Succession - HBO

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems strange that a Billions and Succession crossover hasn't happened. Both big New York businesses and this weeks succession mentioned the DA's office.

It seems strange that a Billions and Succession crossover hasn't happened. Both big New York businesses and this weeks succession mentioned the DA's office.
Imo it’s a completely different tone in each series. I can’t see how a cross over would work

Reactions: 4
I enjoyed episode 4 season 3 watched it today. The scenes with Logan and Kendall meeting had real emotional depth for once. And the scene with Greg and Logan was funny, the actor who’s plays Greg is so good. Apart from Greg I really feel like the rest of the family deserve to burn in hell, so vile, but then that’s true to who most of the mega rich are like. I do hope Tom goes to jail, his scene with Greg this episode was particularly creepy.

The scene with Logan and Greg was soooo good!! Greg wiping the drink mark with his hand, him skulling his drink, asking for a rum and coke! Ahh just so good. He’s a fantastic actor and that scene brings some light relief from the heaviness of the show.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Finding this season a bit of a chore. Maybe I'd built it up too much. However, this episode I really enjoyed the Tom/Greg scene. I think Tom's gonna flip and turn informant. Also like seeing both Logan and Greg getting screwed over at the end. Oh and Shiv finding out that everyone can see through her and her token position at the company. Fancy getting owned by Connor 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I am enjoying this season but we can't keep going round in this cycle of Kendall being number one boy to chief dad backstabber to number one boy all over again.

Logan obvs thinks they're all crap and Kendall is the only one with a cats chance in hell of taking over but Logan can't control him.

I suspect one of them needs to be out of the picture for good for this to go anywhere, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a big death at the end of this season.

Old "Sturdy Birdy" Greg seemed to have all the best scenes last night. Being afeared of being set upon by Logan's "goons and roughjacks"! He was woefully out of his depth with Logan, chugging the rum and coke (should have given him a to-go/sippycup) and then the poor guy was loomed over by Papa Lazarou Tomlette, grooming Greg to be the second Mrs Wambsgans

We could be so happy, just me castrate you!

20211109_134300.jpg

Also poor impotent (in most spheres of his life) Tom, about to lose his old punchbag. All that was missing from that scene were some handy water bottles to recreate the Z-list panic room, he had to make do with pushing over the coat stand. The thought of prison toilet wine probably would have sent me over the edge, too.

Oh ALSO the cheery voice of Logan welcoming Greg into his den - it sent ice water through me - You'd rather he was telling you duck off!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I know what you mean. Last night was the first time I thought - where can this go? None of them are up for the job and then what?!

Reactions: 2
Does that make Kendal Charles? No one trusts to inherit? 😂

...And "Wokehontas". Brilliant.
Omg!
Kendal is Charles - inept
Shiv is Anne - daddy’s favourite
Roman is Edward - the forgotten one
Connor is Andrew - keeping young women’s company

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Omg!
Kendal is Charles - inept
Shiv is Anne - daddy’s favourite
Roman is Edward - the forgotten one
Connor is Andrew - keeping young women’s company
Or Roman is Andrew the pervy creep
And Conor is Edward the forgotten one who’s unwilling to follow in the family business with a failed attempt at working in show business.

The similarities to the royal family did cross my mind, but then the Getty family springs to mind too, I suppose it’s an amalgamation of all of those sort of mega rich vile dysfunctional families.

I think Tom may well turn informant to escape jail, he’s such a snivelling little creep I can’t see him doing anything else, plus he knows Shiv doesn’t really love him anyway.

Last edited:
Or Roman is Andrew the pervy creep
And Conor is Edward the forgotten one who’s unwilling to follow in the family business with a failed attempt at working in show business.

The similarities to the royal family did cross my mind, but then the Getty family springs to mind too, I suppose it’s an amalgamation of all of those sort of mega rich vile dysfunctional families.

I think Tom may well turn informant to escape jail, he’s such a snivelling little creep I can’t see him doing anything else, plus he knows Shiv doesn’t really love him anyway.
I want to see more of Tom’s backstory. I’m not sure if I’ve missed it but, did he work at the company before Shiv and that’s how they got together. I think Matthew plays the role perfectly.

Reactions: 8
I want to see more of Tom’s backstory. I’m not sure if I’ve missed it but, did he work at the company before Shiv and that’s how they got together. I think Matthew plays the role perfectly.
Me too.
I’m interested in Connors too, didn’t Roman make some pleasant comment about his mum being in the ‘nuthouse’ or something?
I wonder if Logan put her there?…

Reactions: 6
Me too. I’m m interested in Connors too, didn’t Roman make some pleasant comment about his mum being in the ‘nuthouse’ or something?
I wonder if Logan put her there?…
Yes he did. I think it was the first time we seen Connor get angry too. Then later on Logan was consoling Connor about his mum. My theory was she died young, potentially suicide and was probably the one Logan loved the most. No idea though 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Yes he did. I think it was the first time we seen Connor get angry too. Then later on Logan was consoling Connor about his mum. My theory was she died young, potentially suicide and was probably the one Logan loved the most. No idea though 🤷🏼‍♀️
Oh is she dead? I missed that bit.

Roman gets ALL the best lines - or maybe Kieran Culkin just has amazing delivery!
'Don't threaten me Gerri. I don't have time to jerk off'

Brilliant.

Tom and Greg are my favourites but Roman is absolutely fabulous. There really isn't a bad character in this. I hate them all equally though 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
"I'd castrate and marry you in a heartbeat" was my line of the week - I find the relationship between Tom and Greg absolutely fascinating, I think Matthew McFadyen is outstanding in the role, we're 3 seasons in and I'm still shocked by how good he is sometimes, I don't think it's an easy role to play at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
"I'd castrate and marry you in a heartbeat" was my line of the week - I find the relationship between Tom and Greg absolutely fascinating, I think Matthew McFadyen is outstanding in the role, we're 3 seasons in and I'm still shocked by how good he is sometimes, I don't think it's an easy role to play at all.

I think he’s amazing in this! My main area of fascination is what sort of a name ‘ Wambsgans’ is. It’s like someone just hit a load of random keys on the keyboard 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.