Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just the cleanse the plate from the odious Fanny Rat, have just got back from seeing Johannes show. My word that man is a beautiful force of nature who just radiates joy. Amazing staging and production and camper than Christmas. I know he’s not having a partner this year ( sure he said this at a recent show) but I’d love to see him with someone that he could just have fun with and let loose.

Reactions: 15
It is, in my opinion, just as much a pros job to provide a memorable and enjoyable experience as it is to teach them to dance.
It absolutely is, imo, and if you look at the ones who were among the first out in the last series - Nikita (Kanda) and Gorka, for instance. I enjoyed their performances. They always looked so upbeat and like they were enjoying themselves. She was never going to get very far but she was sad to leave because it had been a great, fun, experience for her. That's a pro's job well done, in my opinion.

Les and Nancy, another example, they seemed to have great fun too. Again, Les was never exactly going to be setting the place alight, but he genuinely seemed to have a great experience and spoke very warmly about Nancy.

I think it's probably quite a challenge being partnered with someone without a whole lot of potential and it's a measure of a real pro, to do what they are being paid to do, tailor the dances to the ability of their partner, and make it as good as possible for the celebrity.

Reactions: 13
Why did he have to say he'd be thinking about whether to quit over the next three weeks? WTF? Who does such a thing? Keeping everything in limbo when you know he already knows what he's going to do. And if not, just keep your mouth shut until you do know.

Reactions: 6
tbh, anton won't give a tit about anything, he's got his other income streams (yay for ghost written novels!)

lauren, I'd like to think will fulfill her contractual obligations to fr nice and neutrally and then return back in the autumn to guide a mid soap actor to halloween. she deserves better tho

Reactions: 8
Also: I saw this comment on his post. 😲 This girl, Korina Travis, seems to be a current Burn the Floor pro who is followed by Jowita, Arduino, Lauren and Kai. tit's getting real: maybe it's all about to come out. Have you come across her @MidCenturyMadOne?
Interesting that another person from the ‘dance world’ has now spoken up. I wondered if part of the reason for the silence from the other pros in the show was that, as in any industry, people are often reluctant to be seen to ‘back the wrong horse’ in a dispute in case it affects their future employment options.

But if a ‘Burn the Floor’ dancer who seems pretty well entrenched in the dance scene is prepared to speak up, it suggests that those the dance world have a reasonable idea which way this is going to go. She’s clearly not overly worried that she’ll preclude herself from future hirings for appearing ‘troublesome’.

Oh I haven’t, but it’s a really interesting comment, and possibly a bit daft to be so blatant!
I think Kai may have been part of Somnium for some of it’s run if I remember correctly, probably why he follows her.
So TIL that Somnium was a "a dance show directed and choreographed by Neil Jones. The show tells the life story of Neil Jones and Katya Jones beginning with their respective childhoods, moving through to the moment they first met and finally to how together they became World Latin Showdance Champions". Starring them and Charles Venn. And Jowita and Michael. Lord save us.

I also wonder if one or two spurned instababes might come forward if things snowball. The one who overlapped with the current one, for exmaple.

Reactions: 4
Ranvir is reading the news on GMB this morning.
I bet Gio will not be mentioned in the Entertainment news today.....

Reactions: 4
This sounds AMAZING!!! 🤩🤩🤩
I remember the publicity for it being really weird - it just looked like a vanity project for Neil, and him and Katya had to do the press rounds post-Seann Walsh snog insisting that it was the greatest love story ever told and that they were completely over the incident and that actually they were thinking of starting a family (they split up a few months later)

The photoshoot for it was... something (Neil is a world champion! Katya wears some nice dresses!)

1000007100.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Isn't Tasha Ghouri (model, dancer and first deaf contestant on Love Island) an ex of FR? I'm sure it was mentioned briefly when she was on LI, and gave the impression that she didn't think a lot of him, if I remember correctly.

Never thought I'd see the day when I wasn't annoyed by Stacey Dooley, but she was on BBC breakfast this morning and they asked her about the Gio thing in general terms - she said she didn't know him so couldn't comment but said that it's a slippery when people say they don't believe women from the outset and that she hoped the women involved were being looked after.

Which is a very sensible response. I'm no fan of Gio or Amanda (or Laura) but I'm just still really shocked at how it's all being dismissed out of hand by so many. Just because you don't like someone, doesn't mean they shouldn't be believed

Reactions: 30
Never thought I'd see the day when I wasn't annoyed by Stacey Dooley, but she was on BBC breakfast this morning and they asked her about the Gio thing in general terms - she said she didn't know him so couldn't comment but said that it's a slippery when people say they don't believe women from the outset and that she hoped the women involved were being looked after.

Which is a very sensible response. I'm no fan of Gio or Amanda (or Laura) but I'm just still really shocked at how it's all being dismissed out of hand by so many. Just because you don't like someone, doesn't mean they shouldn't be believed
Sounds like a good answer.

Reactions: 10
Michelle Visage very obviously wasn’t keen on him either but I’m sure she’s flushed away much bigger shits than FR in her life.

Reactions: 10
Never thought I'd see the day when I wasn't annoyed by Stacey Dooley, but she was on BBC breakfast this morning and they asked her about the Gio thing in general terms - she said she didn't know him so couldn't comment but said that it's a slippery when people say they don't believe women from the outset and that she hoped the women involved were being looked after
Ha, she absolutely does know him. Didn't he and King Kev have a falling-out a couple of years ago and unfollow each other? I remember FR tweeting something angrily at Kev.
Just saw the clip, and she did seem to be really making a (good) point. Presumably she and Kev have plenty of contacts in the show still.

I saw a comment on DS there that since the statement Ellie, Hamza, and Ellie S have unfollowed FR.

Stacey saying she didn’t know Gio. Weren’t Gio and the Clifton’s incredibly close at one time? So Gio has had some form of falling out with the Clifton’s then, as otherwise Stace would know him.

I have a decided I want to be reincarnated as an attractive male - to see how much I can get away with in my next life.
---
Ha, she absolutely does know him. Didn't he and King Kev have a falling-out a couple of years ago and unfollow each other? I remember FR tweeting something angrily at Kev.
Just saw the clip, and she did seem to be really making a (good) point. Presumably she and Kev have plenty of contacts in the show still.

I saw a comment on DS there that since the statement Ellie, Hamza, and Ellie S have unfollowed FR.
And I don’t think Layton ever followed him.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

I imagine Hamza wasn't his biggest fan anyway considering the Jowita dalliance.

Reactions: 2

Hamza either never followed him or unfollowed when the relationship with Jowita came out

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.