Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh. It's in the Star, but it's an 'exclusive'
Our insider added: “Execs aren’t planning to do any more projects with Giovanni. They don’t want to commission shows that will be dogged by scandal.”

Reactions: 2
I think Gio was meant to fill the whole Vincent left, the cheeky slightly flirty Italian and after a couple of seasons this went to 'his head'.
As others have already said SCD is about the celebs journey/ experience with the pro being more in the background and I for one have criticised Johannes, for example, not toning down his ability in his first few seasons so his celeb can shine more against his skill.

I think Gio was meant to fill the whole Vincent left, the cheeky slightly flirty Italian and after a couple of seasons this went to 'his head'.
As others have already said SCD is about the celebs journey/ experience with the pro being more in the background and I for one have criticised Johannes, for example, not toning down his ability in his first few seasons so his celeb can shine more against his skill.
Vito is far more like Vincent, they are fun, cheeky personalities who don't take themselves too seriously. Gio might have been flirty, but his personality was otherwise a mix of ego and machismo.

Reactions: 6
I think the BBC was slow to react to Amanda A was because they had invested in Gio as a breakout star from SCD. He was given the show with Anton, that cheese fest, but there were probably more jobs being lined up.

Like someone said upthread, I never bought into him. His niceness seemed an act to me.

Reactions: 11
I honestly think Johannes is fine. The majority of the criticism of "not letting his partner shine" came from his dances with John, a more able partner where they were doing the same steps side by side. I don't recall anybody saying that with Auntie Cath, Ellie or Annabel when he was doing partner work.

I don't know what went wrong with Giofanny, really. The Rose era was enormous and I can see how it could inflate one's ego, but I truly believe his problem isn't ego but misogyny. He was never a nice person who respected women.

Reactions: 12
Or did they just cancel it because it was tit?

In one of the articles I’ve read recently it said something like ‘Gio has always been the light of his parents life and always will be.’ I think he is an over indulged kid who has grown into a narcissistic man who only thinks of his own needs as he always expects to get his own way.

Reactions: 8
With the travel show up for an NTA, the fact it had good ratings and that Gio seems to have a lot of public support, if it has been cancelled Im suspicious, the BBC don’t think they can save him. Also where does that leave Anton as a judge considering he has tour coming up next month with Gio.
---
Will Lauren have to make a choice about being his leading lady or being a pro?

Reactions: 5
With the travel show up for an NTA, the fact it had good ratings and that Gio seems to have a lot of public support, if it has been cancelled Im suspicious, the BBC don’t think they can save him. Also where does that leave Anton as a judge considering he has tour coming up next month with Gio.
Omg, if this takes Giofanny and Anton out of Strictly in one fell swoop it'll be like Christmas.

Dianne too please

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Off topic but I'm dying at this comment on the article about his puppy 'Bark twice if you want us to call the RSPCA Roxy' 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
If I were TPTB, I'd be saying to both Anton & Lauren to not work with Gio any more from September onwards or their appearances on SCD will be reduced.

Reactions: 6
Will Lauren have to make a choice about being his leading lady or being a pro?
I doubt it, I assume she'd already signed contracts to do his shows this year, and it's not her fault. I wonder if she might try and bow out of his tour next year after all this has come out.

Reactions: 7
MUST! SHAVE! OFF! THAT! bleeping! TACHE!

Have a wonderful time and try not to get arrested for public indecency 😘
The tache really needs to go.

Also somebody needs to stop Carlos helping himself to Dianne's box dye.
---
The guys are all just so hot. And I always knew Carlos was the twinkiest dancer ever, but Christ, his waist is so tiny and sexy little abs.

The arses are stretching trousers. And clothing is in far too much use.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Or did they just cancel it because it was tit?

In one of the articles I’ve read recently it said something like ‘Gio has always been the light of his parents life and always will be.’ I think he is an over indulged kid who has grown into a narcissistic man who only thinks of his own needs as he always expects to get his own way.
Though he left home at 14 to go to dance school - that has got to be difficult. He seems almost entirely motivated by money, has no other interests except work and spending money etc. Maybe his background made him desperate to be a big success. But Graz also has a humble Sicilian background and has stayed true to himself, working hard and being ambitious but being kind and pleasant.

I peeked into the AT on DS there to see what was being said - very subdued without LadyLav anyway (I fear the worst for her). Someone said "I am disappointed with certain pros who benefitted from their friendship with Gio e.g. Kai, Lauren etc who have remained silent. Vito benefitted from his Italian connection with him during his first year"
a) doesn't it make you think, if people close to him won't support him? and b) how did Vito benefit from him? they were never friends!

Though he left home at 14 to go to dance school - that has got to be difficult. He seems almost entirely motivated by money, has no other interests except work and spending money etc. Maybe his background made him desperate to be a big success. But Graz also has a humble Sicilian background and has stayed true to himself, working hard and being ambitious but being kind and pleasant.

I peeked into the AT on DS there to see what was being said - very subdued without LadyLav anyway (I fear the worst for her). Someone said "I am disappointed with certain pros who benefitted from their friendship with Gio e.g. Kai, Lauren etc who have remained silent. Vito benefitted from his Italian connection with him during his first year"
a) doesn't it make you think, if people close to him won't support him? and b) how did Vito benefit from him? they were never friends!
"benefitted from his Italian connection" all sounds a bit

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I doubt it, I assume she'd already signed contracts to do his shows this year, and it's not her fault. I wonder if she might try and bow out of his tour next year after all this has come out.
It’s not her fault at all, I really like Lauren and hope she’s get a celeb again. Just the tour is going to be bang in the middle of any outcome I’m guessing, the BBC will want everything tied up and over with, within the next month. Especially if they haven’t signed all the celebs up yet, at the moment who’s going to want go on it?

I don't think anybody should be blaming Lauren - a job's a job and she has a good gig on Gio's tour. We don't know what the pro tour pays in relation to it but I'd be almost certain it's considerably more. For all we know, Gio's tour will be cancelled too depending on the outcome.
---
It’s not her fault at all, I really like Lauren and hope she’s get a celeb again. Just the tour is going to be bang in the middle of any outcome I’m guessing, the BBC will want everything tied up and over with, within the next month. Especially if they haven’t signed all the celebs up yet, at the moment who’s going to want go on it?
I certainly wouldn't! I think the show needs some strict guidelines and regulations, probably an independent party in the rehearsal room at all times.

Last edited:
Good grief, I've seen it all. Someone on Facebook comparing what's happening to Gio to Philip Schofield's 'cancellation'. Such a ringing endorsement to be lumped in with Phil!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Good grief, I've seen it all. Someone on Facebook comparing what's happening to Gio to Philip Schofield's 'cancellation'. Such a ringing endorsement to be lumped in with Phil!
bleeping hell as much as I’m not a Gio fan even I wouldn’t go that far 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.