Styled by Susie #2 please don’t sue, We tried to be kind now why can’t you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TBH she seems lovely, like the nice person in the school playground or your kind neighbour or the nice woman your brothers just started dating etc But i don’t think she’s a natural at the Instastories. Which is perfectly fine - I wouldn’t be an instastories type either. I hope she is able to pick and choose what she does on Instagram.
No she really does, she seems like she would write you the loveliest analysis if they weren't all copy and paste

Reactions: 2
TBH she seems lovely, like the nice person in the school playground or your kind neighbour or the nice woman your brothers just started dating etc But i don’t think she’s a natural at the Instastories. Which is perfectly fine - I wouldn’t be an instastories type either. I hope she is able to pick and choose what she does on Instagram.
Exactly this. She does seem very nice but absolutely not someone I would have imagined working for Susie - obvs not knowing her personally that’s a bold statement for me to make but I can imagine what she’s like. I would end up skipping her many many stories in the car because she just took sooooo bloody long to get to the point of anything. tit girl you don’t have time to do analysis for people so stop spouting on IG stories!

Reactions: 6
I think very, very few people are naturals at talking into the camera tbf, other than professional influencers and presenters. It's always the same gurning into the lens/deadpan expressions whilst delivering one liners or things like 'just went out and came back again- so that was nice', 'just letting you all know I'm putting my kid to bed- wish me luck' accompanied by a faux exasperated face à la FOD.

I think very, very few people are naturals at talking into the camera tbf, other than professional influencers and presenters. It's always the same gurning into the lens/deadpan expressions whilst delivering one liners or things like 'just went out and came back again- so that was nice', 'just letting you all know I'm putting my kid to bed- wish me luck' accompanied by a faux exasperated face à la FOD.
(Generally speaking, not about that particular stylist)

Reactions: 3
Interestingly, just Looked at some of the comments on Susies insta, and the name calling on there is far worse than anything I’ve seen on this forum. Vile twunts, for one. I mean, double standards much? I wonder if anyone from her team is actually reading what is being said about her here? Namely feedback from a lot of disappointed customers and users on the facebook group. sad, the whole thing, really.

Reactions: 9
Absolute radio silence from Susie today 🤔 the MN thread is onto the Daily Mail son thing and not happy either......wonder if shes planning another dramatic sob story complete with 'vile' messages (shes probs got people to send her for full dramatic effect)

Interestingly, just Looked at some of the comments on Susies insta, and the name calling on there is far worse than anything I’ve seen on this forum. Vile twunts, for one. I mean, double standards much? I wonder if anyone from her team is actually reading what is being said about her here? Namely feedback from a lot of disappointed customers and users on the facebook group. sad, the whole thing, really.
We got called animals by one person....because we arent even people apparently 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Absolute radio silence from Susie today 🤔 the MN thread is onto the Daily Mail son thing and not happy either......wonder if shes planning another dramatic sob story complete with 'vile' messages (shes probs got people to send her for full dramatic effect)

We got called animals by one person....because we arent even people apparently 😂
They make me laugh, we are all so vile...maybe if they took the time to read this thread they might actually have a balanced view.

Reactions: 6
Hello everyone, I'm new here. Stumbled accross the previous thread via the new spin off Sisterhood group set up on FB. I am so glad I took the time to read all the previous thread as it has really enlightened a few things for me - having only seen what had been posted in the original Sisterhood group and on Susie's Instagram I now feel like a few things are fitting into place.

I was analysed In March 2019. My husband purchased the gold analysis for me as a Christmas present in 2018. Sarah had recently joined SBS and it was her that wrote my analysis which I was glad about as her style is more my kind of thing. It started like this.....

"Wowsers! You are so gorgeous! ( I looked bloody terrible in the full length pictures I sent them, unwashed hair and no make up, not at all gorgeous) You have the most beautiful, curvy, feminine figure with curves in all the right places (and being around 4 stone overweight all the wrong ones too)"

I was told I was an hourglass which came as no surprise to me - even my husband said "well I could've told you that and I don't know anything about all that" and was given the style Rockabilly Glam and was suggested that 50s style dresses and skirts would work well for me, despite me saying on the questionnaire I had to fill in that I often wore 50s style dresses and skirts.

The colours didn't come as a surprise either as they were ones that I already knew worked well for me - bright bold hues and no pastels (they make me look like death)

There were a few things I got from my analysis but mostly I was already tending to wear the shapes, colours and styles suggested so I didn't really learn a huge amount from it, I wasn't unhappy with it but was just glad that my husband had purchased it before SBS went through it's rebranding and overhaul and before the price increase. Afterwards the amount of info you got for that level was much less than what I received and the same was double the price my husband had paid.

