Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tattle is only toxic when your favourite is being criticised :sneaky: I like the way Tattle is used as a measurement scale though, when someone is being slagged off, "it's even worse on Tattle", but when this thread likes someone, "even Tattle like them!" :LOL:
I forgot to mention the Italian section of pro tour that Vito, Graz, Nikita and Luba do, but I did think during it that Gio is not missed.

Reactions: 18
But he'll find that without strictly there will be a big drop off in his audience. Just like Brendan did.
I think this too. He as all these ‘projects’ lined up, but what I think Brendan, AJ, and now Gio don’t realise is that although Strictly may not be the best paid job money wise (for the hours they put in) the exposure is invaluable. Good luck trying to sell a tour if people aren’t seeing you every Saturday night!

Isn't it funny how FR's most successful pairing is one he supposedly had to change his training methods. I fully get the impression from him though he'd have thought he could say what he liked because she wouldn't hear him, just like the rumours of him saying things about Amanda's partner. And he knew from the beginning he was probably onto a winner with Rose.
The difference is unlike Brendan and AJ he does already have a TV career. Those 2 also weren’t as popular.

I love Tattle but it does tend to end up being a complete pile on with not much light and shade acknowledged. I think Gio probably is difficult to work with but I also think he has had some tricky partners. The situation with Amanda with sexual dancing and her partner watching could also play a part.

He’s had plenty of partnerships which have worked (with usual strains I’m sure). Having seen Richie on a few things I don’t find him all that pleasant and is Zoe Ball is now the ultimate voice on anyone’s personality!

I hate it when things descend to “his precious Rose” etc. I really can’t stand the talk of member size to put a man down. It’s just body shaming and used in place of the person being able to provide a more articulate response.

Reactions: 4
Fail picking up the pros supporting Amanda. Though surprised they don't mention her backstage visit last week.
I would pay £100 to be in the pros' group chat (the one without Gio) atm

Has anyone talked about the size of Giovanni's 'member'? I haven't seen it on here, and God knows, Stephen or Geetbo would have!

Reactions: 5
I suspect Amanda is a bit on the sensitive side, and that some celebs would have been able to cope with his training style a lot better. But that's still not an excuse. The pro should tailor their teaching to the celeb and anyone who wasn't a narcissistic, arrogant, over-competitive head would have backed off when it was clear it wasn't right for her.

I've said it before, but the show as a whole needs to just take a step back and calm the duck down, before someone gets properly hurt. Ellie should never have attempted that ridiculous stunt in the showdance, the judges shouldn't have nitpicked Nigel to death and shattered his confidence, and obviously they should have made FR behave himself when Amanda first complained, or swapped him out for Neil or whatever instead of ignoring it until she couldn't take it anymore.

Reactions: 29
I suspect Amanda is a bit on the sensitive side, and that some celebs would have been able to cope with his training style a lot better. But that's still not an excuse. The pro should tailor their teaching to the celeb and anyone who wasn't a narcissistic, arrogant, over-competitive head would have backed off when it was clear it wasn't right for her.

I've said it before, but the show as a whole needs to just take a step back and calm the duck down, before someone gets properly hurt. Ellie should never have attempted that ridiculous stunt in the showdance, the judges shouldn't have nitpicked Nigel to death and shattered his confidence, and obviously they should have made FR behave himself when Amanda first complained, or swapped him out for Neil or whatever instead of ignoring it until she couldn't take it anymore.
Totally agree about Nigel and Ellie.

I agree to a degree about Amanda but I think what she’s doing seems quite vindictive.

Reactions: 6
Has anyone talked about the size of Giovanni's 'member'? I haven't seen it on here, and God knows, Stephen or Geetbo would have!
I must have scrolled past those comments too as I don’t recall them either 😐
---
I agree to a degree about Amanda but I think what she’s doing seems quite vindictive.
‘Vindictive’ in what sense? If someone experiences an untenable working environment, what should they do differently to what Amanda has done?

She removed herself from the situation, made no public allegations, requested evidence of the workplace environment from the employer, spoke to others who had had similar experiences, and sought legal representation.

