Sunbeamsjess #2 we put the same effort into this title as she does her content

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I

I don’t know how the poster is in the legal field (if that’s what she meant) & doesn’t know this. Equity partners in law firms make multiples of a lot of CEOs.
I wasn't saying that I'm an expert - I'm just an apprentice and was genuinely curious to hear from you all.
The comments that have been posted have been interesting. I wasn't aware that Jess's mum was a Magic Circle equity partner. That is definitely on another level.
To be honest I have several friends with parents in the same positions, earning the same amount, and whether you are 'set for life' definitely depends on whether you have invested in property etc. It's not such an insane sum that it can't be frittered away if you know what I mean.

Anyway, her career is certainly inspiring, especially as she had Jess relatively young and then did it all again with Indie.
Most inspiring of all is that her family is quite lovely and genuine. I don't know how she did it. It's a little scary how so many parents (educated, wealthy, nice & normal) have kids who have never picked up a book in their lives, have superiority complexes and don't care about other people. Jess voted Labour and I respect her for that.

Reactions: 9
I'm watching her vlog now and couldn't help but laugh at the bit where she's like "got things on today, let me check my diary, so i'm having a complimentary massage, need to organise a wardrobe and go for a walk". 😂

Obvs nothing wrong with her spending the day doing that, but when she mentioned grabbing her diary I was not expecting that to be what she said haha.

Her chat about sharing the baby is interesting, I like how she is considering it properly and really thinking about whether she wants to share and is honest about how her mind is changing all the time. It was particularly refreshing to hear her talk about how she's protective of sharing Ines' personality which I think is so important. Some of the anecdotes that some influencers share about their kids, I'm like thank god I don't have hundreds of thousands of my parents' followers knowing all about me from being a baby when I couldn't consent to it.

I hope if she does decide not to she doesn't just feature her for ads - she's already done one on insta which I do think is a bit odd if she's not sure where she stands on sharing, but I do appreciate as she has said she keeps changing her mind and she's finding her feet so I guess it's fair enough, though would be weird if she does decide she's against sharing but still uses her for ads.

She seems really happy and chilled which is nice to see, I do really like her. Moaning about the house was a bit eek though. I know she acknowledged she is lucky to have it and to be able to stay with her mum, and I know that doesn't mean she isn't allowed to be annoyed but I was a bit like :rolleyes: maybe you should read the room on how life is for so many rn and just moan to friends and family privately about being irritated about it taking ages.

Sorry for the double post, I'm still watching the vlog it's a long one! She's at the new house and said she's changing one of the bedrooms to a dressing room, but it can be changed back when they leave. Surprised to hear her talking about leaving, I assumed it would be a long term home for them as they are doing so much renovations on it - has she mentioned anything about this before that I've missed?

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
She’s probably one of those people who thrive from being busy/hard work and she probably loves her job. Hats off to her. I’m a lawyer too and she’s very inspiring!

Also thanks @jjeett I think I found him lol. My curiosity is satisfied. I’m assuming they met at work
I’m a lawyer and I hated private practice. All the pressure to bill etc. I’m not massively ambitious though & more focused on my personal life. It’s not for everyone.

Reactions: 3
I'm watching her vlog now and couldn't help but laugh at the bit where she's like "got things on today, let me check my diary, so i'm having a complimentary massage, need to organise a wardrobe and go for a walk". 😂

Obvs nothing wrong with her spending the day doing that, but when she mentioned grabbing her diary I was not expecting that to be what she said haha.

Her chat about sharing the baby is interesting, I like how she is considering it properly and really thinking about whether she wants to share and is honest about how her mind is changing all the time. It was particularly refreshing to hear her talk about how she's protective of sharing Ines' personality which I think is so important. Some of the anecdotes that some influencers share about their kids, I'm like thank god I don't have hundreds of thousands of my parents' followers knowing all about me from being a baby when I couldn't consent to it.

