Sunbeamsjess #2 we put the same effort into this title as she does her content

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if it was his decision to quit. I did see the vlog where she mentioned him quitting and remember her mentioning how she never saw him as he was always working, but I didn't get the impression she had orchestrated it, though tbf it was ages ago and can't remember everything she said. I can't imagine him quitting just because she wanted him to, even if she did want him to at the end of the day it was his decision to I suppose.

I mean he has quit uni before, and then his ladbible job, so maybe he just wasn't feeling the chef job either? They could have decided it was better for them money wise too, a lot of couples seem to be doing this on YT/insta, something to do with being able to reduce their amount of tax?

Whatever the reason, there is no reason he needed to quit to work for her, people who manage their insta/YT solo put out way more/better quality content.

Reactions: 4
I’m sure the house was 100% funded by her parents, either directly or through her own trust fund (which I guess is “her” money, but really her parents’ money)

Reactions: 10
Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if it was his decision to quit. I did see the vlog where she mentioned him quitting and remember her mentioning how she never saw him as he was always working, but I didn't get the impression she had orchestrated it, though tbf it was ages ago and can't remember everything she said. I can't imagine him quitting just because she wanted him to, even if she did want him to at the end of the day it was his decision to I suppose.

I mean he has quit uni before, and then his ladbible job, so maybe he just wasn't feeling the chef job either? They could have decided it was better for them money wise too, a lot of couples seem to be doing this on YT/insta, something to do with being able to reduce their amount of tax?

Whatever the reason, there is no reason he needed to quit to work for her, people who manage their insta/YT solo put out way more/better quality content.
Nahh, strong disagree. That's not what she said in the vlog at all. In the vlog she actually made it clear that it was more her who was struggling with working by herself rather than him wanting to join. She was talking about how Zak had a few months off during summer between two jobs (he was moving from one restaurant to another) and so he had been working with her for those few months, and then when he went back to working at the new restaurant she couldn't deal with being by herself again, so she asked him if he'd come back and work with her full time. These are the exact words she used in the vlog:

"I particularly struggled because I think it's really hard once you go from being one person working by yourself basically, to then having someone helping you and then going back to the one woman show. I was like, how did I ever do this? No wonder I got so much less done, like, I really need help. I'm not in a position at the moment where I could have kind of hired someone because obviously we've got the house and the renovation and stuff and that's quite a big responsibility obviously. ... so I invited him, slash begged him to come back and join me and team up with me and basically just work together with me on the business at the moment.
I think he enjoys it as well, although he really enjoys being a chef and it's something that I definitely think he will go back to. For the moment it just made the most sense what with the house and everything, it just, for us at the moment makes sense to team up and work together on this, on these big projects that we've got going on and all that kind of stuff. So yeah he's gonna be around a lot more and I honestly couldn't be happier, I'm just loving it, it's great to have someone help me out with stuff and also bounce ideas off of, and I'm much more creative when I can kind of talk to him and also obviously for it to be Zak it's just ideal for me. but yeah, it's not the end of being a chef for Zak he's a wonderful chef."

This was the vlog in question at around 16:20: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BXqTsOj--Y

Funny how she was trying to justify it by saying that they had the house renos to work on together and all these "big projects." And now, 2 years later, there's literally been zero progress on that. I think she just couldn't deal with the loneliness, point blank.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Nahh, strong disagree. That's not what she said in the vlog at all. In the vlog she actually made it clear that it was more her who was struggling with working by herself more than him wanting to join. She was talking about how Zak had a few months off during summer between two jobs (he was moving from one restaurant to another) and so he had been working with her for those few months, and then when he went back to working at the new restaurant she couldn't deal with being by herself again, so she asked him if he'd come back and work with her full time. These are the exact words she used in the vlog:

"I particularly struggled because I think it's really hard once you go from being one person working by yourself basically, to then having someone helping you and then going back to the one woman show. I was like, how did I ever do this? No wonder I got so much less done, like, I really need help. I'm not in a position at the moment where I could have kind of hired someone because obviously we've got the house and the renovation and stuff and that's quite a big responsibility obviously. ... so I invited him, slash begged him to come back and join me and team up with me and basically just work together with me on the business at the moment.
I think he enjoys it as well, although he really enjoys being a chef and it's something that I definitely think he will go back to. For the moment it just made the most sense what with the house and everything, it just, for us at the moment makes sense to team up and work together on this, on these big projects that we've got going on and all that kind of stuff. So yeah he's gonna be around a lot more and I honestly couldn't be happier, I'm just loving it, it's great to have someone help me out with stuff and also bounce ideas off of, and I'm much more creative when I can kind of talk to him and also obviously for it to be Zak it's just ideal for me. but yeah, it's not the end of being a chef for Zak he's a wonderful chef."

