Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

soccergirl

VIP Member
FR has gone to the Mail

“Behind the scenes at the BBC, many who work on Strictly are ‘gutted’ at his decision to leave. For months they stood by him. As well as being a star of the show, he is also close friends with many of the ‘Strictly family’.
One BBC employee tells me: ‘This series would be a lot more enjoyable for everyone if Gio was involved. There has been an immense amount of loyalty towards him from his BBC colleagues. We all thought it would go away but Amanda wasn’t going to let that happen. Nobody wanted this. Gio is adored by the show’s viewers.”

Sure Jan.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

gdw1910

Don’t pile on please. But can someone explain why you’re all so anti Gio?! I’ve always liked him, hes done some fabulous work with Faye from steps (sound of music lonely goat anyone?! Watching that it looks like Faye is the pro!!!!) his charleston with that lass from Corrie, and the couples choice with Rose to name a few. The press all seem to be reporting that nobody wants to come out and defend him because they don’t want to be seen “disbelieving women’s truth” I mean that’s fucking bull shit. And I say that as a woman who fully believes in equality, I work in a male dominated environment and confirm misogyny is very real. Help please 🥹
I agree with you that his work with Faye, Rose, Georgia have been brilliant but for me that doesn’t outweigh the lack of effort he put in with Richie, and this year since being eliminated. I was by no means a Richie fan but imo a pro shouldn’t just shun someone and not try because they don’t get on with them. It’s part of the deal, you should put in the same amount of effort with a Faye as you do a Richie (not that Richie was even bad!). Then this year he just seemed like he wasn’t arsed, and hasn’t supported any of the other pros at their individual tours or the Strictly tour. Personally I think the pros aren’t defending him because a) they don’t want to loose their jobs and b) why would you publicly support someone who doesn’t support you? Just my opinion though!

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Gio’s PR campaign steps up! 😂

He and his girlfriend of, oh, two months?, have bought (presumably) a cute puppy. Pretty irresponsible - hope they’ve got an ownership contract drawn up
It's funny that he probably pays a PR firm quite a lot of money every month and this is the best thing they can come up with. But yeah, he doesn't strike me as a dog person

posy

VIP Member
I would be more suspicious of Vito and Ellie if he wasn’t touchy feely. I wouldn’t be surprised if Vito has gone back to stay with Ellie and her family.

I’ve always wondered if Gio doesn’t want the footage released because I think he would have been snarky about other people during training. I think it is more than just his attitude towards A. He looked almost concerned that time when Claudia mentioned that Amanda had, had Ellie round for dinner etc. If he was willing to call Krishnan sh!t on his tour for a joke, then in private, I can imagine him saying all sorts things and then following up with just a joke. His fans think the pros should be supporting Gio, despite the fact that he hasn’t supported them since he won with Rose.

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
Sonebody on DM going 'remember what happened to.Caroline Flack' 🙄.
This is a very different situation.
Fed up of 'be kind' being wheeled out whenever anybody expresses a differing opinion.
But they are all being nasty to Amanda, Ranvir etc, it’s really annoying me. Amanda is probably the most vulnerable mental health wise. I hope she’s getting help.

Boogs

VIP Member
If they were so shocked by his behaviour that they forced him to apologise why the hell did they stand by him and throw the complainants to the wolves?

daisybrown

VIP Member
James Jordan was apparently on this morning and said that whilst he only knew what was reported in the press as 4 different people had come forward then theres no smoke without fire. The Facebook Beryls now hate him too.
I saw something on twitter - James is jealous because Gio is a better dancer and caring. I personally think they are both knobs!

• Haha

BDY_97

VIP Member
Had a dream last night that Ellie came back and was partnered with Gorka, meanwhile I was apparently a pro and was partnered with Erling Haaland 😂 If that’s the direction we are heading in then we could be in for a great series 😂

• Haha

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
I don’t get this - 2 Italians call themselves The Italians and this a swipe at Gio? I saw the comments on Facebook- they are smug, they need to watch their backs, they are jealous….
I don’t get it either. It’s not as if they called themselves “the only Italians that matter” or “the Italians not called Gio”

• Haha

posy

VIP Member
Layton is beautiful.

I have respect for Vito for being the only current pro for not following G on insta (even if it was G that unfollowed him first).
I’m also no fan of Amanda but good on her, for speaking up, anyone that feels they have been bullied ought to tell - isn’t that what we teach children?

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Lauren gets higher billing as a leading lady and probably better pay for Giovanni's tour. I don't blame her for carrying on with it, really.

Boogs

VIP Member
The only thing more disturbing than all the rabid Fanny Rat fans on Facebook are the ones who are saying that they hope this means Neil will get a partner.

• Haha
  • Sad

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Apparently Gio pushed to get a same sex partnership after seeing how well John and Jojo did. Sadly I don’t think Richie was the right kind of gay for Gio. He did really well in his quickstep but the reaction from Gio at the end spoke volumes. Richie excitedly goes to hug him but the first thing Gio does is turn his back to him and play to the crowd.
View attachment 2951188
Yes, absolutely 100% this.
I wasn’t a Ritchie fan, but he’s bonkers about Strictly and Gio treated him like complete shite, the snide bastard.

glasgow27

VIP Member
Surely Gio didn't think he was getting someone good after winning? Male or female.

I know Gio supposedly lobbied for the same-sex pairing, but they really, really ought to have said to him "not the right fit this year, sorry". I wonder how it would have panned out if Gio had Kaye and Kai had Richie instead.

Reactions: 12