Strictly Come Dancing 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always liked Ange tbf. It’s not her fault they massively overmarked her.

Reactions: 11
I’ve really warmed to Angela Rippon since the competition. I can’t believe I’m almost looking forward to seeing ‘The Leg’.
She really looks good in red. No one can fault her gusto. The energy she's got is amazing, tbf.

Ellie & Vito have been quiet, but so have Layton & Nikita. Layton's been posting, but nothing together. Nikita has been totally radio silent regarding the tour.

Reactions: 6
Ellie and Vito remind of Gio and Rose - will be scrutinised over how they act together. So perhaps they have decided they don’t want to be scrutinised- they have said they are good friends and maybe don’t feel need to justify their friendship over social media. When Strictly is on its different, it’s part of advertising the show etc.
Yeah, I get it. I'd understand that more if Vito didn't then post a cute outtake from their OK shoot, which then attracts lots of 'just get married' comments. I'd rather less of that, and more of just cute friendship moments now.

Anyway: doubtless his SM use will continue to be infuriatingly erratic and we will have to rely on consummate journo pro The Leg for tour updates!

Reactions: 4
She really looks good in red. No one can fault her gusto. The energy she's got is amazing, tbf.

Ellie & Vito have been quiet, but so have Layton & Nikita. Layton's been posting, but nothing together. Nikita has been totally radio silent regarding the tour.
I think it's cause they are together all the time now, performing, in a bus together, training together etc. the last thing they want to do is probably post on social media together too!! It's a lot, I can understand needing space.

Reactions: 6
Thanks to YouTube I’ve just started my weekend with this spectacular video (I know we’ve all seen it before). This shows what can happen when a pro has an ego the size of a planet (Gio consider yourself warned) and that the internet can be a great place.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
We all know Angela R was over marked. But she's 20yrs older than me - she's doing an extensive dance tour, performing several numbers every night with a smile on her face.

I'm lying in my bed with a hot water bottle on my arthritic knee!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
We all know Angela R was over marked. But she's 20yrs older than me - she's doing an extensive dance tour, performing several numbers every night with a smile on her face.

Yeah it was purely the over marking that annoyed me and the fact she got easy critics when other celebrities were ripped a new one and other celebrities sent home over her because of the judges scoring. None of it her fault of course.

Still credit where credit is due, she has a great attitude!!

Reactions: 10
Well the Birmingham Mail stated that Layton and Nikita were surprise winners last night but the reporter also says
It was quickly clear Layton and Nikita were very popular. VERY. To be honest though, I was screaming when they walked on too.

The crowd absolutely brought the house down with this one (me included). This Moulin Rouge paso (one of my absolute favourites) was just phenomenal.
The reporter also voted for them twice 😂

I am so pleased that they got such an amazing reception on the opening night. After all the abuse they got throughout the competition they needed that ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16

She’s 50 years older than me and I’d be crippled if I attempted to do The Leg.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think it's cause they are together all the time now, performing, in a bus together, training together etc. the last thing they want to do is probably post on social media together too!! It's a lot, I can understand needing space.
Yeah, that's what I mean Same with E&V, as previously mentioned, much of the SM content during the show is about building and maintaining a fanbase.

Well the Birmingham Mail stated that Layton and Nikita were surprise winners last night but the reporter also says

The reporter also voted for them twice 😂

I am so pleased that they got such an amazing reception on the opening night. After all the abuse they got throughout the competition they needed that ❤
That's fab 🩷 Proof that the love exists outside some crappy social media posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I thought I might like the arse kissing pro dance better live, but nope. Layton's Paso looks like it's made for arenas though.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Be interesting to see who gets the Manchester win between Layton or Ellie. Not ruling anyone else out but home crowd and all that! Would be lovely for either one of them to win it.

Reactions: 3

Footage of the opening number from the tech run.

I like it a lot better than I did in the launch show.
Don't the celebs usually join in? looks like they just walk around the stage and leave.

Be interesting to see who gets the Manchester win between Layton or Ellie. Not ruling anyone else out but home crowd and all that! Would be lovely for either one of them to win it.
I think Layton will win a lot, and maybe Bobby? seem to be lots of Bobby fans on SM at the tour. I'm sure as with Helen last year there's an element of righting a perceived injustice that your fave should have won. Hopefully Ellie will win a few.

Reactions: 3
Watching clips of last nights shows posted by fans only to see both bobby and dianne doing the worm at the end not sure whether that's impressive or bordering bizarre??
If they keep doing that they might end up more than a bit bruised or in diannes case giving someone an eyeful! 🤣🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Guys please no hate for what I’m about to post as I have thought long and hard about whether I should say anything but have decided to. I don’t have 100% evidence and am still a little unsure as to believe it but I was introduced to someone at a friends party a couple of weeks ago who I found out was part of the strictly glam squad this series (that’s completely true - I’ve seen evidence of it and my friend said that she has worked in tv makeup for a few years) Obviously I was like a kid in a sweet shop & asking lots of questions trying not to sound like a complete idiot when she jokingly said to ask her what everyone else was hounding her about regards E & V. I told her like I’ve said on this forum I didn’t believe it at first but then something changed in me because of the way they were and She basically confirmed that they were together as a couple and this was widely known between cast and crew! Apparently they were very tactile with one another backstage and whilst not full on snogging in front of everyone they were affectionate and didn’t hide

I know they have denied it on the press round but I don’t know whether thats to dampen speciation and give them a little privacy, they have split or if they weren’t together and the person I spoke to was full of crap.

Like i said earlier please no hate as I have pondered posting this but my friend said that this lady was a genuine person and doesn’t have any reason to lie and she had clearly been working on the series as she showed me various pics of herself with the cast!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I liked the live version of the weird bum-sniffing pro dance slightly better, but it still sucks.

This one would have been lovely 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Don't the celebs usually join in? looks like they just walk around the stage and leave.

I think Layton will win a lot, and maybe Bobby? seem to be lots of Bobby fans on SM at the tour. I'm sure as with Helen last year there's an element of righting a perceived injustice that your fave should have won. Hopefully Ellie will win a few.
Might have changed between the tech run and the live show? I don't think I've seen a clip with the celebs in from the actual performance yet. They changed those awful dark shirts Vito, Neil, Robbie, Jake etc were wearing to gold ones.

If that is all they do in the opening number it is a bit disappointing, but with more than the usual number of not-so-able dancers on the tour this year I guess I can see why the choreography in the group numbers might be a bit pared back.

The celebs have more of a role in the Barbie number, in the clip UnknownTattler posted.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.