Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Same! The levels of misogyny has been shocking :cautious: Amanda isn't seen as a Nice woman therefore she must be difficult whilst he's just a perfectionist that wants them to be the best. Like he's just an altruistic dance teacher with a heart of gold as if the performance and longevity during the series somehow doesn't benefit his own career.

Alongside the no one has made FORMAL complaints yet we know
Laura did complain and has spoken publicly about how awful she found it.
Ranvir and he clashed enough that it made headlines and she admitted he had to change his teaching style. Reading between the lines she either made an informal complaint or the producers stepped in to have a word.
We know he and Michelle had arguments too and Faye alluded to them clashing on a lockdown live they did together. However both didn't seem to take it personality and they have both been part of performance arts for decades and maybe more resilient.
Richie poor Richie he was too excited unfortunately.

That leaves
Rose had an interpreter around especially in the early weeks and they seemed to gel anyway
Georgia it was his first year and he had an interpreter in the early weeks plus they were attracted to one another
Debbie older woman with dance experience and recently widowed.

Compare that with all the current Pros that's a bad run of luck!
If I hear PTSD - huh- it’s not like she went to war or anything, she was learning to dance again I swear I won’t be responsible for my typing.

And why was it up to Ranvir to tell him to change his teaching method? Surely it’s up to the teacher to work out what gets the best out of the student themselves.

I honestly don’t think he is a good teacher … or he is good when teaching someone with a bit of natural talent and the ability to spend hours training, but he can’t cope with someone who is more rhythmically challenged or who has a life and commitments outside training 12 hours a day.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

soccergirl

VIP Member
I see fans of Gio still saying that Amanda should have clarified in her statement that her PTSD diagnosis had nothing to do with him! Maybe try to put 2 + 2 together here! They are also saying how dare she like the pros’ posts. I dunno: maybe she’s mates with them?
The Gio Derangement Syndrome this has all brought out is insane - just because people hoped he was banging Rose he has a free pass for life!

Ginnyjo

VIP Member
8 hours of physical training a day, plus Sat, plus any BBC commitments like ITT, plus a family at home, the judgey judys can get in the sea, ffs

• Heart

whoareyoukidding

Chatty Member
i find this really uncomfortable too - and the same comments on the small thread dedicated to her here. stating a person can “only” suffer PTSD for something someone else classes as deserving of trauma is such a toxic mindset.
THIS 👏🏻👏🏻
Like PTSD can only effect those who went to war etc.
People can suffer with PTSD for all sorts of life events.

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
If Amanda was a nightmare who was just out to cause trouble for Gio strictly pros and celebs wouldn’t have continued liking her social media posts. I think they know Fanny rat is a prick but played nicely as they work with him but the comments about other pros being jealous of him made them think fuck him. The pros that do the tours together are well bonded but he does his own thing which I think probably isolates him a bit too.

glasgow27

VIP Member
I'm glad to be surrounded by people with actual common sense here because it feels like the rest of the internet is either clouded by their admiration of Gio and would defend him no matter what, or is prejudiced against Amanda to begin with.

I wonder how much of the DM or DS commentators would put in the hours of hard work to dancing that they claim Amanda was so against?

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
Well the Birmingham Mail stated that Layton and Nikita were surprise winners last night but the reporter also says
It was quickly clear Layton and Nikita were very popular. VERY. To be honest though, I was screaming when they walked on too.

The crowd absolutely brought the house down with this one (me included). This Moulin Rouge paso (one of my absolute favourites) was just phenomenal.
The reporter also voted for them twice 😂

I am so pleased that they got such an amazing reception on the opening night. After all the abuse they got throughout the competition they needed that ❤

• Heart
Not to mention the fact that the tour participants were announced ages ago, and generally (barring a casting shortfall) only contestants who've made it past a certain number of weeks do the tour. As well as the fact that none of the involved parties have made any direct comment about any of this at any point.

It's such an obviously contrived non-story designed to keep the clicks coming, given that there have been no dramatic new developments and it's a slow time of year for showbiz gossip. I just honestly didn't believe that people read these sorts of 'articles' and took them at face value. I'd assumed that most people were more savvy as far as tabloid machinations go. 🤷‍♀️
I think anyone who "believes" that article simply just wants to believe it.

• Heart

nicalibres

VIP Member
In terms of injuries, I think it’s more the culture around Strictly that’s the issue. Training hours should be predetermined in the celebs contracts for one.

Karen got lots of flack for her attitude this year. Her shocking choreo’s also routinely discussed.

Katya was on the receiving end of huge backlash and abuse after her drunken kiss with Seann. The fact it’s still being used as a stick to beat her with (never mind being referred to as an affair scandal) is wild, and very probably misogynistic.

Gio’s band of flying Beryl’s are all over socials and daily mail comments defending him with their lives so I wouldn’t worry about a few dissenting voices on Tattle.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Johannes says in his book that his first season on Strictly SA he pushed his partner so hard it became a miserable experience for them both. He took advice from the other pros and eased off.

• Heart

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
IMG_8441.jpeg

Jowita and Krishnan looking so sweet. Jowita is such a stunningly beautiful woman , I quite happily admit to a massive girl crush .

• Heart

diamondthunder

VIP Member
lol, I am I the only one who already knew Karim had a girlfriend, and never thought he was gay? 😂

Not sure what to make of the Amanda/FR drama. On one hand I think he does indeed seem like a dick, but she also seems possibly difficult to work with, and it's hard to believe he could be stupid enough to get himself into serious trouble. It's all very puzzling. Pretty much everyone liking her posts does seem sus though. Yes, too much stock is sometimes put into social media activity, but the rest of the celebs and pros would know more about the situation than us, and if she was making up nonsense, you'd think they wouldn't feed into it by liking her posts and not Gio's.

At the moment I'm learning towards it being half true, and the tabloids exaggerating massively. If Amanda had some mental health problems before coming on, and the stress of Strictly pushed her over the edge, it could be that Gio's strict teaching style was a significant factor, but still not be anything extreme enough to justify firing him.

Anyway, I bet he's wishing he left on a high after Rose now. I'd have missed him if he had, now I'm glad I don't have to.

Glaschelle

VIP Member
We all know Angela R was over marked. But she's 20yrs older than me - she's doing an extensive dance tour, performing several numbers every night with a smile on her face.

I'm lying in my bed with a hot water bottle on my arthritic knee!!!

• Haha

Milliemoo99

VIP Member
the thing that's sticking with me is apparently amanda was a superfan and that's why we should have all been so sorry for her withdrawing 🥺 (per many twitter and fb posts at the time)

but!

how the hell can one be a "superfan" without realising that gio can be a twat? have you actually watched this show?!?

honestly, they deserved each other
I think there must be differences between being an observer and trained to your limits!

These pro dancers have probably had to push themselves incredibly hard to succeed in the dance world, my friend studied ballet as a teenager, where its well known if you ever go up en pointe, your toes inevitably bleed because its so painful, especially when you first do it. Gio is an amazing dancer, and probably used to pushing himself and his body to their limits.

But, personally I would never train to the point of pain. And if someone expects me to do this, I would refuse. But then I have no ambition at all to be a dancer or sports person! Amanda showed some promise and some ability in her early dances, but she also is in her fifties and perhaps had home committments that she needed to be involved with, so couldn't do the training Gio was expecting.

Its a mess.

Its meant to be a happy friendly dance show, but its obvious some contestants and some pros! are more determined and more able than others. Amanda obviously felt she was pushed further than she thought was fair or reasonable. Which in her case may have financial implications?