decide I’m going to take a 2 week break from posting my loves. I made Zak leave his career as a chef to be my editor but I just do not have the time to edit my loves. I hope this pic of me wearing unflattering denim carries you over until my next pic of me wearing unflattering flannel. Bye my loves.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

Mucha

Can't be too preoccupied with new baby if she has time to put on makeup and...well I don't know if that counts as an "outfit" but it's sort of clothing at least! :LOL:
Well, she does have a support network at her fingertips, but I don’t see why her spending a few moments on herself is a reflection of her devotion (or lack there of) to parenting. I’m not a parent myself, but seeing parents being criticized online for something like putting on makeup is a little crazy to me. Just my two cents 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 45

andreaoid

"I had a pretty busy July. It was my birthday and then we went to Greece for a couple of months." That sentence alone sums up Jessie's privileged life perfectly.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 43

Smca53

VIP Member
She posted on insta that she’s winding down. When exactly was she not wound down? How can she wind down any further?

• Haha
Reactions: 41

palmer

Chatty Member
This chick literally has 4 options of housing right now (all of which are almost equally extravagant):
- her mom's house in which she has an entire floor to herself
- her own house that's been sitting empty for years
- her mom's country estate in which she has an entire guest house to herself
- her rented flat which seems unnecessarily huge as well (even has a balcony?)

Imagine having this amount of privilege and still finding ways to complain that things are "difficult" and not getting anything done. Meanwhile there are people who don't have a roof at all, or have no choice but to share a studio/small room with several other family members, etc etc. In the era of Zoom work/school especially we've all been sensitized to just how difficult that can be. But not Jess I guess. Just utterly ridiculous.

I hope she doesn't raise her daughter to be as lazy and tone deaf as she is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 41

andreaoid

On an unrelated note: I wonder how it feels to be nursing a newborn in your childhood/teenage bed in the family home at age 27? Regardless of money, sometimes it's natural to just want to start your own household
Another example of what's ok and excusable when you're rich and absolutely frown upon if you're lower class. Actually, this is a classic classist example, really.

Reactions: 40

eilidhh

"heyyyy guys I can't be bothered to ever make actual content for you guys but here is some expensive shit I got for free, k thanks see you later"

• Haha
Reactions: 40

blondelolita

Chatty Member
I kind of like how she’s just casually transitioned into being a mum, not making a huge deal of it - like yes she’s wearing make up etc but she’s not made some long post saying things like oh look I’m so tired, motherhood is so hard blah blah but loooook I’ve managed to put make up on, feel more me... Like a lot of other influencers seem to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Smca53

VIP Member
not everyone wants to spend their 20s nursing hangovers and getting ghosted by losers on tinder (lol)
To be honest if that’s all you think a persons 20s are about then I feel really sad for you and I’m sorry you missed out on all that the 20s can offer in terms of growth and experience.

• Heart
  • Haha

elsa_1993

This may not be a super popular opinion here - but it makes me kinda sad to see so many women still seeing getting pregnant as the end of your life and career and goals and dreams. Did your mothers lives end when you were born? Was it all over for them?

While I never saw her as particularly maternal Jess is closer to 30 than she is 20.

Not everyone wants to have a baby in their late 30s. While it seemed a bit surprising at first the more I think about it the more it makes sense for her. She’s in a much better position than most to have a child, and she has always been family Oriented. She’s traveled extensively and she has a very impressive education. She is clearly well off and no fool. I think she’s in a pretty good place to have a baby.

not everyone wants to spend their 20s nursing hangovers and getting ghosted by losers on tinder (lol)

imo this isn’t the end of anything for Jess, I think she will just fine.

