Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

soccergirl

VIP Member
Just had a thought that 28th July is around when the pros start for Strictly isn’t it? Or at least they started meeting up again around that time last year. Maybe Kai will be busy doing Strictly and Gio isn’t involved?
Last year they started on 24th July. 28th is a Sunday but it’s possible they’ve just found out they’ll be rehearsing that day too.

Reactions: 1

Blue_ocean

VIP Member
W

Whats mystery blocked lines
Something went wrong with their phone lines apparently during voting noone could get through.
I didn't vote back then and only do if it's deserved but that was the week they were eliminated and dianne had a meltdown crying and shaking.
They were also stitched up with the worst costume, dance and set clashing and awful music although that's the usual.
Strange coincidence.

Blue_ocean

VIP Member
New male pro then?
Let's hope so
Nothing against Neil but someone has to keep the bench warm
Better him than one of the decent ones.
I would imagine Amy will be beside him so as not to rush straight into things too quickly
Perhaps Michelle will be paired this year 🤔

daisybrown

VIP Member
You could see the physical and mental toll that it took on Ellie and Layton by the final last year (I don’t include Bobby as he was so laid back) as they were working so hard. However they both formed really strong friendships with their pros that seem to be ongoing. It’s almost as if you can work hard but still have fun and be kind to each other at the same time. I really do think Gio could learn a few things from the newer pros who don’t think it’s all about them.
I get what you are saying. Yes it will take a toll, physically and mentally. However, I don’t think this pressure was from their partner but more a personal desire to do well and progress. As you say, both have close ongoing relationships with their pros.

Aisleseat

Chatty Member
I see that the next Ballando class is with Kai instead of Pasquale. I wonder was he dropped or did he decide to leave of his own accord

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
I feel mean for piling on Kai but omg, I just died laughing when I saw this photo on Nadiya's Instagram

View attachment 2974456

How the hell does he not look any younger than the 59 year old duffer who did the same routine on the German one this year? 😂

IMG_0389.jpeg

I find it hard to believe it’s the same boy sometimes.
---
IMG_0390.jpeg

I just cracked up laughing at this one too, and the fact Nadiya chose to use that as the first photo.

glasgow27

VIP Member
Anyway, if Chris is in, then that's a no thank you to Mollie Pearce after all. Maybe another year.

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
I've only really seen him on Have I Got News For You, but I like him, he's a good laugh. Will be a different challenge for his pro.

soccergirl

VIP Member
I like him and it certainly feels like someone Katya would rise to the challenge with - most likely with a dance that has them both in blindfolds or something.
It's been done - Fanny Rat and Georgia showdance! I just rewatched it there and it's a forgotten classic - she's pretending to be blind which is a tad problematic.... then the bit where she slides down his back like an enormous green worm! terrible choreo - just them twirling around for yonks, then he gets a big 'well done on yer spins!' moment, all while wearing a Man at C&A shirt and before he got his teeth done.

• Wow

soccergirl

VIP Member
I see GPVita is now selling a candle - no word on whether it's one of the Goop-style fanny ones.

I noticed that comments on the post were turned off and deleted, after someone asked why Pasquale isn't doing the dance classes 😀

• Haha

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member

---

He really was. It’s mad to think he’s only a few years older than Jojo. Neil looks very middle aged and I don’t think he can keep up with the others. I don’t think he can bothered to make any effort, as long as he gets some attention and camera time he’s happy. He’s like the really annoying attention seeking dweeb at school. He is tolerated but deep down the others wish he would just fuck off.
---
Maybe Nikita will get another male partner 🤔
View attachment 2986022
Omg, just imagining David as a contestant and Vicky Giggles attempting to put him in trousers or skirts!
As for the rest of the announcements …some of those pros must be teflon coated. Nadiya has proved you get your way if you shout at production and get Saint Dan to protest, Neil …it must be because Shirley fancies him or something, and several others I’m also surprised at.
At this rate I’ll be recording and fast forwarding through most of it.

glasgow27

VIP Member
I wonder which pro will take it. I feel like it will be another male celeb this year (we nearly had 3 women in a row win) but can't see it happening with the likes of Dianne, Karen, Nancy. Maybe Lauren will pull a Katya - mid-series popular run with a fun middle aged guy her first series, contender and win her second.

Quite a few male pros could be seen as 'due' a win, I wonder if an all-male pairing may eventually take it. But again, not sure that'll happen this year.

glasgow27

VIP Member
I wonder if Gio might have been lined up for Toyah Willcox if he stayed - someone older who could handle him seemed the most likely route.

Either Vito or Gorka for her now, 100%.

• Sick

Glaschelle

VIP Member
I've watched strictly since the beginning. Back then it was pretty sedate, standard ballroom dancing. Go back and watch the dances compared to today. Celebrities today are expected to do so much more.

But even back at the beginning, Natahsa Kaplinsky complained about the training and said she'd lost the nails off her big toes!!!

I've no idea why so many posters think this is supposed to be a fun show 🤣🤣🤣