Styled by Susie #2 please don’t sue, We tried to be kind now why can’t you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BlairWaldorf86 I'm already on Pinterest - thought that might be a good starting point. Also joined the new FB group yesterday, am already enjoying it on there :)

Reactions: 2
Saw Emily's stories reminding people that style sessions available from 8pm.....I've just been on and been able to add hair and style analysis to my basket, dont they normally sell out in minutes? 🤔 oh dear oh dear!

And the glasses analysis available too.....they were as rare as rocking horse tit a couple of weeks back....

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This is my opening paragraph....

Introduction to dressing your body shape:
You have a fabulous body shape, and you are perfectly in proportion. This means that your shoulders and hips are the same width and no balancing out will be required. You are also in proportion with your legs and torso. Many women are long in the body but you are in proportion and you have lovely long legs too! Your waist is TINY!

Reactions: 6
Saw Emily's stories reminding people that style sessions available from 8pm.....I've just been on and been able to add hair and style analysis to my basket, dont they normally sell out in minutes? 🤔 oh dear oh dear!

And the glasses analysis available too.....they were as rare as rocking horse tit a couple of weeks back....
Yes they both used to be sold out very quickly!

Reactions: 4
Hello everyone, I'm new here. Stumbled accross the previous thread via the new spin off Sisterhood group set up on FB. I am so glad I took the time to read all the previous thread as it has really enlightened a few things for me - having only seen what had been posted in the original Sisterhood group and on Susie's Instagram I now feel like a few things are fitting into place.

I was analysed In March 2019. My husband purchased the gold analysis for me as a Christmas present in 2018. Sarah had recently joined SBS and it was her that wrote my analysis which I was glad about as her style is more my kind of thing. It started like this.....

"Wowsers! You are so gorgeous! ( I looked bloody terrible in the full length pictures I sent them, unwashed hair and no make up, not at all gorgeous) You have the most beautiful, curvy, feminine figure with curves in all the right places (and being around 4 stone overweight all the wrong ones too)"

I was told I was an hourglass which came as no surprise to me - even my husband said "well I could've told you that and I don't know anything about all that" and was given the style Rockabilly Glam and was suggested that 50s style dresses and skirts would work well for me, despite me saying on the questionnaire I had to fill in that I often wore 50s style dresses and skirts.

The colours didn't come as a surprise either as they were ones that I already knew worked well for me - bright bold hues and no pastels (they make me look like death)

There were a few things I got from my analysis but mostly I was already tending to wear the shapes, colours and styles suggested so I didn't really learn a huge amount from it, I wasn't unhappy with it but was just glad that my husband had purchased it before SBS went through it's rebranding and overhaul and before the price increase. Afterwards the amount of info you got for that level was much less than what I received and the same was double the price my husband had paid.

Afterwards I found I the FB group really helpful. As someone who really doesn't have the time or the inclination to spend hours and hours trawling through clothing websites looking for items which were suitable for my shape I would wait until others with the same analysis as me posted their finds and then either purchase key pieces that interested me or look for items in the same style. I wasn't a die hard poster, I'd occasionally post a couple of things but would mostly respond to other peoples pictures and use it for inspiration. This was when it wasn't quite as regimented or policed and was still relatively small in the amount of numbers.

Seeing the recent events and then the announcement about the paid for subscription to the new platform came as a bit of a shock. There had been nothing which indicated this was on the cards, it instantly reeked of an extra way for SBS to make more money to me. Then Susie posted the announcement about the supposed trolls.........having come on here and reading all the posts I now can see that was a load of bollocks. Other than a few comments about Susie's style I've not seen anything remotely nasty on here (I'm yet to read all the stuff on Mumsnet)

Seeing that so many people are now saying they have been mis-analysed, bullied and threatened is shocking. I am of the opinion that since the whole Daily Mail situation Susie seems to have changed - almost got a bit too big for her boots. Taking on all these additional stylists without them being properly trained was a bad move too I think, there are only a couple of people who's style I actually like in her team. I have a very much wear what you want attitude though and since receiving my analysis haven't followed it to the letter - it used to make me sad to see people say "I can't wear this dress even though I feel amazing in it because it doesn't fit with what my analysis said" or "I'm not allowed to wear this because Susie says so"

In business you've got to be prepared to receive some negative comments, even the best businesses get them occasionally. It's more about what you do with those negative reviews - if you take them on board, listen to the criticism from your clients and use it to make positive changes then that will benefit you in the long run. Disallowing any negative comments or threatening people that don't agree with you is just ridiculous and shows that you aren't confident enough in your own business to survive the odd person who doesn't like whatever it is you are providing.

I really think this will be the downfall of SBS. There is a lot of bad feeling surrounding the brand now. I'm annoyed as my brother and sister in law recently bought me a voucher for a hair analysis for my birthday and now I'm not sure I even want to use it.

