Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fathead

VIP Member
“I’m sorry if you think I gave bad advice”
Is the “hustle” ladies response to one of the Instagram comments . I’m pretty sure that is textbook gaslighting language .
I’m sorry you think I should be sorry .

• Wow
Reactions: 12

Choco88

VIP Member
If she wanted to make money why didn’t she start using affiliate links? A paid app is a terrible idea! I don’t even pay for Netflix I use my brothers login 😂😂

• Haha

Legs 11

Unless she shares screenshots of the vile comments then I’m sorry I don’t believe her and she’s saying to get the sympathy vote.

Lahne

The silly thing is that if she’d just read the criticism on Mumsnet and here and addressed it by making a few small changes to her business (asking for honest feedback, asking people to contact her if they felt part of their analysis was wrong and being transparent in agreeing that they’d made a mistake and then rectified it, allowing more constructive criticism on the group but still no unkindness) then everyone would have respected her for it, appreciated the changes and it would have blown over really quickly. This is a ridiculous knee jerk reaction. At no point has any of the criticism been taken on board or addressed, all she has done is shut it down in any way she can. And that has alienated even more of her customers.

mysecretself

Chatty Member
Wow so many new members...I’ve only just caught up after a day out with th fam lam.
I can’t believe the passive aggressive replies from her admin In the FB group...(. I’m not in the old FB group as I was one of the ones that was ‘accidently removed’ ... BS!!!) ..... I cannot believe that the admin are so ill informed to be still stirring the pot over there. The main hustle lady sounds like she might get sacked soon lol.

The new group will no doubt have some spies froM SBS herself though as she will not want to let it go. I think this is such a badly thought out move for her business and it was/is purely about control. Sadly she has lost control completely now as the new group have loads of members questioning and loads of new stylists muscling in on new business. It’s a dog eat world out there! Susie will be fuming as she’s literally just handed over all her Prospective clients over on a plate.

Last edited:

Swipe Up!

VIP Member
I’m not in the new group but im
assuming they are using her advice and jargon and all that comes with an analysis she’s right to be pissed about it unless the group is completely unrelated which it isn’t , it will be the same people who don’t know what to wear twittering on about what shape they are . I couldn’t give two fucks and I think her business model is toast just pointing that out. Anyway it’s her own fault .
I suggest you take a look at the group. There’s lots of advice from stylists not associated with SBS, a skin care & make up artist. An admin is putting together outfit ideas for certain shapes.
They’ve put a post out explaining they don’t want anyone slating the SBS service etc.
Overall I think they’ve done a good job without undermining the SBS business. If people want to privately share the PDFs, that’s their prerogative.

I don’t think she’ll own it and instead will turn it around that she is the victim and how grateful she is to those who have stuck by her . There will be a few be kinds and a mention about charity , then later she’ll share a few supportive messages .

I started following Susie about a year or so ago and joined the FB group because I was thinking of treating myself to an analysis. Initially I found her style and attitude really refreshing and thought her mantra of kindness and empowerment was something worth supporting. Then she started getting articles published on Mail online - a platform which, to my mind, represents the exact opposite of what she was supposedly trying to promote. I noticed that a few brave souls called her out on it on her Instagram, nobody was unkind but they just pointed out that someone who is all about empowerment and supporting women may want to think carefully before writing for a publication which routinely objectifies women and promotes the complete opposite of an inclusive and progressive society. Her response was a series of stories which essentially said "why do people think it's ok to tear women down. take your negativity elsewhere as I'm not interested in what you think. "

Anyone who dares to hold her accountable is accused of being a bully or a troll but I think if you spend so much of your time preaching about acceptance and kindness you have to be prepared to defend your decisions to publish articles on platforms which are anything but. Painting yourself as a martyr who works tirelessly for women and therefore doesn't have to answer to anyone' and doesn't even understand why anyone might even want to say something that isn't 100% supportive is absolutely not my idea of an inspirational role model. It's disingenuous and absolutely not someone I would want to give my money to.

I also found it quite sad to see so many women in the FB group were far from empowered but were actually virtually paralysed by their analysis and the rules it set out for them and for them the FB community was clearly so helpful which was great but I began to notice that over time it became almost too positive with people who clearly didn't look amazing being told they were, which helps nobody in the long run. And now I know it's because the page was being moderated to within an inch of it's life.

