Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Latest from the DM. It's obv from an FR source and says the producers downplayed her complaints and even laughed about it? They weren't fussed because she didn't make an official complaint apparently.

This made me laugh:

So his business partner and Lisa from make-up. #loyalallies
Gio burning his bridges is excellent, honestly. As is having to assert Anton supports him behind the scenes, since Anton isn't interested in doing so publicly (though I guess the joint tour will oblige him to do so at some point)

Reactions: 5
I really think we ought to get paid for providing stories for the papers I swear this was said on here:
---
Interestingly Gio has had a clear out of his insta follows ahead of these allegations - he def knew sh!t would hit the fan. I believe he no longer follows the owner/manager of Dear Darling Mayfair in London - possibly trying to make his image come across as a lovely Italian with pretty girlfriend and cute puppy. I like looking at insta follows - helps me decide if I should follow the person.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Not surprised he's changed. You could tell he had the way he acted with Debbie. There's been a few that have been similar.

Has any pro who has left Strictly done well? Kevin has done bugger all, James and Ola carried on being arseholes, AJ did a couple of reality shows and nothing more, Brendan did one series of Dancing on Ice and Oti did that awful singing show and then got knocked up.

Maybe Neil does know best. Take the scraps and carry on getting paid.
I would say Kevin has done pretty well. Every time I have a look at his instagram heā€™s doing some type of theatre show so thatā€™s obviously the avenue he chose to go down, smart move because itā€™s guaranteed work for long periods of time.

Reactions: 17
Stacey D not friends with Gio but happy to comment sheā€™s going to see D&Vs show. What did G do to the Cliftons. How many people has he upset, behind the scenes. I just hope Strictly as a whole can ride the storm.
---
Have the BBC asked Vito to try and distract strictly fans, he has ramped up his topless insta stories - for which I thank him.

Reactions: 6
I really think we ought to get paid for providing stories for the papers I swear this was said on here:
---
Interestingly Gio has had a clear out of his insta follows ahead of these allegations - he def knew sh!t would hit the fan. I believe he no longer follows the owner/manager of Dear Darling Mayfair in London - possibly trying to make his image come across as a lovely Italian with pretty girlfriend and cute puppy. I like looking at insta follows - helps me decide if I should follow the person.
I donā€™t get this - 2 Italians call themselves The Italians and this a swipe at Gio? I saw the comments on Facebook- they are smug, they need to watch their backs, they are jealousā€¦.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I donā€™t get this - 2 Italians call themselves The Italians and this a swipe at Gio? I saw the comments on Facebook- they are smug, they need to watch their backs, they are jealousā€¦.
I donā€™t get it either. Itā€™s not as if they called themselves ā€œthe only Italians that matterā€ or ā€œthe Italians not called Gioā€

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Gio is the peopleā€™s prince.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I would say Kevin has done pretty well. Every time I have a look at his instagram heā€™s doing some type of theatre show so thatā€™s obviously the avenue he chose to go down, smart move because itā€™s guaranteed work for long periods of time.
Yes, Kevin and Stacey both seem to get plenty of work. Plus they have their little daughter so Iā€™m sure they base their schedules around her. Iā€™m sure that works out better than Kevin being tied to Strictly for however many months of the year. I know a lot of posters donā€™t like Kevin, but I saw him in Singing in the Rain and thought he was great.

Reactions: 10
---
Lol, the ā€˜italiansā€™ comment was me yesterday. I reckon Gio will have to delete most of his follows going by how many instababes there have been šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
---
Stacey D not friends with Gio but happy to comment sheā€™s going to see D&Vs show. What did G do to the Cliftons. How many people has he upset, behind the scenes. I just hope Strictly as a whole can ride the storm.
---
Have the BBC asked Vito to try and distract strictly fans, he has ramped up his topless insta stories - for which I thank him.
I suspect itā€™s something to do with 1) Joanne being an ex 2) possibly Jowita related? J very much part of the Burn the Floor family, like Kevin and Joanne.
---
Yes, Kevin and Stacey both seem to get plenty of work. Plus they have their little daughter so Iā€™m sure they base their schedules around her. Iā€™m sure that works out better than Kevin being tied to Strictly for however many months of the year. I know a lot of posters donā€™t like Kevin, but I saw him in Singing in the Rain and thought he was great.
Yes, Kevin and Joanne both doing very well in Musical Theatre. Both have worked non stop since leaving Strictly.

Reactions: 5
I suspect itā€™s something to do with 1) Joanne being an ex 2) possibly Jowita related? J very much part of the Burn the Floor family, like Kevin and Joanne.
---
Yes, Kevin and Joanne both doing very well in Musical Theatre. Both have worked non stop since leaving Strictly.
Kevin is a Vito fan too - last season he posted a comment about Vito being one of the best dancers and teachers ever on Strictly. I imagine FR wasn't pleased.
If journos are reading here - do a deep dive on the 'stupid cow' video! we need the truth!