Afterwards I found I the FB group really helpful. As someone who really doesn't have the time or the inclination to spend hours and hours trawling through clothing websites looking for items which were suitable for my shape I would wait until others with the same analysis as me posted their finds and then either purchase key pieces that interested me or look for items in the same style. I wasn't a die hard poster, I'd occasionally post a couple of things but would mostly respond to other peoples pictures and use it for inspiration. This was when it wasn't quite as regimented or policed and was still relatively small in the amount of numbers.

Seeing the recent events and then the announcement about the paid for subscription to the new platform came as a bit of a shock. There had been nothing which indicated this was on the cards, it instantly reeked of an extra way for SBS to make more money to me. Then Susie posted the announcement about the supposed trolls.........having come on here and reading all the posts I now can see that was a load of bollocks. Other than a few comments about Susie's style I've not seen anything remotely nasty on here (I'm yet to read all the stuff on Mumsnet)

Seeing that so many people are now saying they have been mis-analysed, bullied and threatened is shocking. I am of the opinion that since the whole Daily Mail situation Susie seems to have changed - almost got a bit too big for her boots. Taking on all these additional stylists without them being properly trained was a bad move too I think, there are only a couple of people who's style I actually like in her team. I have a very much wear what you want attitude though and since receiving my analysis haven't followed it to the letter - it used to make me sad to see people say "I can't wear this dress even though I feel amazing in it because it doesn't fit with what my analysis said" or "I'm not allowed to wear this because Susie says so"

In business you've got to be prepared to receive some negative comments, even the best businesses get them occasionally. It's more about what you do with those negative reviews - if you take them on board, listen to the criticism from your clients and use it to make positive changes then that will benefit you in the long run. Disallowing any negative comments or threatening people that don't agree with you is just ridiculous and shows that you aren't confident enough in your own business to survive the odd person who doesn't like whatever it is you are providing.

I really think this will be the downfall of SBS. There is a lot of bad feeling surrounding the brand now. I'm annoyed as my brother and sister in law recently bought me a voucher for a hair analysis for my birthday and now I'm not sure I even want to use it.

On a side note can anyone recommend somewhere that can give suggestions for a basic capsule wardrobe as that was going to be my next purchase from SBS which I will definitely not be making now.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Hello everyone, I'm new here. Stumbled accross the previous thread via the new spin off Sisterhood group set up on FB. I am so glad I took the time to read all the previous thread as it has really enlightened a few things for me - having only seen what had been posted in the original Sisterhood group and on Susie's Instagram I now feel like a few things are fitting into place.

I was analysed In March 2019. My husband purchased the gold analysis for me as a Christmas present in 2018. Sarah had recently joined SBS and it was her that wrote my analysis which I was glad about as her style is more my kind of thing. It started like this.....

"Wowsers! You are so gorgeous! ( I looked bloody terrible in the full length pictures I sent them, unwashed hair and no make up, not at all gorgeous) You have the most beautiful, curvy, feminine figure with curves in all the right places (and being around 4 stone overweight all the wrong ones too)"

I was told I was an hourglass which came as no surprise to me - even my husband said "well I could've told you that and I don't know anything about all that" and was given the style Rockabilly Glam and was suggested that 50s style dresses and skirts would work well for me, despite me saying on the questionnaire I had to fill in that I often wore 50s style dresses and skirts.

The colours didn't come as a surprise either as they were ones that I already knew worked well for me - bright bold hues and no pastels (they make me look like death)

There were a few things I got from my analysis but mostly I was already tending to wear the shapes, colours and styles suggested so I didn't really learn a huge amount from it, I wasn't unhappy with it but was just glad that my husband had purchased it before SBS went through it's rebranding and overhaul and before the price increase. Afterwards the amount of info you got for that level was much less than what I received and the same was double the price my husband had paid.

Afterwards I found I the FB group really helpful. As someone who really doesn't have the time or the inclination to spend hours and hours trawling through clothing websites looking for items which were suitable for my shape I would wait until others with the same analysis as me posted their finds and then either purchase key pieces that interested me or look for items in the same style. I wasn't a die hard poster, I'd occasionally post a couple of things but would mostly respond to other peoples pictures and use it for inspiration. This was when it wasn't quite as regimented or policed and was still relatively small in the amount of numbers.

