Styled By Susie #3 Silence by Susie, Patreon fail, she'll write it all up in the Daily Mail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think body shape is overrated and don't know why these stylists get people so hung up on it. There is no one size fits all approach to personal styling. We know seasons are a spectrum, so why would we think that body shapes would all fit neatly into these little boxes with labels? Someone could look pear in one photo and hourglass in another, which could explain why SBS said one thing. I don't even know which I am - my shoulders and hips are the same size and I have a smallish waist, but I'm not curvy as I'm a size 10, and my widest point is below my hips so I look bottom heavy. Am I a pear or hourglass? Does it even matter? I emphasise my waist and try not to emphasise my thighs. It's not rocket science. Sometimes I think these women are so desperate for someone to give them "the answer", and then they get hung up on it and feel even worse when "the rules" don't always work. I'd like to see a move in the new group away from these labels, and more towards people just feeling able to post and ask opinions, and learning through trial and error what suits them or not, and growing in confidence.
Styling for my body shape really does matter. It’s great that youre a size 10 and fairly in proportion. Not everyone is and my shape in particular can be really problematic and look like a bag of potatoes if not styled correctly.

It’s obvious to me what my shape is, but from the many posts (on FB for example) it’s not obvious to everyone what their shape is and what looks best. So, yeah, personally I think it’s important.

Reactions: 4
Styling for my body shape really does matter. It’s great that youre a size 10 and fairly in proportion. Not everyone is and my shape in particular can be really problematic and look like a bag of potatoes if not styled correctly.

It’s obvious to me what my shape is, but from the many posts (on FB for example) it’s not obvious to everyone what their shape is and what looks best. So, yeah, personally I think it’s important.
Ah sorry for seeming to dismiss it, I don't think it isn't important at all, I just don't think it is the be all and end all. Obviously if you want to flatter you need to think about your body shape, but I don't like the labels given. I think knowing your proportions and best lengths is better than just putting yourself into a box with other people who have different bodies to you. Also there are some stylists out there who advocate dressing for your face (e.g. if you have an angular face you can pull off more severe styles, if you are much more girlish you can wear more "pretty" things). After all, people look at your face more than your body. So that's what I mean, body shape is important but too simplistic on its own the way it's talked about by SBS, it's so much more than that as well.

Reactions: 5
Interesting post on MN from someone who says they messaged SBS as potential customer asking some questions for clarity. Instead of them responding to the points in the email they shut the person and advised they would contact the police if they were to contact them again!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Interesting post on MN from someone who says they messaged SBS as potential customer asking some questions for clarity. Instead of them responding to the points in the email they shut the person and advised they would contact the police if they were to contact them again!!
Why would you do this to a potential client 🙈 she’s like the frank spencer of the business world 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I actually laughed at this. Because it’s just so ridiculous to react in this way!! madness.

• Heart
Did you feed that back about the lipsticks? An inclusive brand, which hers claims to be, should have suggestions for all skin tones...
I didn’t, I should have though! It was at that point I realised that it wasn’t personalised for me and I went back to not bothering with make up/clothes 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I'm a bit hmmm over the MNer's post if I'm honest, having read it. I think it's fine to ask questions, (I feel like confronting her myself in a comment on IG so its public) but not under the guise of being a potential customer. If you're questioning someone' so business that much, would you really be considering spending money on it? Genuinely?

Reactions: 9
I'm a bit hmmm over the MNer's post if I'm honest, having read it. I think it's fine to ask questions, (I feel like confronting her myself in a comment on IG so its public) but not under the guise of being a potential customer. If you're questioning someone' so business that much, would you really be considering spending money on it? Genuinely?
It does sound like it may have been overly confrontational, which I don't think is something you'd expect from someone who was still considering becoming a customer.

• Heart
I had a look back at the thread and she said when she found the thread a few days ago it was because SBS had been recommended so maybe she was interested in getting something done but before commiting wanted to know if anything was or had been changed? I guess some people may be more wary now. I wouldn't personally want anything to do with a company with bad feedback like it has at the moment though and doubt I would message a company either. Maybe she is a huge TOMM fan and believes her when she recommends her 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I haven’t seen the mumsnet post but surely they must’ve asked more than a few questions to warrant a threat of police?! If not then Susie must surely be losing her marbles if she is treating potential customers as trolls!

Reactions: 1
I always tell my clients if you love something wear it because it makes you feel great and thats what dressing is all about.
Agree with you and thank you for your input and reassurance but SBS has put me off the whole wear what makes you feel great as that seemed to be code in the group for it not looking good, but we were not allowed to say that because honesty wasn't kind...

In case you haven’t seen it, this is what the lady said about contacting SBS:

7CE7408D-07A7-46F0-936C-CB7291B380B2.jpeg

Then she was asked what she asked SBS about:

91FF15AF-8DCF-4F26-A30F-4CCC14DD4E49.jpeg

Reactions: 2
Honestly I think Susie is a crap stylist and not as experienced as she makes out but part of me thinks people are taking things a bit far in terms of what they were expecting from a cheap styling session from a woman who wears a boy George hat and acting all wounded when it wasn’t great . She’s been an arse sending out legal letters but why are people harassing her and emailing her questions now? , if you don’t want the styling service don’t buy it . Im getting embarrassed for people now .

Reactions: 8
Can admin contact me please? I think my emails may be going to Junk mail and I can’t message through here for some reason.
Hi Fairykitty,
I see you’ve deleted posts on MN so I fear you are one of the chosen ones who has had a letter. I hope you are ok.
Admin won’t see your message here, but if you scroll down the forums, you’ll see a section called “Forum Business”. There is a thread on there for people to contact Admin.
HTH xx

Reactions: 10
Honestly I think Susie is a crap stylist and not as experienced as she makes out but part of me thinks people are taking things a bit far in terms of what they were expecting from a cheap styling session from a woman who wears a boy George hat and acting all wounded when it wasn’t great . She’s been an arse sending out legal letters but why are people harassing her and emailing her questions now? , if you don’t want the styling service don’t buy it . Im getting embarrassed for people now .
The MNer who emailed questions aside, who has been harassing her? Do you know her?

I think the MNer who emailed her was a bit goady. I want SBS to pull their socks up, but I don’t want SBS to be attacked/harassed. It would be hypocritical to slate SBS for their legal letter approach and then condone email attacks

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think the MNer who emailed her was a bit goady. I want SBS to pull their socks up, but I don’t want SBS to be attacked/harassed. It would be hypocritical to slate SBS for their legal letter approach and then condone email attacks
I agree, i think it was a real crappy thing to email her just to get a raise. It totally discredits everyones grievances.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Whilst I agree with you, sending a business an email to ask how they are going to correct wrongdoings going forwards, isn't an attack. Nor is it comparable to making legal threats against people who have done nothing to warrant it. There are women over there who genuinely believe they will be served an injunction, imagine how frightened you'd have to be to believe that. It will provoke some people who don't like the injustice.

Reactions: 7
I agree, i think it was a real crappy thing to email her just to get a raise. It totally discredits everyones grievances.
Exactly people can think the woman is an idiot and don’t use her services but deliberately emailing her to get a reaction and insert yourself into it all is bizarre , I think people will vote with their feet
exactly makes everyone seem like vindictive trolls rather than customers with an actual grievance .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.