Styled By Susie #3 Silence by Susie, Patreon fail, she'll write it all up in the Daily Mail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha I had just convinced myself MHS had somehow blocked me but realised I was searching for media hustle school not main hustle school 🤦🏼‍♀️ I think my name search is more relevant. What does main hustle school even mean?!
I've been blocked by her for some reason 🤷🏼‍♀️ no idea why I've never commented on anything

Reactions: 1
Maybe she is blocking people who watch her stories? She doesn’t have many followers so would be easy for her to spot people she doesn’t know or spot those that don’t follow her.

Reactions: 1
I’m blocked by her too. I watched 1 story ages ago. Surely having a public business Instagram is all about getting people to engage with your page and watch your stories?

Reactions: 4
I’m blocked by her too. I watched 1 story ages ago. Surely having a public business Instagram is all about getting people to engage with your page and watch your stories?
She could be blocking potential clients (although that garish wall would put you right off)

Reactions: 3
She loves a bit of alliteration......Styled by Susie......Sued by Susie.... Silenced by Susie....

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've not had a legal letter, I used my full name on trust pilot and was blocked from the FB group for pointing out the 'trolls' on here and Mumsnet were lies, as well as how the new Patreon and Discord thing was a bad business idea.
Don't know whether to be relieved or offended! I would get stuck right in at defending myself and others if I were to get one!

There's a new post on the Facebook group and a few people saying they have been re-analysed and told different things. It really puts me off the whole industry tbh... who is right?! Such a shame because most women seem to go for it when they are in a rut for whatever reason so are in a vulnerable place 😢

Reactions: 8
There's a new post on the Facebook group and a few people saying they have been re-analysed and told different things. It really puts me off the whole industry tbh... who is right?! Such a shame because most women seem to go for it when they are in a rut for whatever reason so are in a vulnerable place 😢
This is my problem with it now too. I don't doubt that there are genuinely nice stylists out there and one's who really do want to help, but so many people seem to be saying something different. I've seen hourglasses who are clearly pears, and pears who are hourglasses etc. And in terms of measurements, people seem to go on different things. I've been told hourglass includes shoulder measurements and then I've been told they don't, and you only go by bust. Now if the former is true, I'm an hourglass, if not, I am definately not a pear! So frustrating and as much as Joy is getting good reviews I am way too anxious to part with any more money.

Reactions: 7
Yes I’m struggling with it too. There has been so much censorship with SBS that it makes me suspicious of other businesses too. Bit of an aside but it reminds me of Frenchic (paint). Their Facebook is seriously heavily moderated and won’t approve posts where something has gone wrong and people are asking for advice, and I’ve heard customer service is rubbish with not responding, so even if the product is good, it just puts me off the whole business as I don’t like companies that hide things and that won’t deal with problems if they arise.

I am really tempted with Joy though. I liked her recent video.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Yes I’m struggling with it too. There has been so much censorship with SBS that it makes me suspicious of other businesses too. Bit of an aside but it reminds me of Frenchic (paint). Their Facebook is seriously heavily moderated and won’t approve posts where something has gone wrong and people are asking for advice, and I’ve heard customer service is rubbish with not responding, so even if the product is good, it just puts me off the whole business as I don’t like companies that hide things and that won’t deal with problems if they arise.

I am really tempted with Joy though. I liked her recent video.
I’m tempted by Joy.

Yes same, hourglass using shoulder measurement and suspect inverted triangle if bust measurement used. I don't have a teeny tiny waist that was often talked about with hourglasses. But yeah, don't really want to spend more money to find out when I should have been confident in the first place. More people are being vocal about doubting their analysis which is a good thing I guess, the new group is kind and helpful but it's not good to feel like you have to spend more.

I think most of the time they get it wrong because they don't take measurements they go on sight for body shape and again it's just pictures of the face for seasons but no mention of wanting to see your veins to be able to tell your tone. that's why they get it so wrong!

This is my problem with it now too. I don't doubt that there are genuinely nice stylists out there and one's who really do want to help, but so many people seem to be saying something different. I've seen hourglasses who are clearly pears, and pears who are hourglasses etc. And in terms of measurements, people seem to go on different things. I've been told hourglass includes shoulder measurements and then I've been told they don't, and you only go by bust. Now if the former is true, I'm an hourglass, if not, I am definately not a pear! So frustrating and as much as Joy is getting good reviews I am way too anxious to part with any more money.
I went with Joy on the recommendations from fb and here and she has not disappointed at all, so much so I am now signed up to her paid group which is worth its money twenty times over. I can understand the anxiety of parting with money though but this lady knows what she is talking about she really does 👌

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Another vote for Joy here too, she is so knowledgeable and involved in her group. Feels like asking a friend for advice, she never makes you feel stupid or small. Her group isn't censored, the rule is to be kind but it means actually kind (and it does feel genuine) as opposed to the silencing sort of # bekind. Learned loads from Joy and haven't even been in her group that long.

I'm so angry at Susie for threatening other people by saying they harassed her and she's saying nothing pretending butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. Is she gonna just brazen on and ignore it all??

I think body shape is overrated and don't know why these stylists get people so hung up on it. There is no one size fits all approach to personal styling. We know seasons are a spectrum, so why would we think that body shapes would all fit neatly into these little boxes with labels? Someone could look pear in one photo and hourglass in another, which could explain why SBS said one thing. I don't even know which I am - my shoulders and hips are the same size and I have a smallish waist, but I'm not curvy as I'm a size 10, and my widest point is below my hips so I look bottom heavy. Am I a pear or hourglass? Does it even matter? I emphasise my waist and try not to emphasise my thighs. It's not rocket science. Sometimes I think these women are so desperate for someone to give them "the answer", and then they get hung up on it and feel even worse when "the rules" don't always work. I'd like to see a move in the new group away from these labels, and more towards people just feeling able to post and ask opinions, and learning through trial and error what suits them or not, and growing in confidence.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I see the troops have been marched to Bluewater today for some ‘What’s in the shops’ stories on Insta.
On her live chat on Sunday she said that she couldn’t reveal what had actually happened re trolls etc but ‘Not to believe everything you read’ hmmm I think that goes both ways lady! Apparently she’s planning to write a book 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I see the troops have been marched to Bluewater today for some ‘What’s in the shops’ stories on Insta.
On her live chat on Sunday she said that she couldn’t reveal what had actually happened re trolls etc but ‘Not to believe everything you read’ hmmm I think that goes both ways lady! Apparently she’s planning to write a book 😂
I thought they were all rushed off their feet with online style sessions!
A book? Blimey I hope she doesn't defame anyone

• Haha
Reactions: 4
This makes me sad that this whole mess is putting people off using personal stylists. I'm a stylist and my aim is always to make my clients feel fantastic and confident in the way they dress. I totally agree that personal styling is just that - personal and there isn't a one size fits all approach.
taking body measurements and identifying body shapes and colour palette is a good place to start but as we all know we are all different, so again its not a one size fits all method. I hate the all the labels in the group spring hourglass, autumn pear etc
I always tell my clients if you love something wear it because it makes you feel great and thats what dressing is all about.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.