Seeing the recent events and then the announcement about the paid for subscription to the new platform came as a bit of a shock. There had been nothing which indicated this was on the cards, it instantly reeked of an extra way for SBS to make more money to me. Then Susie posted the announcement about the supposed trolls.........having come on here and reading all the posts I now can see that was a load of bollocks. Other than a few comments about Susie's style I've not seen anything remotely nasty on here (I'm yet to read all the stuff on Mumsnet)

Seeing that so many people are now saying they have been mis-analysed, bullied and threatened is shocking. I am of the opinion that since the whole Daily Mail situation Susie seems to have changed - almost got a bit too big for her boots. Taking on all these additional stylists without them being properly trained was a bad move too I think, there are only a couple of people who's style I actually like in her team. I have a very much wear what you want attitude though and since receiving my analysis haven't followed it to the letter - it used to make me sad to see people say "I can't wear this dress even though I feel amazing in it because it doesn't fit with what my analysis said" or "I'm not allowed to wear this because Susie says so"

In business you've got to be prepared to receive some negative comments, even the best businesses get them occasionally. It's more about what you do with those negative reviews - if you take them on board, listen to the criticism from your clients and use it to make positive changes then that will benefit you in the long run. Disallowing any negative comments or threatening people that don't agree with you is just ridiculous and shows that you aren't confident enough in your own business to survive the odd person who doesn't like whatever it is you are providing.

I really think this will be the downfall of SBS. There is a lot of bad feeling surrounding the brand now. I'm annoyed as my brother and sister in law recently bought me a voucher for a hair analysis for my birthday and now I'm not sure I even want to use it.

On a side note can anyone recommend somewhere that can give suggestions for a basic capsule wardrobe as that was going to be my next purchase from SBS which I will definitely not be making now.

You arent going to get a refund for the voucher so you might as well use it, theres nothing to say you have to go for what she says and it might surprise you. I do think most if the hair analysis are ok to be honest, better than the clothes ones anyway! If you join the new Facebook group style sisterhood (I think) lots of recommendations in there for various guides and stylists etc 👌

Reactions: 4
Main Hustle has advised them all to do talking to the camera insta stories with captions in order to increase visibility and engagement.

I always thought it was a bit odd that Susie made her stylists do FB lives even if they weren’t comfortable with it. I mean, I guess if that’s part of the job. But seemed a bit militant to me.

Reactions: 4
Main Hustle has advised them all to do talking to the camera insta stories with captions in order to increase visibility and engagement.

I always thought it was a bit odd that Susie made her stylists do FB lives even if they weren’t comfortable with it. I mean, I guess if that’s part of the job. But seemed a bit militant to me.
Got the stylists to do lives and then would keep on commenting on the thread as they were speaking and throwing them off from what they were saying or "in jokes" between them all which made no sense to anyone else!! I watched Sarah's and could see her getting flustered by it, it should be a live where you are addressing your clients not the managers need to muscle in on it all!

The advice they have received by the hustle lady is truly shocking, I have never seen a business lose so many customers over night!

Reactions: 5
I also know that one of Susie’s recent recruits (won’t say who to protect both her and my source) had an in depth conversation with a friend where she slagged Susie’s FB group off for the whole conversation saying how overly nice everyone had to be in the group and how people were blocked if they said anything that went against what Susie wanted them to post - or: constructive criticism or style advice she felt should be purchased. She also said how the group used to be so much better before it got too big and before everyone was given basically the same style advice of chunky trainers, leather jacket, mom jeans, etc. So even her own employees don’t like the way the FB group was policed.

• Wow
Reactions: 16

Yep if you refer to a previous post of mine form weeks and weeks ago on athe first thread I agree and say similar. 100% a victim of her own success at this point. But only wanted to listen to her “business coaches” and “mentors” as oppose to her current or potential customers.

Pinterest! I can't believe she was charging for such basic advice that is available anywhere on Google. Just go on pinterest (you need to sign up) and search capsule wardrobe - you will find so many suggestions that you will need to narrow it down, maybe by adding "winter" if you want to buy things for the upcoming season. It will give you loads of ideas! Then to find items to fit, I like the Shopstyle website/app where you can search for specific items by describing them. Good luck! (Are you on the new FB group as well?)

I also know that one of Susie’s recent recruits (won’t say who to protect both her and my source) had an in depth conversation with a friend where she slagged Susie’s FB group off for the whole conversation saying how overly nice everyone had to be in the group and how people were blocked if they said anything that went against what Susie wanted them to post - or: constructive criticism or style advice she felt should be purchased. She also said how the group used to be so much better before it got too big and before everyone was given basically the same style advice of chunky trainers, leather jacket, mom jeans, etc. So even her own employees don’t like the way the FB group was policed.
Wow - interesting to hear that our experiences are backed up by the stylists thoughts themselves!
It was like an unofficial uniform of the group wasn’t it - white trainers, add a belt, biker jacket!
And totally agree about things they thought we should pay for - did anyone notice how if you ever asked for general advice about packing for a holiday or creating a capsule wardrobe, the admins would jump straight in to shut the conversation down with “buy the packing guide” or “buy the Basic B*tches guide”!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.