Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Oh, also, Sarah Snook was incredible this season. Her reactions were just superb.
she was outstanding! that entire final scene where you can see her slowly piece things together and her face at the end when she obviously realised it was tom 👏🏻👏🏻

imo shiv, in a lot of ways, was the master of her own downfall; she has a hugely elevated sense of her business smarts (trying to take on gerri? really?) and her treatment of tom came back to bite her in the end. i know he’s probably a bit of a gold-digger who wanted in with the family but i also believe that he genuinely loved and cared for her. their “dirty talk” last episode and then her speech at the wedding - you could see that was the final knife in his heart. his loyalty to her is gone now. matthew macfadyen is amazing at portraying all the sadness under tom’s bravado 👌🏻

Reactions: 24
Things I'm still thinking about:
- Shiv having to accept that no amount of pinstripe can disguise that she's a woman in a man's world. Her pregnancy. Her and Tom's origin story. (Handwritten letters? France??) Her fall down the steps after the CEO announcement. Excruciating episode for her.
Indeed. Last night’s episode really highlighted how peripheral women are to the ‘serious’ end of proceedings: Willa is essentially ‘Pretty Woman’ writ large, Kerry is the trash that gets taken out the back door, Marcia’s presence was a surprise as many characters/viewers assumed she’d been dumped for good, Conor’s mum was long-since asylum-ed out of view like a character in a Victorian melodrama, Harriet Walter (can’t remember her character name - Lady Caroline?) is barely ever mentioned (aside from Shiv saying last week that she’d have rather she died than Logan), Gerri has been undermined by the dick pic, and Shiv was elbowed aside quite decisively, and that’s even before her pregnancy is common knowledge.

It’s not an especially welcoming realm for women.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

LaBlonde

VIP Member
🤣🤣🤣

i have to say though, i dislike greg more and more with every episode. i get his character is there for a reason but he’s been so slimey this series so far. though also i get he’s probably meant to represent the slow corruption of this lifestyle and these people, when you compare him to his season 1 self.

Reactions: 21

LaBlonde

VIP Member
That episode has ruined me, I can’t stop thinking about it!

I’m estranged from my mum so I think it hit me in the gut because one day she will die and I’ll have this exact situation.
i’m going to be thinking about it all day. like you said in your post above, i almost felt like i was in shock watching it.

sarah snook was incredible this ep (i mean she always is but still). the scene with her on the phone with her shaking hands and stumbling over her words was amazing in how it was the almost adrenaline rush of that situation where you have too much to say, too much to take in, and you can’t cope with any of it.

and roman being worried if logan had checked his voicemail :(

i hope this means we never see kerry again tbh.

also two tweets that got me this morning for very different reasons:

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I don’t even know where to start…. Fuck. That was so powerful. SPOILERS AHEAD

what really hit me was how true to life it is… one minute you’re talking and the next minute you can be dead. How the show showed the death made it so much more powerful. I feel like I’m in shock myself even though it’s only a tv show.
it also so perfectly showed what the time directly after the death of a family member is like - and that he was alone, on a plane, away from family, was somehow so fitting.

my heart broke for connor. i was just like: someone go and get connor! someone tell connor! always forgotten about :( and then “he never even liked me”. and when they did tell him he hugged them all individually :( he is the best father figure they ever had and they treat him so poorly.

one of the best episodes of tv i think i have ever seen. god damn.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Walkthehemline

Great episode on Monday HOWEVER whoever is head of Shivs wardrobe needs to rethink.
Not so much this season but last season she looked awful. She’s the daughter of a billionaire FGS !
Nothing in Succession happens by accident! The costume team know what they're doing. Last season she wore a lot of the 'wrong' things but I think this was representative of the fact she was losing her confidence and wasn't certain of her place in the family business, which meant her identity was shaken too. She didn't know how to dress and looked as uncomfortable as she felt inside.

Reactions: 19

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
I don't know if any of you have seen The Big Short, I love it and have watched it so many times. Other than the overly handwringing ending, it's a great perspective on the financial crash of 2008 along with Margin Call.

Jeremy Strong plays Vinnie (Ryan Gosling's character answers the phone to him "Hello, is that America's angriest hedge fund?")

All hail the acting because whereas Ken gives me the absolute ick with is insecure neediness, Vinnie is SUPER attractive.

ezgif-7-3cd5b7881e75.gif

Obviously I just wanted an excuse to share Vinnie's big dick energy 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 19

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Tom is my favourite.

He is a slimy, snobby, arse licker who has shown he has a ruthless streak. He is also very funny.

For the record I think he genuinely loves Shiv.

Reactions: 18

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I'm going to throw in a bit of Kendal love here. I think he's played brilliantly by Jeremy Strong. He tries so hard but is just a really pathetic, sad character who just wants to please his father.

Reactions: 18