Which parts of the above were not the correct course of action?

Last edited:
Agree completely, some of the lifts they do now are ridiculous, especially for untrained female celebs. Ellie’s final lift in the show dance was too dangerous and Vito/the choreographers shouldn’t have put it in. That’s the way the show is now though, most people train full time hence the standard of dance has increased. Safety should still come first though

Reactions: 12
Fail picking up the pros supporting Amanda. Though surprised they don't mention her backstage visit last week.
I would pay £100 to be in the pros' group chat (the one without Gio) atm

Not sure being called a gentleman by someone who is friends with Dan Wootton is a compliment. Yes I do judge Shirls by the fact she is friends with Dan W.

Reactions: 8
Yes, I have said similar, previously, as have as other posters.
It's a light entertainment show. Nobody should be getting injured either mentally or physically. The producers, the judges and the pros need to learn from the last series in particular.

No more potentially dangerous stunts, no more beating people over the head, by the judges, and most definitely no more ignoring of problematic situations between the celebrities and the pros.

If things were that bad, Gio should have been benched, asap. They could have used an excuse, if necessary, about an injury, replace him, and meanwhile, investigate properly. Not let a situation get as bad as is being described.

Reactions: 20
I couldn’t care less if Gios “member” is like a child’s arm or an acorn, it’s coming duck all near me. I’d sooner spend a romantic weekend with Neil de Jaunse.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Totally agree about Nigel and Ellie.

Eh, if it was just her I'd probably agree, but remember two others are making formal complaints as well. There's no way there's three vindictive snowflakes going after him unfairly. And it seems like if they'd handled Amanda's situation better in the first place it wouldn't have gotten to this stage. I suspect Amanda would have been a bit of a handful for any pro, but I don't think any of the other pros would have handled it as badly as Gio did. He clearly has a more extreme attitude than any of the others or he wouldn't have so many unhappy ex-partners. All the pros are from a gruellingly competitive world, they're all used to pushing through pain, striving to win etc, but the others manage to rein it back enough not to be investigated for workplace misconduct.

I think the casting department need to be more careful in their choices too. She was obviously already dealing with some mental health issues, and then they pair her up with the most strict and competitive pro.

Reactions: 12
I think the casting department need to be more careful in their choices too. She was obviously already dealing with some mental health issues, and then they pair her up with the most strict and competitive pro.
I thought it may have been partly to do with the fact she didn't get the best reception when she was announced by some strictly fans, and so the producers tried to counteract that by pairing her up with a popular pro. Obviously Jojo had been requested by Annabel so I suppose Gio may have been their next best bet on paper?

Reactions: 6
It’s the comments from people saying I bet she signed up to raise her profile and for the money - makes me laugh. Think that is why 90% of the celebs sign up!

Reactions: 13
It’s the comments from people saying I bet she signed up to raise her profile and for the money - makes me laugh. Think that is why 90% of the celebs sign up!
That’s indisputably why 100% of them sign up. The BBC have done a great job of spinning the show as some sort of spiritual vocation, but it’s a paid reality TV gig and no one - front of stage or backstage - is turning up for free.

Reactions: 15
I'm way behind but just saw the news about Gio quitting. Man on moon etc.

Anyway how is digital spy coping with this news. Similar to the death of Princess Diana I suspect.

Not strictly Diana's

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The show will carry on being popular, no matter who leaves. I don’t believe anyone stops watching just because their favourite dancer is no longer there. Most people couldn’t name the pros anyway.

All I want from Strictly is to see some good dancing, a bit of light hearted entertainment, and enjoy watching ‘The Journey’ of contestants I like. That’s it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
All I want from Strictly is to see some good dancing, a bit of light hearted entertainment, and enjoy watching ‘The Journey’ of contestants I like. That’s it.
[/QUOTE]
Same for me. I would like more contestants like Krishnan that radiate joy when dancing - I didn’t care that he wasn’t best dancer, he did his best and had fun - it showed. Oh some ringers as well.
---
Just seen Michelle’s post on insta her mum is stunning.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.