Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lalalandx21

Chatty Member
Have none of gios fans ever considered he might actually be guilty of the accusations?

dancers are meant to be tough, yes, but not to the point people aren’t enjoying themselves especially on a show that is for entertainment. If he can’t tone his competitiveness down then it’s best he’s not on the show most likely. Just because the nations dullest princess and a bendy pensioner had a good experience doesn’t mean that others did

• Heart
Reactions: 12

whoareyoukidding

Chatty Member
Surely Gio didn't think he was getting someone good after winning? Male or female.

I know Gio supposedly lobbied for the same-sex pairing, but they really, really ought to have said to him "not the right fit this year, sorry". I wonder how it would have panned out if Gio had Kaye and Kai had Richie instead.
I suspect the only reason he lobbied for the same sex pairing was to feed his own ego.
I still think he enjoyed being paired with Rose because she was the first deaf celeb and it fed his ego that people could see how amazing he was taking these challenging pairings on. Unfortunately, him and Richie just didn’t get on. Presumably as Richie failed to rub Giovanni’s ego.

glasgow27

VIP Member
I don't think Jowita got that lucky with Hamza, his only real asset for me was that he was a surprisingly good dancer. There's no way in hell (IMO) that someone like Amy, Dianne, Karen or Nancy would have won with him. Katya, Oti & Lauren probably could have.

• Heart

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I reckon it was either stay and have the footage released or leave quietly and they'd bury the thing for him.

BDY_97

VIP Member
Yip people do seem to be abandoning Gio pretty quickly. I mean, even Pip Scofield's friends haven't dumped him and I'd say his actions are more unpalatable.

I think strictly will be poorer for the loss of Gio. And Johannes if he doesnt retirn. We're now left with a lot of dancers with little personality

But then I think that's how the producers like it. Its more about the daft costumes than the actual dancing.

I'll be booking the strictly legends show next week when I get paid. See some real ballroom/Latin dancing 😉😉😉
I haven’t seen one bit of personality from Gio on the show since 2021. Vito, Nikita, Carlos and most of the others have been much more entertaining to watch for me personally.

Those videos of Kai and Gio reminded me how much fun Kai was before, hopefully this year he gets someone younger who he can show off his talents with. Think people forget how brilliant his choreo was in his debut series with AJ.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I don’t think she got lucky with Hamza, he was extremely shy and I think it’s all down to her (Hamza frequently says so) that his talent and personality was brought out. I don’t think she really embodies Janette other than them both being tiny, imo she’s more of an Oti with the ability to produce a technically difficult routine (for the judges enjoyment) with some cool lifts/tricks (for the publics enjoyment).
Totally agree. I am a big fan of Jowita, I think she is fabulous, and she was perfect for partnering Hamza, a very unassuming, genuine soul.

diamondthunder

VIP Member
It’s really poir
It’s really poor to drag other forum user’s opinions like this and mock them. DS is just a little more mixed in opinions like Mumsnet. I quite like the debate quality and find some of the most perceptive posts on DS. Love this site, especially for the influencer cult shaming, but sometimes it does feel like a bit lacking in balance views.

Gio has never been a favourite but he has had some truly memorable partnerships and performances.

I do not find Amanda’s actions commendable in the slightest.

I can imagine that those live Saturday night performances must be TERRIFYING even for contestants with performance background. It would surely be so much easier to be with a more nurturing pro, even if they might not get the best from you.

Long hours rehearsing would be a slog with someone you found difficult too.

At the end of the day though: Is it worth ruining someone’s career over? I don’t care who the pro is, it’s set a bad precedent and unlikeable fools such as Stacey Dooley saying “women should be believed”?! Total conflation.

I may be totally wrong about the severity of accusations but we are already talking about “victims”. I think Amanda probably does have PTSD but not sure it’s Strictly that caused it. I think she was probably angry and still in shock when she joined the show. Another partner might have been in the firing line for other reasons.

