Strictly Come Dancing 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this might cause some controversy
But surely on signing up to the tour your also accepting having some time away from your child?
Aljaz seems to have gone to birmingham with janette and lyra who didn't sleep well and then she's talking about not seeing her until Sunday, which is still a double show day
If she wasn't ready to be away for more than a couple of days she could have turned it down and let someone else have a turn hosting and stayed home.
Surely aljaz won't be carting Lyra up and down the country every few days unsettling her so that janette can see her.

Nobody else would be able to bring children in hotels, arenas or tourbus as it just wouldn't be fair on anyone nor appropriate

Reactions: 2
I know this might cause some controversy
But surely on signing up to the tour your also accepting having some time away from your child?
Aljaz seems to have gone to birmingham with janette and lyra who didn't sleep well and then she's talking about not seeing her until Sunday, which is still a double show day
If she wasn't ready to be away for more than a couple of days she could have turned it down and let someone else have a turn hosting and stayed home.
Surely aljaz won't be carting Lyra up and down the country every few days unsettling her so that janette can see her.

Nobody else would be able to bring children in hotels, arenas or tourbus as it just wouldn't be fair on anyone nor appropriate
I don’t see why they can’t bring her along for some of it 🤷🏻‍♀️ The DWTS tour currently has 1 (soon to be 2) babies on the road with them and that’s including tour buses etc which Janette obviously won’t be doing with Lyra. In previous years Nadiya has always had her daughter visit multiple times and be backstage etc so I don’t think it’s much of an issue within the crew

I think it’s more likely that Janette will travel home to see her on days off with Aljaz maybe bringing her to watch an occasional show when the tour is up north.

Reactions: 5
What on earth is “house of strictly” 🤔
It's from the launch show. With judges and pros.

Ugh, so disappointed in the group/pro dances. Hated all of them.
Not that I'm going, but surely the Vito/Nikita one was far better than the Carlos one? That was bum-clenchingly terrible. Maybe they wanted to give Carlos a showcase?

Reactions: 3
Ugh, so disappointed in the group/pro dances. Hated all of them.

I really hoped they'd do the castle one from week one instead of the one from the launch show.

The Fosse one's the worst, can't believe they picked it. 😩

Reactions: 1

Not that I'm going, but surely the Vito/Nikita one was far better than the Carlos one? That was bum-clenchingly terrible. Maybe they wanted to give Carlos a showcase?
Ah ok! I did love that one, but the closing dance is usually different choreo to incorporate all of the couples so looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

I don’t see why they can’t bring her along for some of it 🤷🏻‍♀️ The DWTS tour currently has 1 (soon to be 2) babies on the road with them and that’s including tour buses etc which Janette obviously won’t be doing with Lyra.

I think it’s more likely that Janette will travel home to see her on days off with Aljaz maybe bringing her to watch an occasional show when the tour is up north.
things might be different wih DWTS
That I can think of no one has brought their children along on strictly tours
At the end of the day it is work
A lot of moving around , long days, tech runs, rehearsals , long bus trips, late nights, early mornings and noise
If it was suitable for children everyone would be bringing there's.

A lot of moving around , long days, tech runs, rehearsals , long bus trips, late nights, early mornings and noise
Who said Janette is bringing her? She’s obviously with her dad who will visit, but he’s not a part of the traveling cast and neither will the baby. I’m assuming it will be similar with Chyna who will also visit Neil with their daughter on certain stops.

I'm tentatively hopeful I'll like the
Blackpool, Barbie and Launch Show ones
better with the different staging.
The pro dance though, yikes.
---

I can see why the Vito/Nikita one wasn't an option. There was just no way in hell anyone was lugging that rooftop around and too much of the choreography involved it for it to really be the same dance if they took it out. I think it also would have been too much of an injury risk to do so many times. One slip or missed hand and they could wind up in need of Nigel's pain. I wish they'd picked anything else though. So disappointed it's not the castle one.

I really hope they do some version of the Vito/Nikita dance on the pro tour though. I think adapting out the rooftop would work better on the stage rather than in an arena.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I'm tentatively hopeful I'll like the
Blackpool, Barbie and Launch Show ones
better with the different staging.
The pro dance though, yikes.
---

I can see why the Vito/Nikita one wasn't an option. There was just no way in hell anyone was lugging that rooftop around and too much of the choreography involved it for it to really be the same dance if they took it out. I think it also would have been too much of an injury risk to do so many times. One slip or missed hand and they could wind up in need of Nigel's pain. I wish they'd picked anything else though. So disappointed it's not the castle one.

I really hope they do some version of the Vito/Nikita dance on the pro tour though. I think adapting out the rooftop would work better on the stage rather than in an arena.
i suspect the stairs they’veused for pro tour the last two years could be used for that

Reactions: 1
I don't see an issue - Aljaz doesn't have any work commitments, they don't have to be at home for older kids, and it's WAY easier to travel with a baby than a toddler. If they can regularly visit Janette whilst she's away, why wouldn't they.

Also, some parents have to work so why should Janette turn down the opportunity

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Why on earth are we even debating if Janette can bring her baby on tour? Of course she can. It’s 2024, woman can work & have babies. Aljaz is there for actual child care & babies are easy enough to transport! So long as Janette isn’t bringing Lyra to alcohol filled after parties or asking the dancers & celebs to look after Lyra while she parties or something .. why on earth would it be an issue?! Please don’t be a ‘it’s never been done before’ person.. things change, often for the better.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I actually couldn’t give less of a tit about Janettes baby.

What I care about is if Nikita will be thrusting.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm raging that Layton and Nikita arre buried in the middle of the running order!

Are they frightened that they might get another show winner who doesn't win a tour show???

I'm raging that Layton and Nikita arre buried in the middle of the running order!

Are they frightened that they might get another show winner who doesn't win a tour show???
I’m not impressed with the running order either. The first 3 are probably the ones I’m looking forward to most, followed by 3 who I’m really not bothered about. By the time Ellie and Vito dance I may have fallen asleep. I’m surprised that as finalists Layton and Nikita are so early. I think whatever comes after them was going to look a bit tit in comparison anyway.

I’m not in the slightest bit bothered about Janettes baby being around. I’m more bothered about Janette being there in the first place and hope she is better in an arena than she is on ITT because she is bloody dire as a presenter on that.

Reactions: 8
Really not feeling some of these celeb and group numbers. The Blackpool number with no Johannes? Carlos kissing Karen's arse? Meh.

Janette is alright as the tour host as long as she sticks rigidly to the script. Don't have an issue with her having her baby with her, working mothers are a thing. And anytime I see Aljaz's stories he's as happy as a pig in tit at being a dad, so 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I drove to Birmingham today to pick someone up from the airport. I was very tempted to pop up the road and kidnap Nikita. I’d make sure he got lots of rest and would hand feed him chicken soup till he is feeing better as he looks so exhausted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
If Neil could bring Chyna last year I don't see why Jannette can't bring Lyra and Aljaz.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.