Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ren’t Gio and the Clifton’s incredibly close at one time? So Gio has had some form of falling out with the Clifton’s then, as otherwise Stace would know him.
Gio and Joanne were dance partners and I think used to date, back in his junior FR days. For Stacey to say 'I don't have a friendship with FR', rather than just generic 'he's a great dancer, and I don't know what happened' seems pointed.
borehamwood-uk-1st-sep-2015-joanne-clifton-and-giovanni-pernice-attend-F4W5ER.jpg

Reactions: 4
Never thought I'd see the day when I wasn't annoyed by Stacey Dooley, but she was on BBC breakfast this morning and they asked her about the Gio thing in general terms - she said she didn't know him so couldn't comment but said that it's a slippery when people say they don't believe women from the outset and that she hoped the women involved were being looked after.

Which is a very sensible response. I'm no fan of Gio or Amanda (or Laura) but I'm just still really shocked at how it's all being dismissed out of hand by so many. Just because you don't like someone, doesn't mean they shouldn't be believed
Stacey knows what she was doing with that answer. There is absolutely no way, the Cliftons being as well-connected as they are in the dance world in general, and Strictly in particular, that she doesn’t know exactly what has happened.

She’s sadly absolutely right that societal misogyny leads to women automatically being pegged as liars when they speak out against a well-known man, but as well as making a general observation, I think she’s also speaking more specifically when she says ‘don’t assume that they’re lying’.
---
I have a decided I want to be reincarnated as an attractive male - to see how much I can get away with in my next life.
You don’t even need to aspire to be an attractive male 😐

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
If more does come out about Gio - will his adoring fans say that all the women are ones he rejected etc, and men either fancied him or are jealous of his success?

Reactions: 7
If more does come out about Gio - will his adoring fans say that all the women are ones he rejected etc, and men either fancied him or are jealous of his success?
Short answer - yes! From what I have seen Gio can do no wrong.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
And I don’t think Layton ever followed him.
Yes I think Layton follows everyone else from Strictly other than him. Whilst Layton is super friendly and seems to make friends wherever he goes I also think he is very astute and had Fanny Rats number from that start.

Has anyone ever wanted to be a jar of Nutella before?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yes I think Layton follows everyone else from Strictly other than him. Whilst Layton is super friendly and seems to make friends wherever he goes I also think he is very astute and had Fanny Rats number from that start.

Has anyone ever wanted to be a jar of Nutella before?
View attachment 2946928
Only if he opens the lid and starts licking.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ha, she absolutely does know him. Didn't he and King Kev have a falling-out a couple of years ago and unfollow each other? I remember FR tweeting something angrily at Kev.
Kevin follows all the pros on insta bar Gio and Michelle, so he's obviously unfollowed Gio at some point. As someone mentioned earlier I think Gio and Joanne had some sort of relationship so maybe that ended badly? He still follows Gorka even though they had a bit of a falling out.

Reactions: 2
Bet Anton is hoping that the investigation etc is over before their tour and that the G does clear his name. Same with Lauren as say more come forward etc, whilst G fans aren’t going to care - the BBC will care about the optics. I do feel Lauren.
---
I see strictly theatre are promoting A&Gs tour more in the last couple of days- wonder if they are trying to sell tickets before outcome of the investigation is revealed.

Reactions: 1
To be fair even if she does know what’s going on she’s not going to tell the world on BBC breakfast, she was there to promote her play not talk about Gio. It was a very good answer and exactly what she needed to say

Reactions: 11
Of course she knows what’s going on. I think she said plenty without actually saying anything. She’s not friends with him, she hasn’t even had a professional relationship with him and she hopes the women are getting support. That says a lot. I think there are plenty of people who know exactly what he is like but won’t speak out for fear of retribution or getting black listed in the dancing field. I don’t like Amanda at all but fair play to her for standing her ground in the face of massive hostility.