At least he's self-aware

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Donā€™t pile on please. But can someone explain why youā€™re all so anti Gio?! Iā€™ve always liked him, hes done some fabulous work with Faye from steps (sound of music lonely goat anyone?! Watching that it looks like Faye is the pro!!!!) his charleston with that lass from Corrie, and the couples choice with Rose to name a few. The press all seem to be reporting that nobody wants to come out and defend him because they donā€™t want to be seen ā€œdisbelieving womenā€™s truthā€ I mean thatā€™s bleeping bull tit. And I say that as a woman who fully believes in equality, I work in a male dominated environment and confirm misogyny is very real. Help please šŸ„¹

Reactions: 3
Donā€™t pile on please. But can someone explain why youā€™re all so anti Gio?! Iā€™ve always liked him, hes done some fabulous work with Faye from steps (sound of music lonely goat anyone?! Watching that it looks like Faye is the pro!!!!) his charleston with that lass from Corrie, and the couples choice with Rose to name a few. The press all seem to be reporting that nobody wants to come out and defend him because they donā€™t want to be seen ā€œdisbelieving womenā€™s truthā€ I mean thatā€™s bleeping bull tit. And I say that as a woman who fully believes in equality, I work in a male dominated environment and confirm misogyny is very real. Help please šŸ„¹
Personally I started going off him a bit in 2021 (he did well with Rose but there was a bit of an arrogance about it all) but completely went off him the following year. I thought he behaved really poorly with Richie, just looking like he didn't want to engage with him or even stand close to him a lot of the time

I thought he was great in 2017 with Debbie and seemed to really enjoy being on Strictly then, but the last couple of years, he just looks like he's actively resented being there

ETA: sorry, the bit in bold - I'm a bit confused. Why would that be BS? It seems pretty plausible that other pros don't want to say thing because they don't want to make assumptions or pick sides when they might not know what went on

Personally I started going off him a bit in 2021 (he did well with Rose but there was a bit of an arrogance about it all) but completely went off him the following year. I thought he behaved really poorly with Richie, just looking like he didn't want to engage with him or even stand close to him a lot of the time

I thought he was great in 2017 with Debbie and seems to really enjoy being on Strictly then, but the last couple of years, he just looks like he's actively resented being there
Same, pretty much all of the above for me too. I listen to R2 on my commute so had a lot of goodwill towards Richie, especially with him being so excited to take part as a huge fan of the show. FRā€™s treatment of him put me right off and itā€™s been downhill from there.

Reactions: 16
For me I liked Gio until Ritchie but his body language and attitude towards him came across as not even wanting to hide the fact he couldnā€™t stand him it made me feel uncomfortable. Then he seemed to come across as being above Strictly, followed by his comment that he didnā€™t care about not being in the group numbers as thatā€™s when everyone makes their cup of tea - which comes across as saying he thinks they are rubbish. That to me is disrespectful to the choreographers etc. Then last series, his thunder face whenever Vito is on, followed by not congratulating the winners, then you have the whole Lauren may stayed in longer than him but she still had a sh!t partner, sold as a joke but still disrespectful to Krishnan and he knew it isnā€™t a good thing to say as he followed up with I said this would be edgy. For me itā€™s whole attitude since he won with Rose.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
It's not about his dancing and his choreography and good routines he's produced, it's about the attitude and way he is apparently treating celebs that is the issue.

Reactions: 16
He does not seem to want to be there. He bailed on the pro dances last year and went filming instead. He made a negative comment about them. He was rude about Krishnan. He does not engage with the show on social media or the other pros.

I also fully believe he is hard to work with. If one person say it then it might be them but not when 3 people are saying it (plus others).

I agree with you that his work with Faye, Rose, Georgia have been brilliant but for me that doesnā€™t outweigh the lack of effort he put in with Richie, and this year since being eliminated. I was by no means a Richie fan but imo a pro shouldnā€™t just shun someone and not try because they donā€™t get on with them. Itā€™s part of the deal, you should put in the same amount of effort with a Faye as you do a Richie (not that Richie was even bad!). Then this year he just seemed like he wasnā€™t arsed, and hasnā€™t supported any of the other pros at their individual tours or the Strictly tour. Personally I think the pros arenā€™t defending him because a) they donā€™t want to loose their jobs and b) why would you publicly support someone who doesnā€™t support you? Just my opinion though!

Reactions: 13
He had the air of a spoilt toddler from around the Richie timeframe. His behaviour in group shots was apparent to everyone, he was bored, over it, taking the piss a lot.
Negative comments about parts of the show he didn't partake in :( If the viewers notice it, I can't imagine how it was in person

Reactions: 12
He had the air of a spoilt toddler from around the Richie timeframe. His behaviour in group shots was apparent to everyone, he was bored, over it, taking the piss a lot.
Negative comments about parts of the show he didn't partake in :( If the viewers notice it, I can't imagine how it was in person
Yet his fans ignore all of this because he is kind to them and was amazing to Rose even if in the first week he pushed her so hard her ankles were so swollen she nearly didnā€™t dance - but donā€™t worry he carried around everywhere (because he had caused it!). Iā€™m great believer in not judging someone but how they treat me but by how they treat everyone.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.