Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I keep seeing the Gio defenders now saying "he's Italian" to excuse his temper.

I mean, imagine human golden retriever, fellow Italian Graz ever saying a harsh word to anyone!

1000014441.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Surely Gio didn't think he was getting someone good after winning? Male or female.

I know Gio supposedly lobbied for the same-sex pairing, but they really, really ought to have said to him "not the right fit this year, sorry". I wonder how it would have panned out if Gio had Kaye and Kai had Richie instead.
I suspect the only reason he lobbied for the same sex pairing was to feed his own ego.
I still think he enjoyed being paired with Rose because she was the first deaf celeb and it fed his ego that people could see how amazing he was taking these challenging pairings on. Unfortunately, him and Richie just didn’t get on. Presumably as Richie failed to rub Giovanni’s ego.

Reactions: 12
I think after seeing how close John and Jojo got Gio wanted to be the first same sex winner. He expected another John and got excitable, goofy, Strictly super fan, Richie. After I looked at their quickstep on YouTube earlier their CCC came up followed by Layton and Nikita’s. Richies CCC was cheesy and fun but Gio barely touched him during the routine. It was a sharp contrast to the flirty, cheeky CCC Nikita choreographed.

I don’t think Gio is necessarily any more ambitious than any of the other pros. They haven’t got to where they are by not being competitive. The difference is that most of the others recognise that the show is not about them, it’s about getting the best out of their celeb partner and giving them a good experience.

Reactions: 7
I saw a comment saying they should be putting in 16 hour days. I'm sorry but no celeb should be putting in 16 hour days training no matter how much they want to win. They're not training for a World Championships but a 90 second routine on a light entertainment show. And beyond a certain number of hours you become less productive. We've seen far too many injuries.

Also how does someone with no dancing talent and not wanting to work hard pull off that awful fanny muncher lift in week 2. As vomit inducing as it was.

Reactions: 15
Apparently Gio pushed to get a same sex partnership after seeing how well John and Jojo did. Sadly I don’t think Richie was the right kind of gay for Gio. He did really well in his quickstep but the reaction from Gio at the end spoke volumes. Richie excitedly goes to hug him but the first thing Gio does is turn his back to him and play to the crowd.
View attachment 2951188
Yes, absolutely 100% this.
I wasn’t a Ritchie fan, but he’s bonkers about Strictly and Gio treated him like complete shite, the snide bastard.

Reactions: 13
Also how does someone with no dancing talent and not wanting to work hard pull off that awful fanny muncher lift in week 2. As vomit inducing as it was.
I was very disappointed at how good she was as I didn't like her or Gio. The same people who are saying she is lazy and a tit dancer would have been the ones saying they were going to win before she left.

Reactions: 10
Exactly.
Graz is such a gentle soul. And he is such a cheerleader for everyone else.
On Dianne's vlog the other day her and Vito were laughing about how many times a day Graz video-calls his wife. He's such a sweetie.

Gio and Richie's QS was actually really good. He had real potential. I know they were scuppered by the awful costumes for the musicals week number, but if Gio wasn't already telegraphing he disliked Richie people might have voted for them.
Much worse celebs were being saved by the public (and to think Shirley wanted to save that samba over Fleur and Vito's perfectly nice AS! and Vito would never have blossomed if he'd been booted out so soon..)

ETA: FR is fighting back
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tigation-conduct-trained-Strictly-celebs.html

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I do believe that he really doesn’t believe he has done something wrong as that is the environment he grew up in and if no one who’s opinion that he trusted told him that perhaps he ought tone it down, then he won’t know any better. Think this is going to be a difficult case to prove either way.

I don’t think Gio is necessarily any more ambitious than any of the other pros. They haven’t got to where they are by not being competitive. The difference is that most of the others recognise that the show is not about them, it’s about getting the best out of their celeb partner and giving them a good experience.
Totally agree. They have to be competitive because that's what they do, compete, in most cases, since they were kids. But as you said, most of them recognise that Strictly is about the celebrity, and hopefully making it a good experience for them.

For me, it's as delightful to see someone like Tony Adams who looked absolutely petrified on his first night, to producing a very fun dance in the Full Monty at a later stage, as it is to watch a nailed on winner.

Krishnan was a joy to watch, because he loved the experience. Ryan Thomas was another in whom I could see great improvement and he really was exhausted, before he finished up. But he was loving it.

That's what it is all about.

Reactions: 12
I do believe that he really doesn’t believe he has done something wrong as that is the environment he grew up in and if no one who’s opinion that he trusted told him that perhaps he ought tone it down, then he won’t know any better. Think this is going to be a difficult case to prove either way.
Same. I wonder if the BBC will just make it go away - settle with Amanda, get him to leave, presenting it as his own choice..

I can't believe Amanda's entire case is 'he stepped on my foot'.. If so, of course the BBC didn't take it seriously. More likely, he's muddying the waters publicly. Presumably the other 2 women have their own complaints..

Reactions: 4
I bet that the person saying they should do 16 hour training days probably can't walk up a few flights of stairs.

Giovanni's show with Anton has been axed with the allegations stated as the reason why! BBC are apparently keen to cut all ties with him.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.