Reactions: 13
Of course she knows what’s going on. I think she said plenty without actually saying anything. She’s not friends with him, she hasn’t even had a professional relationship with him and she hopes the women are getting support. That says a lot. I think there are plenty of people who know exactly what he is like but won’t speak out for fear of retribution or getting black listed in the dancing field. I don’t like Amanda at all but fair play to her for standing her ground in the face of massive hostility.
Says nothing to me when it comes from Stacie Dooley. I think she just likes to insert herself and have the moral high ground. Never forget her going on about Strictly being a family show re Seann and Katya - weren’t she and Kevin both in relationships? She was on something recently saying to one of her peers about a really superior dancer (Faye?) and was totally disingenuous. She’s so unlikeable and is really conflating the issue by talking about women being believed.

It’s wrong to believe either side blindly. Either the jealous harridans out to get him narrative or the hysterical witch hunt about a pro who may be a bit of a 🔨

Oh and such and such a person doesn’t follow/like them or is friendly with Amanda so the allegations MUST be right.

I could be totally wrong but I can’t help but think AA is acting out of malice, whatever we feel about Gio.

Digital Spy Not Appreciation Thread has some really interesting and balanced posts on this.

My whole issue with Gio is that he is adamant that he doesn’t need to adjust his training style but not everyone learns via a militant style, which can come across as bullying. On a one to one teaching - you should be able to amend your style to suit your student. With Strictly perhaps some celebs just want to learn to dance, entertain the public on a Saturday night but aren’t fussed about the lifting glitterball and that’s OK. IF the reports are true that there were weekly crisis meetings, along with the celeb crying on a regular basis - he should have softened his approach and if he didn’t - then that is unacceptable. The fact he left the comments on, on his statement, knowing full well that people would mainly be supporting him and saying horrible things about the complainants is to me unacceptable and feels like a bullying tactic. He absolutely had a right to do a statement and had he turned off the comments - I would have had some respect for him.

Reactions: 17
I’ve no time for Abingdon or Whitmore but it’s obvious to anyone with eyes that Giovanni is a bit of a tit.

Reactions: 24
I guess I feel that if a valued colleague was accused of something by someone at work, and I'd worked with that person for years and absolutely believed in their innocence, at the very least I would probably refrain from holding hands with the accuser in a photo, presumably knowing that they'd already hired a legal firm to represent them in their case against my employer and colleague.

Poor Rose.
Rose is finding the whole situation really tough. She had a really great experience with Gio so is really shocked by it all.

'She of course believes what others are saying but she is just trying to not get involved. She won't be speaking about it publicly.'

Reactions: 3
I guess I feel that if a valued colleague was accused of something by someone at work, and I'd worked with that person for years and absolutely believed in their innocence, at the very least I would probably refrain from holding hands with the accuser in a photo, presumably knowing that they'd already hired a legal firm to represent them in their case against my employer and colleague.

Poor Rose.

I feel for Rose, Georgia, Faye etc. They’ll constantly be asked about it even though they likely won’t get involved. If they claim to have had a bad experience they’ll be slated, and if they want to ignore it they’ll be accused of not supporting him. The good experience Rose, Georgia, Debbie, etc seem to have had doesn’t suppress the bad experiences others have had, nor make his techniques ok (if it’s found to be true). Wouldn’t be surprised if some other celebs start speaking out about their experiences with pros. Bet the other pros can’t wait for their 3 hour presentation about professional conduct.

Reactions: 7
A lot of the comments in the Rose article are along the lines of: ‘you know who your friends are now, Gio’. So his friends are his girlfriend, his stylist (who earns a wage off him), Debbie McGee and Lisa from hair and make up. Fab!

A lot of the comments in the Rose article are along the lines of: ‘you know who your friends are now, Gio’. So his friends are his girlfriend, his stylist (who earns a wage off him), Debbie McGee and Lisa from hair and make up. Fab!
And don’t forget Jamie L.

And don’t forget Jamie L.
Free biscuits for life!!
So who are Gio's friends now? What happened to Janette and Aljaz (I just looied, and Janette hasn't liked an FR post since October).I remember in lockdown Jane. tte appeared on some of his lives, and Karen and Katya too. He didn't go to Jamie Biscuits' wedding. He hasn't been seen with Kai for a long time. I guess Lauren and Pasquale, but they're his employees. Anton is his friend. And his stylist. And Gorka, I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.