I hope if she does decide not to she doesn't just feature her for ads - she's already done one on insta which I do think is a bit odd if she's not sure where she stands on sharing, but I do appreciate as she has said she keeps changing her mind and she's finding her feet so I guess it's fair enough, though would be weird if she does decide she's against sharing but still uses her for ads.

She seems really happy and chilled which is nice to see, I do really like her. Moaning about the house was a bit eek though. I know she acknowledged she is lucky to have it and to be able to stay with her mum, and I know that doesn't mean she isn't allowed to be annoyed but I was a bit like :rolleyes: maybe you should read the room on how life is for so many rn and just moan to friends and family privately about being irritated about it taking ages.

Sorry for the double post, I'm still watching the vlog it's a long one! She's at the new house and said she's changing one of the bedrooms to a dressing room, but it can be changed back when they leave. Surprised to hear her talking about leaving, I assumed it would be a long term home for them as they are doing so much renovations on it - has she mentioned anything about this before that I've missed?
her writing “organize wardrobe, take a walk” in her diary is peak unemployed rich girl

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I also have the impression she’s 100% set for life. I can imagine that jess earns a lot from being an influencer but i find it hard to imagine she’s earning so much that she could afford to buy and renovate that entire house without financial support from her parents (or maybe I’m underestimating how much influencers actually earn?)
Not to mention zak is also living in their family home without a job it seems, so he’s been set up for life too

Reactions: 5
I also have the impression she’s 100% set for life. I can imagine that jess earns a lot from being an influencer but i find it hard to imagine she’s earning so much that she could afford to buy and renovate that entire house without financial support from her parents (or maybe I’m underestimating how much influencers actually earn?)
Not to mention zak is also living in their family home without a job it seems, so he’s been set up for life too
Zak got SO lucky, he's a pretty average guy. He's obviously nice and good to Jess. But I bet he never expected his life would turn out like this.

Reactions: 22
Zak got SO lucky, he's a pretty average guy. He's obviously nice and good to Jess. But I bet he never expected his life would turn out like this.
Thing is, at one point it looked like he was getting pretty successful as a chef…. But oh no, work for Jess….

Reactions: 4
Thing is, at one point it looked like he was getting pretty successful as a chef…. But oh no, work for Jess….
Being a chef can be really a real strain though, it depends on where you work obviously but my partner was working as a chef before the Covid stuff hit and I barely saw him he worked such long hours. It doesn't surprise me too much that he stopped working in a kitchen. I was more surprised he stopped the ladbible stuff way before

Being a chef can be really a real strain though, it depends on where you work obviously but my partner was working as a chef before the Covid stuff hit and I barely saw him he worked such long hours. It doesn't surprise me too much that he stopped working in a kitchen. I was more surprised he stopped the ladbible stuff way before
Same. I guess if work with Jess doesn't last if she eventually does something else or he wants a change he would probably be able to get a job or freelance in that sort of thing

Reactions: 1
I don’t think it was necessarily him that wanted to stop working as a chef. The way Jess told the story, it sounded like she was bored at night sitting in the house herself so made him quit so that he would be at home with her.

Reactions: 15
I could see them working together to write a decent cookbook? You know the sort with essays scattered throughout?

I don’t think it was necessarily him that wanted to stop working as a chef. The way Jess told the story, it sounded like she was bored at night sitting in the house herself so made him quit so that he would be at home with her.
That is so weird. Does anyone remember in which vlog or era this happened?
I wonder how you put that on your resume 😂 It seems a little selfish to me because she could afford an assistant, and her mum could afford a nanny for Indie etc. It's basically implicit that Zak is worth less? And they don't seem to care about the non-monetary impacts for him (lack of self-actualization and career development, being siloed from his own family etc).

