Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Rose coped with Gio by taking the piss out of him every time the 'lizzard' appeared and no I'm not talking about his member. She was able to not take it personally and turn it on him but that's just her personality. I think he tolerated being called a lizard and his fierceness being exposed because it endeared people even more to Rose and the more that happened the higher the odds of 'his' win. Ritchie has a similar outlook/ lightheartedness but they didn't get on at all.

Didn't Nicola Roberts not get on with him as well?

Reactions: 15
He knew he had the winner in Rose, too, so I'm guessing that combined with the fact that she knew how to deal with him, softened his cough, so to speak.

Reactions: 15
Nicola Roberts said she wanted to strangle him at times. I don’t think she is the type of person who would put up with him week after week, but, for just a Xmas special, was fine. I think she said his style of teaching wasn’t necessarily her style of learning and that’s why she wanted to strangle him. Didn’t she also pull a muscle her neck quite badly?

Reactions: 9
All workplaces coverup bad behaviour and hope it goes away. As no formal complaint had been made when they offered Gio the contract, had he not wanted to leave strictly and had they not have offered him a contract, he wouldn’t have gone quietly and it would also have made it look like the allegations were true. For all we know perhaps they were going to bench him.
I hope the BBC for their sake kept notes/records of what was discussed at those crisis talks. Interesting that they couldn’t release the training videos due to data protection etc. isn’t the point of the training footage so that it can be used as part of the show - therefore available for public viewing. Surely anyone that might be on the training footage would have to sign something to say they are happy that this to be used for public purposes etc?
BIB with GDPR any data (in this case video) can only be used for the manner it’s been obtained I.e to show training for the purposes of the Strictly TV show and by the people it’s been obtained for.
Therefore, her legal team wouldn’t be allowed access to it for other reasons without Gio’s permission as it breeches his and anyone else in its data protection.
However, it speak volumes that he wouldnt agree to it if it were innocent.
I think they’d need to go down a legal route to gain access. Which is what I’m assuming they are doing.

Reactions: 12
I think Rose coped with Gio by taking the piss out of him every time the 'lizzard' appeared and no I'm not talking about his member. She was able to not take it personally and turn it on him but that's just her personality. I think he tolerated being called a lizard and his fierceness being exposed because it endeared people even more to Rose and the more that happened the higher the odds of 'his' win. Ritchie has a similar outlook/ lightheartedness but they didn't get on at all.

Didn't Nicola Roberts not get on with him as well?
You know I was always pretty sure that in the 'stupid cow' video Gio was talking about Maura as they broke up just after even though at the time people wondered if it was Rose. Now I'm not so sure. Given his temper and arrogance, and the fact he clearly didn't know she was there... Anyway, it gives the lie to people on FB etc who witter on about how kind and gentle he is.

Reactions: 6
You know I was always pretty sure that in the 'stupid cow' video Gio was talking about Maura as they broke up just after even though at the time people wondered if it was Rose. Now I'm not so sure. Given his temper and arrogance, and the fact he clearly didn't know she was there... Anyway, it gives the lie to people on FB etc who witter on about how kind and gentle he is.
i always thought that was aimed at Rose as didn’t he walk into the room look around and say where is it that stupid cow and then Rose and AJ jumped out on him? I may have imagined the where is that bit though.

Reactions: 6
And Rose was obviously more likely to be there than Maura.

Reactions: 1
Yes I thought it was Rose he was referring to, especially with the way Kai reacted when they jumped out.

If I was in Gios shoes and genuinely didn’t think I had done anything wrong I would be happily handing the training footage over to clear my name.

Reactions: 8
And Rose was obviously more likely to be there than Maura.
Yes, I guess I thought he was trying to get hold of Maura on the phone or something, but you're right, the 'where is..' is sus. And the fact that Rose didn't know what he said and uploaded it, then deleted it when the captions appeared.

Here it is for posterity, god he looks raging.

