Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hate is a strong word. I wouldn't say I hate anyone, especially not people off the telly I don't actually know. I think Dianne is overrated and I don't think the sun shines out of her arse, which makes you a jellus hatah according to her stans 🥴 She's OK in small doses 😅

I don't hate Dianne, but I just can't think what her and Joe actually talk about at home. "Check out this new Tiktok I've posted, babe!" "Where do clouds come from?"
Remembering a conversation they had on a vlog where Dianne came out with such corkers as "how do we know the Earth is round?" and "does the sun set into the sea?", I think Joe spends a lot of time explaining how things work to her :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hate is a strong word. I wouldn't say I hate anyone, especially not people off the telly I don't actually know. I think Dianne is overrated and I don't think the sun shines out of her arse, which makes you a jellus hatah according to her stans 🥴 She's OK in small doses
Exactly.
I found her a bit tiresome last time around but dislike her, absolutely not. Why would I, I don't know her except as a dancer on my tv screen on a Saturday night!

Reactions: 6
I definitely don't hate Dianne, I just find her quite childish for her age and therefore a bit annoying.

Also any kind of bias or unfairness grinds my gears a bit, and I think she is favoured by producers over other pros, seemingly because she has a bigger following on social media

Reactions: 11
Yeah I absolutely wish Dianne nothing but happiness in her life. I just wish that would all take place off my TV screen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
She hasn’t had the opportunity to build a fan base. She’s spent most of the time benched whereas Dianne always gets a partner and usually a good one too.
It’s a chicken-and-egg/vicious circle situation though. Dianne is presumably now undroppable due to her fan base and Luba is dispensable.
Did Dianne have such an ardent fan base pre-Sugg? I can’t remember

Reactions: 3
I definitely don't hate Dianne, I just find her quite childish for her age and therefore a bit annoying.

Also any kind of bias or unfairness grinds my gears a bit, and I think she is favoured by producers over other pros, seemingly because she has a bigger following on social media
I’ve just had a Google only to find she is 35 YEARS OLD! She looks older but acts so much younger.

Reactions: 5
I’ve just had a Google only to find she is 35 YEARS OLD! She looks older but acts so much younger.
I think that's partly why she was partnered with young Bobby last year, even though she had previously mentioned something about Tyler being so much taller than her, as being an issue.

By the end, Bobby was beginning to seem more mature than her at times. (I still don't dislike her though, just to be clear 🤣)

Reactions: 4
It’s a chicken-and-egg/vicious circle situation though. Dianne is presumably now undroppable due to her fan base and Luba is dispensable.
Did Dianne have such an ardent fan base pre-Sugg? I can’t remember
No she didn't. It was only her second year as a pro and she had gone out in week 3 in her first. She had 30k followers on Instagram when she was partnered with Joe and didn't know how YouTube worked. Six months later she had about 750k and started her own YouTube channel. She's also managed by Joe's social media management company.
I remember when the Dianne Beryls on DS lost their tit and cried misogyny when it was suggested that Dianne has benefited from her relationship with Joe, which I thought was weird considering they had watched it happen. But it's more nepotism, so many people on social media have got started by appearing in a more established creator's 'content'. Joe benefited from his sister being Zoella in the same way that Dianne benefited from Joe.
Now people are more obsessed with Dianne than with Joe, but she does cultivate that parasocial relationship more by replying to her stans and messaging them and making time for them at the thousandth stage door they go to.

(Excuse the essay response, I find influencer culture fascinating as much as I like to snark about it 😅)

Reactions: 11
I'm afraid I don't get the Luba hype. She's good in pro numbers but does nothing for me partnering a celeb.

Reactions: 1
No she didn't. It was only her second year as a pro and she had gone out in week 3 in her first. She had 30k followers on Instagram when she was partnered with Joe and didn't know how YouTube worked. Six months later she had about 750k and started her own YouTube channel. She's also managed by Joe's social media management company.
I remember when the Dianne Beryls on DS lost their tit and cried misogyny when it was suggested that Dianne has benefited from her relationship with Joe, which I thought was weird considering they had watched it happen. But it's more nepotism, so many people on social media have got started by appearing in a more established creator's 'content'. Joe benefited from his sister being Zoella in the same way that Dianne benefited from Joe.
Now people are more obsessed with Dianne than with Joe, but she does cultivate that parasocial relationship more by replying to her stans and messaging them and making time for them at the thousandth stage door they go to.

(Excuse the essay response, I find influencer culture fascinating as much as I like to snark about it 😅)
I’m fascinated by PR and Marketing ( nearly went down that route as a career) and especially how the press works, how they are briefed and what they choose to actually use.

I work along side PR people but I’m nothing to do with PR/Comms/Marketing/Media, it is interesting to observe. Good PR people will build good working relationships with the press and should be able to control narratives to certain extent. Strictly PR/press is fascinating and it must be a lot especially for the pros, I have always wondered if they get media training. A few could do with it.

I don't hate Dianne, but I just can't think what her and Joe actually talk about at home. "Check out this new Tiktok I've posted, babe!" "Where do clouds come from?"
There was a good one the other day, dianne thought shepherds were only about during Jesus times and Joe had to explain to her that they are still about today and that's what you call people who look after sheep. I pray to God she was hopefully only joking.

• Haha
I kinda of like Dianne just says what’s she thinking, without thinking. She and Bobby must have had some of the best conversations.
---
Also how does Shirls know lottie moss?

I'm a big fan of Carlos' lovely legs in his tiny little shorts. 😍🥰😍🥰 So cute. The most bizarre outfit though, that he strangely makes work, sort of.

Reactions: 2
Did Carlos just come out?! Or have I totally missed he’s openly said he’s gay before? I mean, I figured he was from his social media likes/follows alone but I didn’t think he was out out..

Did Carlos just come out?! Or have I totally missed he’s openly said he’s gay before? I mean, I figured he was from his social media likes/follows alone but I didn’t think he was out out..
His IG story mentions a desire to be a gay icon. I wouldn't say that necessarily means anything, but he definitely strikes me as someone in a glass closet type situation. It's notable that they never bothered shipping him & Molly despite both being young and single at the time...

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
He has definitely been easing his way out of the glass closet recently. His story last week where he was reworking his clothes he put on a shirt and said 'too "straight guy"'.

Good for him if he feels ready to come out on his own terms.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
He has definitely been easing his way out of the glass closet recently. His story last week where he was reworking his clothes he put on a shirt and said 'too "straight guy"'.

Good for him if he feels ready to come out on his own terms.
Yes I noticed that too. I mean it was obvious from the moment we first saw him, but he may have cultural barriers to overcome .

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Gio's brought out the insta girlfriend again on insta. DM reported on it but not allowing comments

I see on DS Amanda is getting a lot of criticism for leaking to the press (which tbf she does seem to be) whereas Gio is being upheld as a being above all that - which is a bit rich considering he appears to have some sort of arrangement with the DM (favourable coverage, leaks about how it was him who wanted the footage recorded etc etc)

Reactions: 5