On a side note can anyone recommend somewhere that can give suggestions for a basic capsule wardrobe as that was going to be my next purchase from SBS which I will definitely not be making now.
Thank you for taking the time to read through the threads and post your thoughts.
As you can see, we are not “vile animals” or trolls. Of the hundreds of posts, yes there are a few questioning Susie’s style but the majority here are questioning the way she controls her paying customers.
I hope more of her “tribe” come over to the dark side and read for themselves that we are not as she portrays.

Reactions: 7
Hello everyone, I'm new here. Stumbled accross the previous thread via the new spin off Sisterhood group set up on FB. I am so glad I took the time to read all the previous thread as it has really enlightened a few things for me - having only seen what had been posted in the original Sisterhood group and on Susie's Instagram I now feel like a few things are fitting into place.

I was analysed In March 2019. My husband purchased the gold analysis for me as a Christmas present in 2018. Sarah had recently joined SBS and it was her that wrote my analysis which I was glad about as her style is more my kind of thing. It started like this.....

"Wowsers! You are so gorgeous! ( I looked bloody terrible in the full length pictures I sent them, unwashed hair and no make up, not at all gorgeous) You have the most beautiful, curvy, feminine figure with curves in all the right places (and being around 4 stone overweight all the wrong ones too)"

I was told I was an hourglass which came as no surprise to me - even my husband said "well I could've told you that and I don't know anything about all that" and was given the style Rockabilly Glam and was suggested that 50s style dresses and skirts would work well for me, despite me saying on the questionnaire I had to fill in that I often wore 50s style dresses and skirts.

The colours didn't come as a surprise either as they were ones that I already knew worked well for me - bright bold hues and no pastels (they make me look like death)

There were a few things I got from my analysis but mostly I was already tending to wear the shapes, colours and styles suggested so I didn't really learn a huge amount from it, I wasn't unhappy with it but was just glad that my husband had purchased it before SBS went through it's rebranding and overhaul and before the price increase. Afterwards the amount of info you got for that level was much less than what I received and the same was double the price my husband had paid.

Afterwards I found I the FB group really helpful. As someone who really doesn't have the time or the inclination to spend hours and hours trawling through clothing websites looking for items which were suitable for my shape I would wait until others with the same analysis as me posted their finds and then either purchase key pieces that interested me or look for items in the same style. I wasn't a die hard poster, I'd occasionally post a couple of things but would mostly respond to other peoples pictures and use it for inspiration. This was when it wasn't quite as regimented or policed and was still relatively small in the amount of numbers.

Seeing the recent events and then the announcement about the paid for subscription to the new platform came as a bit of a shock. There had been nothing which indicated this was on the cards, it instantly reeked of an extra way for SBS to make more money to me. Then Susie posted the announcement about the supposed trolls.........having come on here and reading all the posts I now can see that was a load of bollocks. Other than a few comments about Susie's style I've not seen anything remotely nasty on here (I'm yet to read all the stuff on Mumsnet)

Seeing that so many people are now saying they have been mis-analysed, bullied and threatened is shocking. I am of the opinion that since the whole Daily Mail situation Susie seems to have changed - almost got a bit too big for her boots. Taking on all these additional stylists without them being properly trained was a bad move too I think, there are only a couple of people who's style I actually like in her team. I have a very much wear what you want attitude though and since receiving my analysis haven't followed it to the letter - it used to make me sad to see people say "I can't wear this dress even though I feel amazing in it because it doesn't fit with what my analysis said" or "I'm not allowed to wear this because Susie says so"

In business you've got to be prepared to receive some negative comments, even the best businesses get them occasionally. It's more about what you do with those negative reviews - if you take them on board, listen to the criticism from your clients and use it to make positive changes then that will benefit you in the long run. Disallowing any negative comments or threatening people that don't agree with you is just ridiculous and shows that you aren't confident enough in your own business to survive the odd person who doesn't like whatever it is you are providing.

I really think this will be the downfall of SBS. There is a lot of bad feeling surrounding the brand now. I'm annoyed as my brother and sister in law recently bought me a voucher for a hair analysis for my birthday and now I'm not sure I even want to use it.

On a side note can anyone recommend somewhere that can give suggestions for a basic capsule wardrobe as that was going to be my next purchase from SBS which I will definitely not be making now.
People are always really happy (most the time) with the hair one

Wow - interesting to hear that our experiences are backed up by the stylists thoughts themselves!
It was like an unofficial uniform of the group wasn’t it - white trainers, add a belt, biker jacket!
And totally agree about things they thought we should pay for - did anyone notice how if you ever asked for general advice about packing for a holiday or creating a capsule wardrobe, the admins would jump straight in to shut the conversation down with “buy the packing guide” or “buy the Basic B*tches guide”!
The basic witches was as useful as a bag with a hole in when picking up dogs 💩

• Haha
Reactions: 11
You can get bra help for free on boob or bust facebook group. No idea why susie thought anyone would pay £25 for that.

Reactions: 10

Just nearly drowned on my tea laughing 😂

• Haha
You can get bra help for free on boob or bust facebook group. No idea why susie thought anyone would pay £25 for that.
I know and with one of the people who help run BoB in the group too! I wonder how that went down as many members used to recommend BoB for bra help too and then obviously would have those comments removed now.

