Styled By Susie and Susie Hasler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think Susie reads this? She always says she doesnt read the comment section of anything about her or these sorts of things but if it was me I wouldn't be able to help it.

Long time lurker here. I discovered Susie last year when I was going through a rough time. I found her very refreshing and she gave me a lot of confidence to try new things. I had an analysis and was pleased with it until I found that I was becoming obsessed with it and wouldn't wear things that I liked to wear - I have stopped that now and am not as rigid with it. The final straw was last week when hourglasses were told not to wear capri length active wear - I'm sure I'm not the only one that couldn't care less what they look like when they are working out! Im there to sweat no make a fashion statement! I had to unfollow Susie and the other stylists during lockdown as I found their stern instruction of "get up and get dressed everyday" very upsetting, I was in the grips of a depressive episode and just getting out of bed was incredibly difficult most days let alone dressing up to go absolutely nowhere! I'm sure it was done from the right place but for someone that say she also suffers with her mental health, there was no acknowledgement of this. I cannot put my finger on it but over the past few months Susie has changed, I dont know if she has lost herself along the way but she isnt the same and that's really sad. It also concerns me that there is no mention of ethical fashion and make up, I hate fast fashion and testing on animals. I do have a lot of time for Emily, she is so funny and very down to earth. Its also great that she is a larger size as they need more plus sized representation. Regarding this forum there are no nasty or personal comments. You cannot stop people having an opinion on you when you put yourself out there. If it does upset you, dont read them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
big sister posted it in the main sisterhood group early this morning
thought it might have been I only went to have a look cos I’m nosy

Long time lurker here. I discovered Susie last year when I was going through a rough time. I found her very refreshing and she gave me a lot of confidence to try new things. I had an analysis and was pleased with it until I found that I was becoming obsessed with it and wouldn't wear things that I liked to wear - I have stopped that now and am not as rigid with it. The final straw was last week when hourglasses were told not to wear capri length active wear - I'm sure I'm not the only one that couldn't care less what they look like when they are working out! Im there to sweat no make a fashion statement! I had to unfollow Susie and the other stylists during lockdown as I found their stern instruction of "get up and get dressed everyday" very upsetting, I was in the grips of a depressive episode and just getting out of bed was incredibly difficult most days let alone dressing up to go absolutely nowhere! I'm sure it was done from the right place but for someone that say she also suffers with her mental health, there was no acknowledgement of this. I cannot put my finger on it but over the past few months Susie has changed, I dont know if she has lost herself along the way but she isnt the same and that's really sad. It also concerns me that there is no mention of ethical fashion and make up, I hate fast fashion and testing on animals. I do have a lot of time for Emily, she is so funny and very down to earth. Its also great that she is a larger size as they need more plus sized representation. Regarding this forum there are no nasty or personal comments. You cannot stop people having an opinion on you when you put yourself out there. If it does upset you, dont read them.
im Glad u said this I only have Capri length sports stuff for the one time a year I may use it 😂 also the dress with the tiny belt that was recommended for us hourglasses I tried it on and looked 4 months pregnant all eyes went to my tummy

Reactions: 1
thought it might have been I only went to have a look cos I’m nosy

im Glad u said this I only have Capri length sports stuff for the one time a year I may use it 😂 also the dress with the tiny belt that was recommended for us hourglasses I tried it on and looked 4 months pregnant all eyes went to my tummy
Thank god im not the only one 🤣

I’m an hourglass and always wear Capri leggings for exercise as full length ones make my arse look like a gigantic lollipop on a stick but Capri length balances it out. I was confused by that advice too.

I do have a lot of time for Emily, she is so funny and very down to earth. Its also great that she is a larger size as they need more plus sized representation. Regarding this forum there are no nasty or personal comments. You cannot stop people having an opinion on you when you put yourself out there. If it does upset you, dont read them.
I think I like Emily best too! She seems the most relatable and I actually quite like most of what she wears.
A few people have mentioned about the crazy strict censorship in the FB group - it drives me mad too, I understand the aim for a positive atmosphere but come on, within reason surely! Take today - was looking earlier and saw various outfits that I genuinely did not think suited the wearer the best, just certain elements - not that I mean they were ugly! But of course the comments are filled with robot-like responses of “you look great” 🙄 and it genuinely feels like a cult of clones!