The new move to patreon comes as no surprise as Susie is so desperate to control the narrative to keep her business on track. Keep the positive glowing voices and eliminate the negative and she can continue to believe her own hype under the guise of protecting her followers. Will it be a success? Probably, in the short term as she does have a very loyal following, but whether it will continue to grow given the restrictions a subscription service places on word of mouth business remains to be seen.

Does my bum look 40. FB group.
Thanks! 👍🏼

Kat Farmer - her Insta name is Does My Bum Look 40 (DMBL40) x
Thank you! 👍🏼

Reactions: 11

Tuckshopstavern

Glad to have found this thread. Have left a review on trust piolet myself tonight. I cannot believe the attitude of Suzie and her cult. Wish I had never spent money on my analysis. Feel like a complete mug if I'm honest. I'm usually one to believe if it's too good to be true, it generally is and I should have gone with my gut.

The attitude in that group stinks. I cannot believe how they are using the be kind movement as some kind of shield against genuine, and perfectly acceptable, customer disapointment.

I've always felt the tone was off/patronising, and while I was initially please with my analysis, my husband (of all people) quickly pointed out how vauge it was (he actually referred to it like a style horoscope).

The whole posting videos and statements anytime someone has a different opinion and chiming on about 'haters' is utterly pathetic.

I'd like to say that people will eventually see what the company is like, but I doubt it. I'm sure many of her cult will flock to trust pilot to throw 5 stars at her because they somehow think she's saintly. It's bizzare.

To find out too that she's literally employing people based on the Instagram... People who are giving advise about huge hair changes... Crazy.

• Angry
  • Wow

BettyKez

Her son's name is in the comments on one of her insta posts from a couple of years ago, I just stumbled across it because I was looking back at her style and how it had changed, if you look back to even last year it was pretty decent but now it's really erratic!!

Sorry to jump in, long time lurker who is extremely pissed off with this whole thing!! Not at the group shutting, I couldn't care less but at making women with an opinion out to be trouble makers and bullies..........it's what men in power have done for years, to have a woman who cries "be kind" and "support other women" makes me shake with anger!!

Leascarle

VIP Member
My concern is even if I'm in the right can't she sue me and I have to hire someone legal and spend my own time and money (that I can't afford either) and get stressed over something total bulls*it.

She's disgusts me with all the bull she says and does things like this behind people's backs out of public eye. She's a terrible person and woman.
If she ever tried it I’d start a whip round to support you every step of the way

Swipe Up!

VIP Member
The line that keeps getting peddled “we needed a place to keep members safe”. That’s bollocks. They needed a place to tightly control what people see and say while charging for it.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Someone on FB said that they’ve done this to stop trolling but in doing so they’ve thrown the baby out with the bathwater.
I tend to agree.
Susie is reminding me of Meghan Markle - in their minds any criticism is classed as bullying.

Curlygirl28

I had an analysis 3 years ago, when it was just Susie. For me, it was great and really informative. I have also
been in her group and while not a regular poster, I enjoyed seeing the posts and particularly the three ways to wear. I think for me, to just say everyone looks great in their dungarees and headbands Is just flawed, I would never be unkind to a poster but telling someone they look great, when the outfit really doesn’t suit them isn’t doinG any favours. i don’t like how any criticism of her is labelled as bullying, or being unkind. At the end of the day, they are taking money for a service and people should be able to provide feedback on it. A business stands or falls on how it treats its customers and I feel like this is going to be massively detrimental to her business.

• Heart

RumNCoke

Chatty Member
I missed the announcement yesterday but only saw her reply today and I'm fuming I haven't found this thread before!

I bought an analysis whilst on maternity leave with my 2nd (so ultra low self confidence, wobbly weight and poor mental health). I thought from all the reviews it would be life changing - waited about 2 weeks to be sent a fuckin pdf and an email beginning with "wow babe! You are stunning!" like... I'm no fool. I'm not stunning in any way shape or form. I found it so condescending and poorly written - like something you'd comment on an Instagram post "stun hun xx". Not to mention the analysis taught me nothing other than I definitely DON'T want to be dressing like the thousands in the "tribe" - chunky trainers, earrings, lipstick.

Gawk.

• Wow

GiraffeGiraffe

Didn't they try to claim that Facebook maintenance was the cause of a load of members being chucked out of the group the other week?! What absolute lies!

• Haha