And i love all these comments. I tried to post a few times on the group and gave up as they were refused. One was to ask where I could get a jumper from that I’d seen on Facebook. The picture was of said jumper with no head or anything included. It literally could have been anyone -it was a headless and legless body but apparently against their Facebook rules. I also didn’t get the fact you couldn’t have your own child in the photo you posted...surely that is up to you? I mean other people’s children I totally get but why not your own child...what was the rationale? You could view their profile picture and then just see a picture of the person’s child so all seemed rather snowflake like. I just didn’t gel with the company or Susie’s way of going about business. Sarah seemed nice, as did some of the other stylists but I couldn’t see what many of them had in common and how they worked well as a team. I imagine many won’t make much money in future given she’s expanded so quickly yet now made it so exclusive. I really want to know how many signed you to the new online platform and how many will still be signed up in a month.

And i love all these comments. I tried to post a few times on the group and gave up as they were refused. One was to ask where I could get a jumper from that I’d seen on Facebook. The picture was of said jumper with no head or anything included. It literally could have been anyone -it was a headless and legless body but apparently against their Facebook rules.
I had a post declined for asking what the fit of Topshop ‘Jamie’ jeans was like, and whether people needed to size up or down!! I mean I was following the hourglass rules as we were all told those were THE jeans! So anyway I got told by admin to refer back to my analysis 🙄 what, that super helpful page with a pixelated grainy image of the jeans, simply stating Topshop underneath?! Yes that helped a lot with whether I should size up or down!! So pathetic!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
And i love all these comments. I tried to post a few times on the group and gave up as they were refused. One was to ask where I could get a jumper from that I’d seen on Facebook. The picture was of said jumper with no head or anything included. It literally could have been anyone -it was a headless and legless body but apparently against their Facebook rules. I also didn’t get the fact you couldn’t have your own child in the photo you posted...surely that is up to you? I mean other people’s children I totally get but why not your own child...what was the rationale? You could view their profile picture and then just see a picture of the person’s child so all seemed rather snowflake like. I just didn’t gel with the company or Susie’s way of going about business. Sarah seemed nice, as did some of the other stylists but I couldn’t see what many of them had in common and how they worked well as a team. I imagine many won’t make much money in future given she’s expanded so quickly yet now made it so exclusive. I really want to know how many signed you to the new online platform and how many will still be signed up in a month.
I got a 'warning' for that, a lady asked for prom dress advice for her daughter and I posted a pic of the back of my daughter to show her dress and hair.....not acceptable apparently 🙄 my daughters face was in my public cover photo at the time 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
I also know that one of Susie’s recent recruits (won’t say who to protect both her and my source) had an in depth conversation with a friend where she slagged Susie’s FB group off for the whole conversation saying how overly nice everyone had to be in the group and how people were blocked if they said anything that went against what Susie wanted them to post - or: constructive criticism or style advice she felt should be purchased.
i hope the recent recruits have an exit plan to set up their own direct service once this pesky pandemic is over. I don’t know their personal circumstances of course but if you’ve joined a business, you go in hopeful about the future (usually!) so I’d hate for anyone to be despondent that a combination of poor customer service, bad product execution and a pandemic has hurt their career temporarily.

Reactions: 4
She seems to be the only one with a degree in fashion & textiles too . Maybe she had a opinion so SBS muted her 😂
She isn’t stylish though is she? Just had a look at her Instagram. I don’t think that’s bullying to say that athough Susie would say so. If I employ a plumber, I want to make sure he’s a good plumber. I want to make sure he can do better plumbing than me - if he’s no better than me, or even more limited in his plumbing skills then why am I paying a price for his services? Hands down I’m more stylish than her and I would not say I am that stylish. She just doesn’t have a style at all. Just your typical mum in a thrown together outfit. Whereas Sarah has style and I can also see Emily does too. Susie is definitely hit or miss. I’m not sure why she employed people who are not stylish for a style service?

Reactions: 8
She isn’t stylish though is she? Just had a look at her Instagram. I don’t think that’s bullying to say that athough Susie would say so. If I employ a plumber, I want to make sure he’s a good plumber. I want to make sure he can do better plumbing than me - if he’s no better than me, or even more limited in his plumbing skills then why am I paying a price for his services? Hands down I’m more stylish than her and I would not say I am that stylish. She just doesn’t have a style at all. Just your typical mum in a thrown together outfit. Whereas Sarah has style and I can also see Emily does too. Susie is definitely hit or miss. I’m not sure why she employed people who are not stylish for a style service?
I get the impression that top of her list when hiring people, was to hire ‘yes women’ - ones who would tow the line and never question her!

Reactions: 7
No not stylish. She’s slim, neat and therefore her clothes look tidy on her but she’s not stylish in my opinion. The Scottish lady at least has a ‘look’ and is creative. Emily dresses great for her size and height. The other very quiet ones also have no social presence of style.

* or style

I wonder if we will see any of the stylists strike out on their own now that they are less ‘accessible’. I’m sure Emily would be just fine on her own

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.