Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pasquale commented on Vito and Graz’s live so the universe is definitely healing, after last nights charity show. Ellie and Giada popped on too - it was cute.
I like how Vito said ‘yeah we are all back on Strictly, it’s gonna be so fun’ #shade

Attachments

Reactions: 5
I enjoyed the 'we're all back' comment too. And I snorted at someone asking "hows govinni." I feel quite confident Vito and Graz don't give a tit how 'govinni' is doing. 😂

Reactions: 6
Pasquale commented on Vito and Graz’s live so the universe is definitely healing, after last nights charity show. Ellie and Giada popped on too - it was cute.
I like how Vito said ‘yeah we are all back on Strictly, it’s gonna be so fun’ #shade
My beautiful boys *sigh*

Reactions: 2
Go Vinni! Yes duck off and don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out.

• Haha
I love how the FR (formerly of this parish) keeps saying about how he wants to clear his name. Maybe he wants that privately but putting that out in public on more than one statement seems shady, just backs up that he's an egotist. I wonder if it's ever occurred to him that there must be a grain of truth if 4 past partners are complaining.

1718494773866.png

Reactions: 3
If it was just Amanda, I might believe that he was innocent. Well, actually I do believe that he doesn't think he's done anything wrong.

To play devil's advocate, I do think the line between pushing a celeb just hard enough and too far is very murky and it depends on each celeb individually. I'm sure there are countless celebs with an experience they could make a formal complaint about if they wanted to e.g. Layton joking on ITT that it's probably technically illegal how long they rehearsed without a break. The issue seems to be that Gio's just too arrogant to back off when the celeb isn't responding well, and too emotionally cold to be encouraging and supportive.

The crotch grabbing thing sounds like a dumb nothing story though. It sounds like they're just blowing that dumb Michael Jackson move I've seen practically all of the pros do on SM out of proportion.

An aside, but for the life of me I'll never understand the popularity of Michael Jackson. Even if you leave the allegations completely out of it, I've always thought most of his music and dancing was terrible. Like, ok, Smooth Criminal's catchy, but I swear all his songs just sound like the same unintelligible shrieking, and the dancing looks like someone having a seizure. I just don't get where the icon status comes from.

If it was just Amanda, I might believe that he was innocent. Well, actually I do believe that he doesn't think he's done anything wrong.

To play devil's advocate, I do think the line between pushing a celeb just hard enough and too far is very murky and it depends on each celeb individually. I'm sure there are countless celebs with an experience they could make a formal complaint about if they wanted to e.g. Layton joking on ITT that it's probably technically illegal how long they rehearsed without a break. The issue seems to be that Gio's just too arrogant to back off when the celeb isn't responding well, and too emotionally cold to be encouraging and supportive.

The crotch grabbing thing sounds like a dumb nothing story though.
It sounds like they're just blowing that dumb Michael Jackson move I've seen practically all of the pros do on SM out of proportion.
There's a mention of 'lewd remarks' though which I guess could have accompanied the gesture (off to bleach my brain at the image).

I agree: I do think it's possible Amanda had a meltdown and couldn't cope/took against him. But then when three other contestants have come forward AND the pros won't support him I have to think it was bad.

Though Duncan James has left a supportive comment on his post - scratch that, FR is innocent!!

There's a mention of 'lewd remarks' though which I guess could have accompanied the gesture (off to bleach my brain at the image).

I agree: I do think it's possible Amanda had a meltdown and couldn't cope/took against him. But then when three other contestants have come forward AND the pros won't support him I have to think it was bad.

Though Duncan James has left a supportive comment on his post - scratch that, FR is innocent!!
tbh that's kinda a murky area as well as everyone has a different threshold for what they consider 'lewd remarks' and an entertainment industry workplace is going to have different standards than the average office job. But if he has done anything truly unambigulously inappropriate that multiple celebs can attest to it's gonna look really bad that he was employed for 9 years and nothing was done. 😬

Anyway, I look forward to popping over to DS to read all about how poor Gio still can't speak English after 9 years and obviously only meant to tell Amanda her fleckerl was lovely and accidentally told her [redacted]

The crotch grabbing thing sounds like a dumb nothing story though. It sounds like they're just blowing that dumb Michael Jackson move I've seen practically all of the pros do on SM out of proportion.

An aside, but for the life of me I'll never understand the popularity of Michael Jackson. Even if you leave the allegations completely out of it, I've always thought most of his music and dancing was terrible. Like, ok, Smooth Criminal's catchy, but I swear all his songs just sound like the same unintelligible shrieking, and the dancing looks like someone having a seizure. I just don't get where the icon status comes from.
Yes, just thinking back to 2021 ( as that’s the series I was following more closely than others) , Rhys and Nancy’s training was insane , and no breaks. He mentioned it a lot. Aj broke down in tears frequently from the stress and long hours she did , the pair of them were two ultra competitive athletes who didn’t know when to stop until she ruptured her ankle. Kai admitted last year that they only brought in on set physios as a result of her injury, for the next series onwards. I do think Strictly need to look seriously at counselling and physical care of the celebs. I think the Amanda case will hopefully help with this.
On the other paragraph- I agree about Michael Jackson, and I went to see him live at his peak ( mate had a spare ticket) and was completely underwhelmed.

Last edited:
I know we said this on the threads at the time, but the body language between Giovanni and Amanada was quite strained.

I still remember one appearance on ITT where he had his hand firmly clasped on her knee, almost throughout the whole segment. I know they are all quite touchy feely and all of that, but this looked downright peculiar. It was like 'this is something we must do for the cameras.'

I have no strong feelings about him one way or the other, never had. If that's true about stamping on her foot, that's actually shocking stuff, imo.

Nobody is bigger than the show despite what his overly devoted fans might believe. The show will go on, and hopefully there will be better procedures in place, from now on, to protect everyone.

Reactions: 10
I've seen on FB some comments that Gio should have received an MBE too as he gave Rose her platform to raise awareness about deafness. Arduino needs to get one too, in that case!

Also, have we found the Govinni burner account??

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've seen on FB some comments that Gio should have received an MBE too as he gave Rose her platform to raise awareness about deafness. Arduino needs to get one too, in that case!

Can anyone translate that last comment for me from ‘Jean’ please?! WTH 🤣🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Poor Govinni and his barely legible English.

• Haha
I had an interesting talk with my mum who's only just catching up on the Gio news. She was most shocked to find out that he didn't solo choreograph 'The Dance' and that he didn't invent the silent bit. Bless her I felt like I had lifted the emerald curtain and exposed the Wizard of Oz afterwards.

Reactions: 6