I wonder if Zak has a 50% share in their home. What do you think? If so, he's set to have a comfortable standard of living even if he walked away tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I wonder if Zak has a 50% share in their home. What do you think? If so, he's set to have a comfortable standard of living even if he walked away tomorrow.
Considering Jess’ parents, who are lawyers, probably contributed quite a lot, I doubt half the house will be his. I’m sure they’ve got that covered legally.

Reactions: 6
Considering Jess’ parents, who are lawyers, probably contributed quite a lot, I doubt half the house will be his. I’m sure they’ve got that covered legally.
Who do you think contributed more, Jess or her parents? Maybe the parents bought it and Jess is funding renovations?
And does anyone think Zak put in some money too? I honestly wonder how that worked.

Sorry for the double post - I'm sick and watching her old vlogs - but she and Zak are so codependent? I never noticed it before because I wasn't a regular viewer. All she does all day is read, watch movies and have beauty appointments. Then the 'task' of the day is attending a pilates class (which Zak drives her to and from), or accompanying Zak to an eye test!! What!

They make a huge deal about travelling and spending multiple days to do photoshoots for her IG. Sorry but she only has 150k and gets 10-50 comments per post. Why does it take so much effort?

Sorry for the double post - I'm sick and watching her old vlogs - but she and Zak are so codependent? I never noticed it before because I wasn't a regular viewer. All she does all day is read, watch movies and have beauty appointments. Then the 'task' of the day is attending a pilates class (which Zak drives her to and from), or accompanying Zak to an eye test!! What!

They make a huge deal about travelling and spending multiple days to do photoshoots for her IG. Sorry but she only has 150k and gets 10-50 comments per post. Why does it take so much effort?

I am asking myself the same question.

At first I thought that she may be struggling to adjust like any job. However after a year she should have some organisation or system in place. Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing less content as long as it is better or with real information in it.

Who do you think contributed more, Jess or her parents? Maybe the parents bought it and Jess is funding renovations?
And does anyone think Zak put in some money too? I honestly wonder how that worked.
She has such an expensive house, in an expensive part of London and with a very big renovation going on, I doubt Jess can afford that and I think her parents will have paid for most of it. The renovation alone seems like a huge project in itself.

Here in the Netherlands there are many tax benefits to buying (or helping to buy) property for children under 40. And Jess’ mum is a Tax lawyer. I wonder if similar options are available in the UK.

Reactions: 3
She seems to put a proportionally huge amount of her time and energy into book reviews. Probably only a few thousand people read them. That's not to discourage her - it's very worthy. But from her vlogs, you'd think they'd be incredibly in-depth and worth publishing in a literary magazine. She writes pages of notes on each book.

I had a read of some today and... where does it all go? They're all about 250-300wds and exceptionally brief in style and substance. Very casual and capable of being written off the top of one's head.
Almost half of each review is dedicated to recapping the plot. Then, if a book is 'problematic' in any way, she'll spend about a third of the review describing how it's misogynistic/racist/fatphobic etc (without ever breaking this down in proper depth imo). Then a few sentences saying whether she liked or didn't like the book.

Until I discovered this today, her vlogs had given me the impression that she was creating a niche for herself as a Master's grad who wrote high-level English lit content. Maybe in this way she would feel she was putting her education to use. On the other hand it's good that she never fell into the studytuber/book trap like Jack Edwards.
But she's obviously still shifted away from style and beauty content. Sadly, gone are the years of atmospheric lookbooks. (What Zak now contributes is a mystery.)
The low-effort book rambles are not a good replacement, Jess! If they were, I could film my friends' conversations over weekend coffee, upload them to youtube and basically take your job!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
(What Zak now contributes is a mystery.)
I'm honestly SO confused by this. I suspect the real reason she wanted him with her was because of whatever possible anxiety/depression stuff she's got going on, but he's done NONE of this promised outfit filming for her. I guess there have been a few outdoor photoshoots for Instagram, but that's hardly a full-time job for him. I think he sometimes edits her content, too, but it's honestly pretty spoiled of her to have made him quit his job to do that for her if he was still interested in being a chef.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.