Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree with all of the above. Apart from the delusional worship he attracted (especially on DS) I'd say a red flag for me was when he didn't thank the choreographers of the CC - he seemed determined to take all the credit (and his fans on DS going nuts when Arduino dared mention that he'd co-choregraphed it!)
Then his general arrogance, basically got high on his own supply, treated Richie like tit, bought bots, scowled at Vito and was clearly jealous, made sleazy comments in Italian about a girl's breasts..
The pros icing him out this year has basically confirmed my feelings that he's an arrogant tit.

Reactions: 13
It all started with Ranvir for me - that was one partnership too far where he played the 'flirty' act, in hindsight likely to cover up that they didn't get on. The Rose series was good but went to his head, the partnership with Richie was a disaster, acted totally above the show in the past 2 years and now all of this about how he's treated past celebs has come out.

Also gradually annoyed me more and more each year that he never got a duffer. I have to think now that was intentional.

Reactions: 8
His and Rose’ CC. I remember Gio saying he was surprised by the response because although the silent moment he knew would make an impact the choreography was simple/basic.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Yet his fans ignore all of this because he is kind to them and was amazing to Rose even if in the first week he pushed her so hard her ankles were so swollen she nearly didn’t dance - but don’t worry he carried around everywhere (because he had caused it!). I’m great believer in not judging someone but how they treat me but by how they treat everyone.
and from what I understand Rose had a person with her whenever they trained, so I would assume he understood not to be as brutal with people around.
There's being a hard perfectionist as a teacher and then there's being abusive, a god teacher in any field knows no 2 students are the same, and especially if it's 1 on 1 you adapt to what works for them to learn.

Reactions: 6
I think I’m in the minority as I’ve always thought Gio was arrogant and obnoxious. I never felt his interactions on strictly were authentic and it seemed like he was putting on an act. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Found this thread after reading a recent newspaper article.
1. Why does the thread call him fanny rat.
2. Is Anton not that nice either as the article said its telling that Anton is his best friend.

Having read the article comments all I could think was no wonder so many women don't report assaults and worse. It seemed beyond the people commenting to understand that people can act charming to some and nasty towards others or when not observed.

Reactions: 1
The only thing to take away the attention that Gio is getting from the press is if Rishi calls a general election for the summer, in which case I will be suspicious that Rishi is Gio biggest fan and perhaps is Lady Lav.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The only thing to take away the attention that Gio is getting from the press is if Rishi calls a general election for the summer, in which case I will be suspicious that Rishi is Gio biggest fan and perhaps is Lady Lav.
In which case, he's clocking in less hours as PM than Boris! LadyLav's Gio promotion was a full, full time job.

• Haha
Umm, do you have secret information? Sky are saying 4th July!

He didn’t choreograph any of those routines mentioned, or even his shows.
I also noted from some videos that the choreography his teaches in his lessons when he uses proud Mary seems very similar to the group number on Strictly.
---
Umm, do you have secret information? Sky are saying 4th July!
Ha - no - just a bit of political geek.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Thanks all for your comments, what a shame, I missed the year he danced with Richie for various reasons I won’t bore you with, but I remember reading about it, were they the first same sex partnership?! If so you’d have thought he’d have made extra effort to make it work. Him and his girlfriend gushing all over insta has put me right off him anyway. Ick 🥴

Found this thread after reading a recent newspaper article.
1. Why does the thread call him fanny rat.
2. Is Anton not that nice either as the article said its telling that Anton is his best friend.

Having read the article comments all I could think was no wonder so many women don't report assaults and worse. It seemed beyond the people commenting to understand that people can act charming to some and nasty towards others or when not observed.
1: it was a quote from a comment on a Daily Mail article on one of his love interests, where someone said that he was 'like a rat up a fanny', which has a certain poetic force.
2: I don't have much opinion on Anton. Not really a fan of his schtick, he seems fairly well liked by everyone though, and the worst thing he did was that racist slur years ago. Not sure how close they really are outside of their shows - Gio is only ever seen with his stylist and a few random Italian blokes these days. I think Anton is pretty savvy and will navigate the whole thing. He'll only be in difficulty if something really incontrovertibly bad comes out about FR and he has to decide how to play it.

Reactions: 2
Thanks all for your comments, what a shame, I missed the year he danced with Richie for various reasons I won’t bore you with, but I remember reading about it, were they the first same sex partnership?! If so you’d have thought he’d have made extra effort to make it work. Him and his girlfriend gushing all over insta has put me right off him anyway. Ick 🥴
No, there had been Nicola Adams (although she had to pull out due to Covid) and John already. I think that Gio was expecting somebody more like John to be honest and didn't like Richie. Personally I find Richie incredibly annoying and can't stand him on the Radio or the TV that he's crept into but he is a big fan and was trying so deserved better.

Reactions: 6

No, they weren't the first same sex partnership - the third, I believe? I think he expected a really good partner like Johannes got with John but when he realised Richie wasn't hot or much of a dancer, he stopped trying and treated Richie like dirt.

Reactions: 9
Apparently Gio pushed to get a same sex partnership after seeing how well John and Jojo did. Sadly I don’t think Richie was the right kind of gay for Gio. He did really well in his quickstep but the reaction from Gio at the end spoke volumes. Richie excitedly goes to hug him but the first thing Gio does is turn his back to him and play to the crowd.
IMG_7392.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Gio and Gino are nearly interchangeable for me for the fakeness and ego these days

Reactions: 4
Surely Gio didn't think he was getting someone good after winning? Male or female.

I know Gio supposedly lobbied for the same-sex pairing, but they really, really ought to have said to him "not the right fit this year, sorry". I wonder how it would have panned out if Gio had Kaye and Kai had Richie instead.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.