Strictly Come Dancing 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
lol, I am I the only one who already knew Karim had a girlfriend, and never thought he was gay? 😂

Not sure what to make of the Amanda/FR drama. On one hand I think he does indeed seem like a dick, but she also seems possibly difficult to work with, and it's hard to believe he could be stupid enough to get himself into serious trouble. It's all very puzzling. Pretty much everyone liking her posts does seem sus though. Yes, too much stock is sometimes put into social media activity, but the rest of the celebs and pros would know more about the situation than us, and if she was making up nonsense, you'd think they wouldn't feed into it by liking her posts and not Gio's.

At the moment I'm learning towards it being half true, and the tabloids exaggerating massively. If Amanda had some mental health problems before coming on, and the stress of Strictly pushed her over the edge, it could be that Gio's strict teaching style was a significant factor, but still not be anything extreme enough to justify firing him.

Anyway, I bet he's wishing he left on a high after Rose now. I'd have missed him if he had, now I'm glad I don't have to.
I think Gio is a one style fits all kind of teacher, and if a celeb doesn’t respond to the stick minus the carrot he is lost. I also think if he can’t flirt/have some sort of showmance he flounders. Sadly for Gio his last 2 celebs have fallen into both boxes.

Reactions: 14
Karim’s jive is still one of my fave Strictly dances.

Aw Krishnan and Jowita look cute together. That’ll be a nice partnership
Love these two! Do we know yet what dances each pair are doing, other than Angela and Carlos?

Love these two! Do we know yet what dances each pair are doing, other than Angela and Carlos?
No, I imagine it will come out this week. Ellie and Vito are on This Morning at some point, so will probably talk about their dances then.

Reactions: 5
I mean, I would also like this...but in an entirely sexual way!! 😂
🤣 Well, if you're Ellie, you can have legs slung across you, constant hugs, touches, embraces, kisses, and stroking, but don't worry, it's all non-sexual, just like a close cousin of the opposite sex.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Aw I’ve missed seeing all these guys

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The whole "Amanda just didn't want to work hard, Gio was just trying to push her" narrative from some on other parts of the Internet is starting to piss me off.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The whole "Amanda just didn't want to work hard, Gio was just trying to push her" narrative from some on other parts of the Internet is starting to piss me off.
If it was just Amanda, then they might have a point, but it is not.

I see Debbie has added a supportive post.

Reactions: 6
Yeah, given that we were saying here that their joint vibe was 'ruthlessly competent dance bot partnership' that seems untrue. And I guess Richie was also a lazy ingrate too.

Reactions: 6
Same! The levels of misogyny has been shocking :cautious: Amanda isn't seen as a Nice woman therefore she must be difficult whilst he's just a perfectionist that wants them to be the best. Like he's just an altruistic dance teacher with a heart of gold as if the performance and longevity during the series somehow doesn't benefit his own career.

Alongside the no one has made FORMAL complaints yet we know
Laura did complain and has spoken publicly about how awful she found it.
Ranvir and he clashed enough that it made headlines and she admitted he had to change his teaching style. Reading between the lines she either made an informal complaint or the producers stepped in to have a word.
We know he and Michelle had arguments too and Faye alluded to them clashing on a lockdown live they did together. However both didn't seem to take it personality and they have both been part of performance arts for decades and maybe more resilient.
Richie poor Richie he was too excited unfortunately.

That leaves
Rose had an interpreter around especially in the early weeks and they seemed to gel anyway
Georgia it was his first year and he had an interpreter in the early weeks plus they were attracted to one another
Debbie older woman with dance experience and recently widowed.

Compare that with all the current Pros that's a bad run of luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
People justifying Gio’s behaviour to themselves and forgetting it’s a Saturday night entertainment show for the family that brings some glitter in to people’s and not professional dance competition. The pro really ought to be guided by the celeb on how hard to push. A good teacher learns how best some works/trains and then gets the best out of them - even if it means they are not going to make that far. Focus on the celeb and not the glitter ball - that way the celeb has a good time.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Same! The levels of misogyny has been shocking :cautious: Amanda isn't seen as a Nice woman therefore she must be difficult whilst he's just a perfectionist that wants them to be the best. Like he's just an altruistic dance teacher with a heart of gold as if the performance and longevity during the series somehow doesn't benefit his own career.

Ranvir and he clashed enough that it made headlines and she admitted he had to change his teaching style. Reading between the lines she either made an informal complaint or the producers stepped in to have a word.
We know he and Michelle had arguments too and Faye alluded to them clashing on a lockdown live they did together. However both didn't seem to take it personality and they have both been part of performance arts for decades and maybe more resilient.

That leaves
Rose had an interpreter around especially in the early weeks and they seemed to gel anyway
Georgia it was his first year and he had an interpreter in the early weeks plus they were attracted to one another

If I hear PTSD - huh- it’s not like she went to war or anything, she was learning to dance again I swear I won’t be responsible for my typing.

And why was it up to Ranvir to tell him to change his teaching method? Surely it’s up to the teacher to work out what gets the best out of the student themselves.

I honestly don’t think he is a good teacher … or he is good when teaching someone with a bit of natural talent and the ability to spend hours training, but he can’t cope with someone who is more rhythmically challenged or who has a life and commitments outside training 12 hours a day.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

That leaves

Reading between the lines, Nicola Roberts didn’t seem especially keen on him either.

Reactions: 12
This is presented as how lovely he is but he himself clearly states in the quote that he pushed Rose too hard!

Ellie and Vito are on This Morning tomorrow. Hopefully it’s all about the tour and Josie doesn’t bring up the romance stuff which was awkward last time and has now been put to bed (as it were!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
She really hasn’t helped her argument with this post either.
IMG_6835.jpeg

How is someone being unable to walk to the loo in the middle of the night and having ankles swollen like melons him recognising her limits and accommodating them? He pushed her too far and then had no choice other than to adjust things as she couldn’t physically do more. This doesn’t make him sound kind and caring, this makes him sound appalling and selfish.

Rose is not someone with mobility issues. Could you imagine him being paired with someone like Ellie Simmonds or an amputee?

Reactions: 9
People justifying Gio’s behaviour to themselves and forgetting it’s a Saturday night entertainment show for the family that brings some glitter in to people’s and not professional dance competition. The pro really ought to be guided by the celeb on how hard to push. A good teacher learns how best some works/trains and then gets the best out of them - even if it means they are not going to make that far. Focus on the celeb and not the glitter ball - that way the celeb has a good time.
You have articulated what I wanted to say. Spot on ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.