Styled By Susie and Susie Hasler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would someone start a thread for Susie Hasler at Styled By Susie? https://www.instagram.com/styled.by.susie/

She has a business which claims to empower women with a styling service.

Dodgy practices including promoting fast fashion, working with the daily mail, made up stories in the media, Won't accept criticism and instagram commenting is turned off.

Reactions: 6
Just had a look at her instagram. After some of her usual overgrown toddler outfits, there is a post with newspaper article clippings about how to shop for fast fashion responsibly. :confused:

Reactions: 1
I actually hate that she claims to empower women but then has "rules" to "flatter" e.g here's how to look more appealing.

Load of tosh.

Reactions: 5
I wouldn't say that any of her styling services flatter anybody. Her sense of style is shocking :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Our Susie is now offering a online bra fitting service for £25 a pop :sneaky:. The advert for this service is on the FB group with a picture of the bra fitter who is wearing a bra that does not fit!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Aha the stylists who have questionable personal style . Such a formulaic way of styling people , it’s a good idea and there’s a gap in the market for a cheaper styling service but I know more stylish people kicking about in real life .

I’m a big believer in wear what the duck you want I can’t bear people telling others what to wear and the whole colour analysis thing annoys me too 😂

I was wondering when someone would start a thread on Susie.

My biggest issue is her blatant lack of congruence...claiming to empower women whilst paying some PR rep to promote stories in the Daily Mail, heavily moderating comments and views in her Facebook cult group and promoting fast fashion whilst pretending she’s all about sustainability. All total bullshit.

She appears to be incapable of taking any kind of criticism whatsoever, even if it’s friendly and constructive.

• Heart
Agree with everything that’s been said here. This new bra fitting service really takes the biscuit! What’s she going to think of next?! It feels like she’s just trying to rinse as much money as she can out of her ‘tribe’ instead of pointing them towards a perfectly good, FREE online option for bra fitting that already exists. I think she’s gone from wanting to make women feel good to wanting to line her own pockets at any cost to be honest. Not to mention the Facebook group which is monitored to within an inch of its life for any criticism or anything slightly negative.

Perhaps this sudden scrabble to offer new services is a reaction to the pandemic? It doesn’t seem well thought through.

I agree with the fast fashion comment. It’s ludacris for her to claim she advocates sustainability - you only have to be on the Facebook group ten minutes to see that it’s fast fashion and over consumption at its finest.

• Heart
Also agree with all these comments. The formula they use is to style people (and I use that term lightly) is unreal. It is basically tuck a slogan t-shirt in, pop some chunky trainers or ghastly sandals on, stick a clashing kaz band on your head and grab some plastic supermarket earrings.

And as for Susie herself, just look at the state of her in these pics.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I think she looks fine albeit a bit cringeworthy especially as she doesn't have a defined look or sense of style so it comes across as 'dress up' and not effortlessly cool. She's laughing all the way to the bank, wish she'd just be a bit more transparent. Treating the business like a vanity project and personalising criticism is deeply unprofessional but her followers lap it up, like they lap up being snapped at and shut down by their leader. Poor sods.

Her style is really erratic. I’m all for each to their own when it comes to dressing, but I actually think Susie is clueless when it comes to her own style. She seems to settle into a bit of a groove and then go completely off course. It’s embarrassing.

She dresses ok she would defo pass for dressing nice and makes the most of her looks ...but she’s hardly pushing the boundaries of fashion any , she comes across like someone who was boring and frumpy as hell and has discovered all the clothes and wants to wear them all at once .

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She doesn't look amazing. She looks fine but I wouldn't say stylish or someone I would want to style me. That's just the tip of all the issues though!

• Heart
When I see her outfits, it just makes me think that are so many better ways to dress her. She could do with a stylist herself. And she sure does promote a lot on her instagram for someone who claims to not use affiliates or advertise!

what's her history ? Did she study fashion ? Did she work in the industry before " styled by susie " ?
Or did she wake up one day and decide this was her calling & did a few course's at college ?
I never see any credentials to her being a qualified stylist other than she may have got bought a Trinny and Suzanne book one christmas .
Body shapes and colour charts are really a old fashioned concept these days.

Reactions: 3
I don't think she has had any proper training. I doubt she has even got a Trinny and Susannah book, if she did she might have learnt how to buy clothes that actually fit her and suit her body shape for a start. Today's outfit is the sort of thing that people wore to the gym back in the 90's but without a leopard print kaz band and hoop earrings. Yet, she went to a restaurant looking like that??!!

Reactions: 2
She apparently has some sort of fashion qualification from some unheard of ‘institution’.

My personal favourite was when she went to NY fashion week. She couldn’t have been more out of place if she tried.

• Haha
That's so funny! Wonder what on earth she wore! Hopefully not that hat which makes her forehead look massive.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.