Reactions: 4
Emily seems like the kind of girl you could have a proper chat to, and a wine with and you'd be best mates by the end of the night, maybe Sarah too, she seems kind (like actually kind, not 'be kind' kind).

Reactions: 6
I remember posting once about an outfit it was a skirt and top combo and wanted advice on shoes, one lady commented saying wear the loafers and a smile on your face and you are good to go (I wasn't smiling in the pic) and they pulled her up on being mean to me as she messaged me to apologise. I didnt once take it as a criticism just a go and be happy you look good kind of comment but they made her feel really bad and that she had been mean. That's the sort of censorship I dont like and I had posted the photo to get advice (both good and bad) if we are only ever told good things how are we ever meant to grow and learn!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I got an analysis at the beginning of lockdown. It came back as a summer hourglass. Now i am short and fat - if i breathe in you can see my hips. Im not sure what i was expecting but the whole thing seemed generic. There was a capsule wardrobe section the choices were very blah and didnt give stockists of the items shown.

I was told to look at soft pinks - i bought a wrap dress and actually felt amazing in it, my ten year old said i looked very pretty which is high praise indeed. Comment after comment about how the colour didnt suit on the other hand i posted with a dress i felt awful in, looked massive and got told i looked great.🤔 absolutely no consistency.

I think for they money it could be a more personalised service.

Tho i did buy a pair of chunky white trainers and i love them not giving them up 🤣

Reactions: 3
I think I like Emily best too! She seems the most relatable and I actually quite like most of what she wears.
A few people have mentioned about the crazy strict censorship in the FB group - it drives me mad too, I understand the aim for a positive atmosphere but come on, within reason surely! Take today - was looking earlier and saw various outfits that I genuinely did not think suited the wearer the best, just certain elements - not that I mean they were ugly! But of course the comments are filled with robot-like responses of “you look great” 🙄 and it genuinely feels like a cult of clones!
It worries me when you see outfits that really dont suit and people saying they look nice. If it was me I would want honesty. You can be honest and kind at the same time. Style is very personal but she has created a tribe of women who all dress the same. Ive got so much time for Emily - shes relatable and so funny. Also Sarah, she was so lovely during my analysis, I love her style - she always looks awesome!

Reactions: 2
I don’t mind Emily, but her posts in Facebook groups recommending SBS services is underhand and should be tagged #ad or something. Sarah‘S clothing style isn’t what I like (bit quirky unlike me) but it suits her. as an individual, Sarah seems approachable. a good stylist doesn’t clone people, so with all the great feedback, I had confidence in the service when I purchased it. Misplaced confidence.

😂😂😂😂 I've been kicked out the group!

I've never even posted so no idea why, must be desperately combing through members maybe?

Reactions: 2
I was analysed a while ago and directed a few friends the way of SBS. While I'm sure my colours are right, I'm coming to the conclusion that my shape is wrong. And I also think some of my friends have had their shape and/or season analysed incorrectly.
The change in group rules has made the incorrect analysis of people more obvious as previously outfits of the day type posts were directed to threads for a specific bodyshape. Now it's more open (in that respect) it's blindingly obvious that some people have been analysed incorrectly. I feel sorry for them as they don't realise.
Hiring customers as stylists is backfiring. Some of them are just not very knowledgeable about fashion. And they don't follow their own advice most of the time! (it would help if they explained what 'rules' they were breaking and how they offset that)
It's a real problem that there is nowhere for people to give feedback if they're unhappy with the service. There absolutely needs to be an overhaul in that area. Complaints need to be listened to and rectified. Not just shut down and blaming the customer! I'm disappointed and sad that people with legitimate complaints/feedback are being treated so badly.

Someone on the MN thread said they’d culled 1500 members. I’m not sure how they know the figure though unless it was said in the group. I wonder how they’ve selected the ones to be for the chop.
I saw that too and had a look through the fb group to see if there was any mention but none that I can see. Interested to know how the poster on MN knows, and why they had a member cull?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.