Just does feel like a witch hunt.
The tabloids are sensationalizing it of course, I can understand calling that a bit witch-hunty, but the investigation itself is obviously the correct course of action. A workplace can't keep refusing to ignore mounting complaints. If the investigation finds he's done nothing wrong then it's Amanda's career that'll be ruined not his, so, whatever.

It's not like I'm mocking someone with a fair, balanced 'we don't really know anything, no one should be taking sides' kind of opinion. I'm quite comfortable mocking the most unhinged, deranged and just plain stupid comment in the whole thread though, thanks!

Come on, how can you do anything but fall over laughing at "It's a year since Rose and Gio won everyone's hearts with their performances. This never gets any mention in the tabloid's one sided allegations"? Yes, you're right, I'm sorry, when a choreographer of unparalleled genius wins a shiny plastic ball and a BAFTA all by himself *shoves Rose in a broom cupboard and kicks Arduino down the stairs* and is officially bestowed the title of World's Best Disability Advocate by his fans for *checks notes* teaching an Inspirational Deaf Girl to dance (his job that he was contractually obligated to do, and that several other pros have also done with disabled contestants) it totally should guarantee him immunity from having his career ruined (which it only will be, if he's actually found to have done something unacceptable.)

Also, how am I supposed to take seriously the opinion of someone who thinks Rose won a year ago? lmao even my ADHD warped perception of time isn't that far off! 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

gdw1910

Hamza is a sweetheart and I loved his partnership with Jowita. Also a sweetheart.
They're both so sweet and didn't even appear that bothered about winning, they just had the best time together hence why they're one of my favourite partnerships!

Ginnyjo

VIP Member
He had the air of a spoilt toddler from around the Richie timeframe. His behaviour in group shots was apparent to everyone, he was bored, over it, taking the piss a lot.
Negative comments about parts of the show he didn't partake in :( If the viewers notice it, I can't imagine how it was in person

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
In the spirit of keeping this thread about Strictly as a whole and not just Gio, I’ve just seen that Outnumbered is coming back for a Christmas special. All the kids are now grown up, it would be good timing to have one of them as a contestant :)
I'm voting for Tyger Drew-Honey, because the pearl clutchers clutching at his parents in the audience because they were adult performers. 😱😆

And also because Tyger is cute. 😆

posy

VIP Member
Gio must be getting nervous if he is going down the dog fashion accessory route. Adopt don’t shop.
If I were his PR team - I would have done the statement, turned off the comments and left it that. Or kept the comments on for a little bit, once received some of those awful ones about the complainants, then removed and turned off comments. Released another statement, thanking fans for all their support and love but then added that I didn’t tolerate any hate towards any party involved as I always come from a place of love and kindness.

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I honestly think Johannes is fine. The majority of the criticism of "not letting his partner shine" came from his dances with John, a more able partner where they were doing the same steps side by side. I don't recall anybody saying that with Auntie Cath, Ellie or Annabel when he was doing partner work.

I don't know what went wrong with Giofanny, really. The Rose era was enormous and I can see how it could inflate one's ego, but I truly believe his problem isn't ego but misogyny. He was never a nice person who respected women.

Geetbo

VIP Member
I doubt they can afford her once they've paid off Gio. Plus legal issues with her rider: not sure they can compel Vito to [redacted] every Saturday in her dressing room.
Yes true. We might need to lower our expectations to Maureen from Driving School.

• Haha

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I don’t think Gio is necessarily any more ambitious than any of the other pros. They haven’t got to where they are by not being competitive. The difference is that most of the others recognise that the show is not about them, it’s about getting the best out of their celeb partner and giving them a good experience.
Totally agree. They have to be competitive because that's what they do, compete, in most cases, since they were kids. But as you said, most of them recognise that Strictly is about the celebrity, and hopefully making it a good experience for them.

For me, it's as delightful to see someone like Tony Adams who looked absolutely petrified on his first night, to producing a very fun dance in the Full Monty at a later stage, as it is to watch a nailed on winner.

Krishnan was a joy to watch, because he loved the experience. Ryan Thomas was another in whom I could see great improvement and he really was exhausted, before he finished up. But he was loving it.

That's what it is all about.