This was the vlog in question at around 16:20: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BXqTsOj--Y

Funny how she was trying to justify it by saying that they had the house renos to work on together and all these "big projects." And now, 2 years later, there's literally been zero progress on that. I think she just couldn't deal with the loneliness, point blank.
Thank you so much for finding this! I was the one that originally mentioned it and then someone asked where to find the vlog but I couldn’t remember where it was. You’re a gem.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Nahh, strong disagree. That's not what she said in the vlog at all. In the vlog she actually made it clear that it was more her who was struggling with working by herself more than him wanting to join. She was talking about how Zak had a few months off during summer between two jobs (he was moving from one restaurant to another) and so he had been working with her for those few months, and then when he went back to working at the new restaurant she couldn't deal with being by herself again, so she asked him if he'd come back and work with her full time. These are the exact words she used in the vlog:

Omggg I'm actually so shocked at that! I mustn't have seen that vlog/don't remember that anyway. I really didn't think Jess was like that. Can't be good for your relationship either, I can't imagine making my partner quit a job so he could be with me 24/7..

Reactions: 12
Omggg I'm actually so shocked at that! I mustn't have seen that vlog/don't remember that anyway. I really didn't think Jess was like that. Can't be good for your relationship either, I can't imagine making my partner quit a job so he could be with me 24/7..
yeah and the sheer irony of her claiming she "couldn't afford to hire someone": 1) no one is buying this, literally no one; 2) if you can't afford to pay someone else then what are you paying your bf??!
She most def could've afforded to hire an assistant, even if part time (she probably wouldn't need more than a couple of days of assistance per week). She just wanted her bf to be with her all day long. That's it. As we know now though, 2 years later, his working with her has not changed anything. She's not put out any more content. If anything, it's only gone downhill.

Reactions: 14

This was what I remembered, too! She might have been a bit tongue-in-cheek in saying she "begged him to quit" but she gave a strong impression that she wanted him to quit a lot more than he wanted to quit.

Reactions: 5
I'm honestly SO confused by this. I suspect the real reason she wanted him with her was because of whatever possible anxiety/depression stuff she's got going on, but he's done NONE of this promised outfit filming for her. I guess there have been a few outdoor photoshoots for Instagram, but that's hardly a full-time job for him. I think he sometimes edits her content, too, but it's honestly pretty spoiled of her to have made him quit his job to do that for her if he was still interested in being a chef.
I used to share your view but this has been thoroughly rebuked by a video I saw today.
Zak acts as a valuable background prop, shoulder model, and stand to display her jewelery on.
Both practical and economical, Jess is aware of the multifunctional nature of a good boyfriend.
Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 1.56.32 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 1.56.10 pm.png

(Taken from this vlog lol youtube.com/watch?v=1kYHMp4_PmU&ab)

• Haha
Reactions: 37
This was what I remembered, too! She might have been a bit tongue-in-cheek in saying she "begged him to quit" but she gave a strong impression that she wanted him to quit a lot more than he wanted to quit.
This is exactly what I talked about last month. Her work ethics is absolutely questionable.

If Zak comes from a less prestigious/ less wealthy background than Jess, the poor man must have feel pressured to quit. Considering the fact that he lives in her mother's house, travels around the world thanks to Jess's money and was able to become a house owner thanks to her family. He couldn't say no without creating problems in their relationship but also with his mother-in-law. Imagine the tension at home coming back from work. It could have been unbearable.

I strongly believe that the lack of 'good' content comes from the fact that Jess has nothing going on in her life. As an artist / content creator inspiration comes from what you experience and what you see. However she is constantly at the gym, the spa or at home. There is nothing driving her.

^ Yes.