• Heart

Sunburnsjess

Also, I feel for her regarding their housing situation. Paying for a mortgage while not living in the house is expensive and an absolute headache. Especially with a child. It has to be more stressful for everyone.
Oh come on. Jess is in the top 0.01% in London (let alone the rest of the world) when it comes to wealth/socioeconomic status. I don’t think there’s any need for any of us to feel for her. She’s incredibly privileged to even be a homeowner in central London at the age of what? 24 (since it’s been a couple years since they bought the place)?! And to now be undertaking a very high spec renovation whilst able to choose between living in her mums luxurious London townhouse or massive country home 🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 38

midsummer1

I'm honestly SO confused by this. I suspect the real reason she wanted him with her was because of whatever possible anxiety/depression stuff she's got going on, but he's done NONE of this promised outfit filming for her. I guess there have been a few outdoor photoshoots for Instagram, but that's hardly a full-time job for him. I think he sometimes edits her content, too, but it's honestly pretty spoiled of her to have made him quit his job to do that for her if he was still interested in being a chef.
I used to share your view but this has been thoroughly rebuked by a video I saw today.
Zak acts as a valuable background prop, shoulder model, and stand to display her jewelery on.
Both practical and economical, Jess is aware of the multifunctional nature of a good boyfriend.
Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 1.56.32 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 1.56.10 pm.png

(Taken from this vlog lol youtube.com/watch?v=1kYHMp4_PmU&ab)

• Haha
Reactions: 37

midsummer1

And if anyone was wondering, she did her undergrad dissertation on A Brief History of Seven Killings and Caribbean literature in general. She was super secretive about her diss topic and said she wanted to 'keep it for herself'' (lol) but later revealed it in her bookshelf tour.
In general actually I've noticed Jess isn't a very generous person (with her time, with responding to followers, never does little giveaways for followers, is unnecessarily secretive about information, hoards her pr gifts rather than donating) and likes to 'keep things to herself' and be generally self-indulgent. Despite broadcasting that she reads world literature, she only really gives a damn about herself and her little family bubble.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

miagia

Given the writer of that article is all about protecting influencers, I think it's weird that she's shared Jessie's surname. I know you can seek it out if you try but I always think Jess goes to quite some length to keep it private.

Reactions: 36

Anne1448

VIP Member
Another example of what's ok and excusable when you're rich and absolutely frown upon if you're lower class. Actually, this is a classic classist example, really.
Jess is the definition of what is classy if you are rich but trashy when you are poor :

- Having a child at 27 in your parents home while working part-time after uni ✔
- buying expensive clothes after expensive clothes instead of using the money to improve your living conditions (her house) ✔
- asking your partner to quit his full-time job to work part-time because you want to spend more time with him ✔
- living off your parents income well into your mid-twenties instead of earning it yourself to maintain your lifestyle ✔

sitkx

VIP Member
I have such severe cognitive dissonance when I see the cost of goods she’s constantly buying, all whilst talking about books about social and economical disparities and the struggles of other people. Make it make sense

sitkx

VIP Member
At the expense of potentially sounding delusional and bitter, how HARD can it be to record some shite and patch it all together in iMovie? is it REALLY that hard? With two people? All while living in a 3+ Story mansion house in the middle of London? While being 100% unemployed? And having never worked a day in your life? Is it really that hard lmfao

• Haha
Reactions: 35

getawaywithit

VIP Member
I’m not against these kinds of forums being scrutinized, (and I do think there is some bad behaviour), but it’s rarely ever done well and I think it’s irresponsible to pick and choose certain comments to create a narrative that was clearly already pre-decided. People had long discussions here about Jess being pregnant in the broader context of her ’image’, aka the intimate personality that she sells to all of us. We have, through HER choice, born witness to her life and education and career trajectory. Motherhood was another element of that. But the article makes it seem as though it’s just malevolent and disturbed that anyone would then start discussing her and motherhood. What, are we all supposed to weep and start knitting onesies? I also think the cancer treatments reference was out of line, I can’t remember anyone alluding to something of the sort— but maybe if you put in context that Jess is rich, grown, and still living with her mom so as not to pay rent, that might explain why others were referencing her mother. But literally the only comments I remember around that topic were ones justifying Jess’ pregnancy because her mom was sick.

Jess and others have actively and purposefully sold an image to her viewers and willingly publicized her private life... viewers therefore invest in this kind of brand and continually respond to it. Why would it only ever be positive responses? That makes no sense. If you literally film yourself in bed and running baths and walking around your mom’s house in PJs and you detail your life plans to your audience— then that boundary has already been blurred if not taken away. What’s more, you invite an audience to consume you as media... and audiences always have critical responses.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34