Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This isn’t quite correct, Kai lived with Gio Jan-August 2021 - they weren’t flatmates during actual Strictly.

So basically he's got Anton (maybe) and Jamie Laing? The DM had a piece about him today that basically had an 'insider' saying he'd changed as he got more famous (duh) and that he didn't have many friends except Anton.
Whatever happened to that awful Aaron of Gola fame? he seems to have disappeared.

Hi @Elleyunsun! the drama!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So basically he's got Anton (maybe) and Jamie Laing? The DM had a piece about him today that basically had an 'insider' saying he'd changed as he got more famous (duh) and that he didn't have many friends except Anton.
Whatever happened to that awful Aaron of Gola fame? he seems to have disappeared.

Hi @Elleyunsun! the drama!
literally ran back here for everyone’s takes 😅

Reactions: 1
I've just seen a comment that Gio is the next Diana or Kate with the way he's being bullied by the press.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
awww... wouldn't it be great to get into bed with a cute teddy and a big jar of nutella and a vito?? 💓

• Heart
Reactions: 5
#bekind (this does not apply to Gio when he is training some poor celeb for a fun dance show)
I have seen so many references to Caroline Flack from Gio fans as they slate all the women who are lazy, jealous, scorned etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Not surprised he's changed. You could tell he had the way he acted with Debbie. There's been a few that have been similar.

Has any pro who has left Strictly done well? Kevin has done bugger all, James and Ola carried on being arseholes, AJ did a couple of reality shows and nothing more, Brendan did one series of Dancing on Ice and Oti did that awful singing show and then got knocked up.

Maybe Neil does know best. Take the scraps and carry on getting paid.

Reactions: 4
Not surprised he's changed. You could tell he had the way he acted with Debbie. There's been a few that have been similar.

Has any pro who has left Strictly done well? Kevin has done bugger all, James and Ola carried on being arseholes, AJ did a couple of reality shows and nothing more, Brendan did one series of Dancing on Ice and Oti did that awful singing show and then got knocked up.

Maybe Neil does know best. Take the scraps and carry on getting paid.
Depends on what you view as successful. Pretty much nobody has made it in showbiz (after all, they are yesterday's men/women), but many have pursued projects out of the public eye like dance schools and running businesses (usually related to dance).

Reactions: 5
Kevin has done bugger all
To be fair Kevin and Joanne have worked pretty much consistently in musicals since leaving, which is not easy to do and really well for people who you'd expect to be a one time stunt cast and done.

Oti probably has been the most successful, followed by Janette and Tristan has done well in Australia. And poor Aljaz got his part in the Matilda movie cut.

Reactions: 10
Tristan did well getting 2 series judging the Australian DWTS and then a 3 year hosting gig on a morning show (seemed like the Aussie version of Morning Live), but that got cancelled last year. Maybe his stint on the Australian I'm A Celeb will be another career boost.

I wonder about Oti, ITV are surely going to ditch her if/when DOI gets cancelled. Her contract with ITV must be up soon-ish and she's had a lot of cancelled shows, albeit not necessarily her fault. Perhaps she can head back to Strictly to judge or something. Motsi's recently had a multi-year contract extension at Let's Dance Germany, so she can afford to drop Strictly.

Last edited:
The network that employed Tristan on that morning show in Australia kept him on, covering sports. Looked it up: "The former dancer is now a sideline reporter for the A-League at the network."

No idea what the "A-League" is though, but I've seen him at men's and women's soccer games, with a microphone.

I wonder about Oti, ITV are surely going to ditch her if/when DOI gets cancelled. Her contract with ITV must be up soon-ish and she's had a lot of cancelled shows, albeit not necessarily her fault. Perhaps she can head back to Strictly to judge or something. Motsi's recently had a multi-year contract extension at Let's Dance Germany, so she can afford to drop Strictly.
I could see Oti replacing Motsi as a judge at some point. With Motsi’s family in Germany and her flying out every Saturday, I imagine at some point she might mutually agree with producers to leave. Some of the older pros might not be keen on being judged by Oti though.

I could see Oti replacing Motsi as a judge at some point. With Motsi’s family in Germany and her flying out every Saturday, I imagine at some point she might mutually agree with producers to leave. Some of the older pros might not be keen on being judged by Oti though.
The older pros don’t seem to have a problem with Anton judging them so why would they have an issue with Oti?

Reactions: 9
I wonder how she feels about it now. Though I am sure his fanbase will be even more zealous in attending!
Yeah - that's what Brendan thought!!!

Even Anton's tours aren't playing the bigger theatres he played when him and Erin were dancing on Strictly.

I think Gio is in for a hard reality check. And I'm a Gio fan!!!

My main issue is that now legal action has been launched (or at least threatened) you might find it'll be settled and we'll never know truth.

Gio will be tarnished as an abuser. And Amanda will continue to be known as a problematic person. (I don't have any issues with her views - I've just never liked her because of the tax thing - most of us get no choice paying our taxes)

I think the BBC bears a lot of responsibility for this situation. I mean if reports if Gio's behaviour have gone back so long, why weren't they intervening years ago?

Reactions: 11
The older pros don’t seem to have a problem with Anton judging them so why would they have an issue with Oti?
I just thought that since Anton has been there since the beginning whereas Oti joined after a few of the current pros (I mainly meant FR lol)

Reactions: 1
Latest from the DM. It's obv from an FR source and says the producers downplayed her complaints and even laughed about it? They weren't fussed because she didn't make an official complaint apparently.

This made me laugh:
For now, at least, Pernice does have some firm and loyal allies. Judge Anton du Beke — a close friend with whom he has filmed the BBC's Anton & Giovanni's Adventures in Sicily and Spain — is said to be supporting him behind the scenes. Strictly's head of make-up, Ant McPartlin's ex-wife Lisa Armstrong, also appears to be 'Team Gio': she made her feelings on the matter clear when she 'liked' his online post defending himself.
So his business partner and Lisa from make-up. #loyalallies

Latest from the DM. It's obv from an FR source and says the producers downplayed her complaints and even laughed about it? They weren't fussed because she didn't make an official complaint apparently.
I feel like this could be true tbf. I imagine the bbc would’ve just brushed Amanda off when she first raised concerns, and are now bricking it since she’s taking legal action

Reactions: 10
I just thought that since Anton has been there since the beginning whereas Oti joined after a few of the current pros (I mainly meant FR lol)
Oti who won twice in her 7 years on the show. Anton got to the final twice in 17 series.

Urm, ok. Whatever you think 🙄 🤢

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.