The way she repeatedly brings up the house, renovation and money in the vid @palmer linked makes me quite sure that she was doing it all the time at home.
“For the moment it just made the most sense, what with the house and everything, it just for us at the moment makes sense to team up and work together on this.”
I'm not in a position at the moment where I could have kind of hired someone because obviously we've got the house and the renovation and stuff and that's quite a big responsibility obviously”

So I wonder how much she pays him? Is it the average wage for the job (which she said she can't afford)? How much of it is “informal compensation” like gifts? Is the compensation getting to live in her mum’s house - something he previously got for free, but will now lose unless he works for Jess? How was the wage negotiated? Is there a written agreement? Can he ask for a raise?

I suppose there's the fact that he’s not really an employee at all, and this arrangement is essentially a formalisation of their emotionally codependent relationship that had been going on for YEARS beforehand.

I made a comment here earlier wondering wtf Zak is doing since she doesn’t even do lookbooks anymore. Her explanation actually kind of answered it lol.
“He came and helped me out a lot more, basically. Not just with pictures and stuff, but with everything.”
“Everything” = sitting around doing duolingo together in her teenage bedroom, cooking dinner for her, driving her to the gym. On Mondays, the two of them doing their planning and bullet journalling together - in her words, to “decide what WE are doing for the week.” (Can you imagine syncing up your whole diary with your partner??)

They probably have other people working for them in the house, but Zak does many menial tasks for them, enabling Jess to loaf into eternity on her fainting couch or wherever. If this were a book and I were writing a review on it in Jess’ style, I would call this dynamic “problematic” to say the least. It's interesting that she has no awareness of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Im also wondering: does anyone know if she still meets friends?
Because i got a feeling she doesnt see any Friends Since shes back in london so that might be a factor Why zak quit his Job to spend More Time with her.

Im also wondering: does anyone know if she still meets friends?
Because i got a feeling she doesnt see any Friends Since shes back in london so that might be a factor Why zak quit his Job to spend More Time with her.
Before covid she seemed to meet her uni friends now and again for a weekend. But I guess with them all living in different parts of the country, and that the others all probably have proper full time jobs means it's harder for everyone to get together.

Reactions: 6
Before covid she seemed to meet her uni friends now and again for a weekend. But I guess with them all living in different parts of the country, and that the others all probably have proper full time jobs means it's harder for everyone to get together.
And the fact she now has a baby! I imagine over the summer they’ll all go out to the farm like they normally do

Reactions: 1
Didn't she say Zak has a job now? Sorry if this has been discussed but I swear she said in a recent vlog he has a job now.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Didn't she say Zak has a job now? Sorry if this has been discussed but I swear she said in a recent vlog he has a job now.
Not that I recall but I very well could be wrong! ☺

Reactions: 2
I honestly don't fault him for deciding to stay home with her since she and her family can clearly afford it. It sounded like they appreciated having him around for stuff like driving Indie and mom to appointments/school, and cooking. It's certainly an easier gig than most chef jobs, and clearly he and Jess are pretty committed to their relationship if they've decided to have a baby together. I just feel like it wasn't *really* his decision, and he was interested in pursuing chef jobs even if they are low-paid and stressful, but also felt too bad leaving anxious, depressed Jess alone all the time (in a house with her other family members???)

Reactions: 6
I just finished watching her latest video and I whole heartedly agree with protecting her child's privacy. Some parents have been showing their kids online and exploiting them for money without thinking about what people are doing with their kids images. Also, the fact that any stranger can talk to their children publicly because they know so much about them.

Also, I feel for her regarding their housing situation. Paying for a mortgage while not living in the house is expensive and an absolute headache. Especially with a child. It has to be more stressful for everyone.

Reactions: 3
Also, I feel for her regarding their housing situation. Paying for a mortgage while not living in the house is expensive and an absolute headache. Especially with a child. It has to be more stressful for everyone.
They could have easily got the house in liveable condition and moved in before Ines was born. It's entirely their own fault that they decided to spend thousands on crazy renovations that need an architect and planning permission straight away.

Reactions: 26
They could have easily got the house in liveable condition and moved in before Ines was born. It's entirely their own fault that they decided to spend thousands on crazy renovations that need an architect and planning permission straight away.
Even before the pandemic they messed about for ages!!

Reactions: 15
And that’s assuming they even have a mortgage. And if they do, she can definitely afford it without worrying. I also don’t think it’s exactly a hardship to be building up equity in her fancy London house, whether she’s living in it or not!

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.