Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ilovedogss

Why do people keep saying how come he got on with Rose if he didn’t get on with Amanda(/Ritchie/Ranvir/Laura) without realising that it is actually possible to get on some people and not others and also that whenever he looked at Rose he just saw a glitterball and he wasn’t putting that in jeopardy for a kit kat break.
Exactly. He knew from day 1 she was winning, he even requested her.

Then after they won people were saying how he was sooo good with Rose (so patronising) such a gentleman:rolleyes:

Then he won the bafta (for a dance he didn't choreograph) making his ego go out of control.

People liked their partnership, but i think she would have won with any pro. She didn't win specifically because of him. Bet he regrets not leaving on a high. Doubt he'll be back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18

Boogs

VIP Member
Amanda not putting the work in? It’s not like she has was putting on crap performances, they were considered to be one of the stronger couples and potential finalists! I’ve never been keen on Gio but I’m not keen on Amanda either so was glad they were paired together and a bit annoyed when they were good 😂

I don’t get the blind devotion to pros. As much as I adore Nikita if he comes back this year with a big head from doing so well with Layton and has a similar experience then I’ll be disappointed and moaning that he should wind his neck in a bit and drop the ego.

• Heart

OtherMoon

VIP Member
I found it interesting that Vito would give Ellie 15 min nap breaks not just to physically recover but he was aware that after a certain point there is so much new information going into her brain it needed a break to process it.
Now that is a good teacher. As someone else mentioned Gio lacks emotional intelligence, it's not just that he's shouty and demanding he really lacks people skills too.

I can't quite remember who it was maybe Ellie or Zara, it was one of the younger woman, said at the start the thing they were most nervous about was spending a lot of time alone with someone they didn't know well.
Some of the Pro's especially the men need to realise that being alone in the training room with a strict teacher could be a really intense and even intimidating experience for some people even those in showbiz.

• Heart

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
The comment sections surrounding Giomandagate are absolutely disgusting - comment after comment belittling mental illness, saying things like "she should just go away" and showing exactly why women choose not to speak up if they feel they've been mistreated.

I have a horrible feeling this is all going to end very badly for Amanda.

• Sad
  • Heart

Geetbo

VIP Member
I actually couldn’t give less of a shit about Janettes baby.

What I care about is if Nikita will be thrusting.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
The BBC have countered Amanda's supposed allegations:

"A source told the Mail: 'Amanda's reason for quitting Strictly was an entirely different one to her PTSD.

'She told production of a totally different medical condition [GP Vita-induced urticaria?] and they [were] hugely supportive of her and did all they could to help.

'Nobody seems to quite understand what is going on here.'"

Seems she asked for the tapes before Christmas

Well, “A source told the Mail”, rather than the BBC offering a direct comment.

If legal proceedings are potentially in the offing all involved parties will have been advised to say nothing at all.
---
Why do people keep saying how come he got on with Rose if he didn’t get on with Amanda(/Ritchie/Ranvir/Laura) without realising that it is actually possible to get on some people and not others and also that whenever he looked at Rose he just saw a glitterball and he wasn’t putting that in jeopardy for a kit kat break.
I hadn’t realised until yesterday (even though it’s obvious, when I think about it), that there was an interpreter present all/most of the time for Rose.

The perpetual presence of someone hired purely to advocate on behalf of your partner would certainly create a ‘unique’ dynamic.

lavendervase

VIP Member
I think Gorka will be a great judge - I think he will give really good constructive criticism but he kind too. He always seems to make it a really positive experience for his partners and I think he will do the same for the contestants.
I must brush up on my gcse Spanish and get watching 🤣

• Heart

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
So Vito is currently banging Ellie, Jowita and Helen Skelton? This could turn into a version of the Strictly Odds thread they have on DS.

Who else is Vito shagging?

5/1 Luba Mustuk
6/1 Kym Marsh
12/1 Richie Anderson
14/1 Jayde Adams
16/1 Amanda Abbington
16/1 Dianne Buswell
18/1 Fleur East
25/1 Angela Rippon

• Haha
I see fans of Gio still saying that Amanda should have calcified in her statement that her PTSD diagnosis had nothing to do with him! Maybe try to put 2 + 2 together here! They are also saying how dare she like the pros’ posts. I dunno: maybe she’s mates with them? The Gio Derangement Syndrome this has all brought out is insane - just because people hoped he was banging Rose he has a free pass for life!
The hate she is getting is actually pissing me off, sure she might be hard work but even if she was she doesn't deserve death threats and the mocking of her mental illness. She is a carer to he husband who is a paraplegic, she has children. She always seems to be upfront with her failings and now she is getting bullshit articles like that absolute tripe written about her.

All this is telling me is that more than likely Gio and the BBC producers of this show are in the wrong.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I just highly doubt that Vito or Nikita would ever have a partnership like this with a celeb. Carlos probably as well. There lies the difference - even if Amanda wasn't the easiest for Gio to work with, fact is that he's not as easy for the celebs to get on with as some of the others either.
To be fair to Nikita, we’ve seen how he adapts to the completely different ‘makes’ of celebs he is paired with. He got a little known never danced before signing where the main reaction to her being there was ‘meh, her dad’ to week 10 and then the way he choreographed for Ellie S was impressive all topped off with the way he supported Layton this year. I can’t think of anything they could throw at him that would phase him.

soccergirl

VIP Member
If Gio knew Gorks was doing the Spanish version. Do you think he headed over to Italy to support Pasquale in the Italian version to try and land a job as a judge on it - cosy up to execs, do a bit of networking?
Am trying to picture Gio's face as the Ballando final hits hour 5 and a septuagenarian actor does a samba with Nikita's sister wearing a thong.

It's what he deserves.

• Haha

Geetbo

VIP Member
It’s so patronising to Rose. Aw what a hero helping the poor deaf girl. I think Rose seemed to be really ballsy. That’s why she got on ok with Gio as she wasn’t bothered by his bullshit and could stand up for herself.
The fact is Rose would have won no matter what pro she got. She’d probably still have got to the final if she’d punched Claudia down the stairs.

• Haha

glasgow27

VIP Member
Yeah, the Amanda situation is very depressing. Firstly showing how little progress has been made regarding mental health, and secondly, whilst I'm not calling Giovanni an abuser because there's no evidence that he is (being a dick and an abuser obviously aren't the same thing), the discourse online is so "he just cares about her dancing, he wants to push her, he wants the best for her" and I find that bordering on triggering. It does honestly feel like the type of language people would have used to justify/enable abusers and the way it's being spoken about online makes me extremely uncomfortable.

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
Graz was definitely telling Gio that he needed to congratulate Jowita (whom he was presumably dating by then). And then Gio went over and hugged her.
(Sidenote: I love how Graz takes charge of the celebrations, last year telling Gio to man up and kiss his girlfriend, and this year lifting Vito, even though Bobby was RIGHT THERE and was the obvious lifter)
Graz does appear to be the Dad of the group. When Layton and Nikita got their first 40 I think Graz was as excited as they were 😂

• Heart

posy

VIP Member
So Vito is currently banging Ellie, Jowita and Helen Skelton? This could turn into a version of the Strictly Odds thread they have on DS.

Who else is Vito shagging?

5/1 Luba Mustuk
6/1 Kym Marsh
12/1 Richie Anderson
14/1 Jayde Adams
16/1 Amanda Abbington
16/1 Dianne Buswell
18/1 Fleur East
25/1 Angela Rippon
I’m going with Giovanni - thin line between love and hate.

• Haha