The Mail has found two people backing him by liking his post: Lisa from make-up and Jamie Biscuits. Not exactly a rousing show of support..

Reactions: 5
I remember watching that video clip previously, and thinking how extremely unprofessional of him, to be bursting into the room, shouting the odds and calling someone, presumably Rose, a stupid cow.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
On Nikita’s stories on insta is a little clip of his and Luba’s dance.

For me with Gio it’s a simple. If he and the BBC want to clear his name and feel he didnt do anything wrong then release to the complainants legal team the training footage they are asking for. Holding it back for data protection reasons looks a bit dodge to me.

Reactions: 12
Eh, if it was just her I'd probably agree, but remember two others are making formal complaints as well. There's no way there's three vindictive snowflakes going after him unfairly. And it seems like if they'd handled Amanda's situation better in the first place it wouldn't have gotten to this stage. I suspect Amanda would have been a bit of a handful for any pro, but I don't think any of the other pros would have handled it as badly as Gio did. He clearly has a more extreme attitude than any of the others or he wouldn't have so many unhappy ex-partners. All the pros are from a gruellingly competitive world, they're all used to pushing through pain, striving to win etc, but the others manage to rein it back enough not to be investigated for workplace misconduct.

I think the casting department need to be more careful in their choices too. She was obviously already dealing with some mental health issues, and then they pair her up with the most strict and competitive pro.
Yes a really bad pairing! I do get that no one should put up with bullying o but how untenable can a situation be if it’s just for a few weeks rather than a job you are stuck in. It just feels like there’s wrong on both sides and Amanda was dealing with her own incredibly harsh circumstances even before dancing with Gio.

He’s not one of my favourites but he has had some brilliant partnerships. Loved him with Debbie and Faye and Rose in particular.

I’ve enjoyed his partnerships more than Johannes’ to be honest. Maybe because I didn’t warm to Ellie or Annabel. I like Gorka but he often doesn’t seem to gel with his partners.

Nikita, Vito, Carlos and Kai all seem to make brilliant partnerships.

Reactions: 2
Yes, I guess I thought he was trying to get hold of Maura on the phone or something, but you're right, the 'where is..' is sus. And the fact that Rose didn't know what he said and uploaded it, then deleted it when the captions appeared.

Here it is for posterity, god he looks raging.

The Mail has found two people backing him by liking his post: Lisa from make-up and Jamie Biscuits. Not exactly a rousing show of support..
IMG_0174.jpeg

Kai’s face cracks me up everytime I see this

Also, in the DS interview he did with AJ in semi final week he insisted he never saw Gio over strictly because of the strict bubbling on that series . He really never lies very well.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Honestly there could be a date-stamped video of him punching Amanda in the face then whipping out his member and pissing on her and 5000 Sandras would immediately reply 'To succeed at that level requires a commitment that some people just don't want to give. She probably didn't want to work hard. When I met him he was lovely'

I am not easily shocked, but the internalised misogyny is shocking. He's not gonna shag you (unless you're 25 and busty)

Reactions: 22
To be honest we live in a world where Trump became president and effectively the most powerful person in the world - so Gio getting around a 100,000 likes isn’t surprising. What does surprise me is why his supporters are not questioning why Gio isn’t asking for a way round the GDPR issue so the footage asked for, can be released and thus clearing his name as he says he done nothing wrong. This would be the quickest and easiest way.

Reactions: 10
Honestly there could be a date-stamped video of him punching Amanda in the face then whipping out his member and pissing on her and 5000 Sandras would immediately reply 'To succeed at that level requires a commitment that some people just don't want to give. She probably didn't want to work hard. When I met him he was lovely'

I am not easily shocked, but the internalised misogyny is shocking. He's not gonna shag you (unless you're 25 and busty)
I’m finding the rampant misogyny of all of this incredibly depressing, not least the dissonance of those insisting that there can’t be a problem because persons A, B, & C didn’t speak up, whilst flinging tit at persons D, F, & G because they have spoken up.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.