Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s very depressing how quick people are to jump on the misogyny train.

However we also live in a world where these 2 beautiful people exist who will make this sad old woman very happy this week.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if Di and Vito will be doing meet n greets at their shows?
Is Vick G doing the outfit for their show?

All those likes and comments on Gio’s posts but none from people from Strictly - Including those who have left so not under contract?

Reactions: 6
All those likes and comments on Gio’s posts but none from people from Strictly - Including those who have left so not under contract?
I guess former partners won't do anything as they're going to be spoken to, but other celebs could easily. Nobody apart from Jamie Biscuits has.

The S*n have a new story that 'one or two' of his other partners may take legal action. Richie and Faye? Georgia?
Debbie, Rose and Michelle are the only ones who can be totally ruled out I think. This is a full on shitshow.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
It's really sad that such a fun show that brings joy to many is descending into this sort of ugly scandal. If it doesn't get sorted out ASAP, I can see it somewhat tainting next series.

Reactions: 13
I guess former partners won't do anything as they're going to be spoken to, but other celebs could easily. Nobody apart from Jamie Biscuits has.

The S*n have a new story that 'one or two' of his other partners may take legal action. Richie and Faye? Georgia?
Debbie, Rose and Michelle are the only ones who can be totally ruled out I think. This is a full on shitshow.
I wouldn't have thought Richie would given that he works for bbc radio, unless he puts in an internal complaint? Faye possibly. I feel Georgia may just want to stay out of it.

Yes a really bad pairing! I do get that no one should put up with bullying o but how untenable can a situation be if it’s just for a few weeks rather than a job you are stuck in. It just feels like there’s wrong on both sides and Amanda was dealing with her own incredibly harsh circumstances even before dancing with Gio.

He’s not one of my favourites but he has had some brilliant partnerships. Loved him with Debbie and Faye and Rose in particular.

I’ve enjoyed his partnerships more than Johannes’ to be honest. Maybe because I didn’t warm to Ellie or Annabel. I like Gorka but he often doesn’t seem to gel with his partners.

Nikita, Vito, Carlos and Kai all seem to make brilliant partnerships.
I'd say she could have made the semis, or even the final, so a bit more than a few weeks. I agree that she doesn't seem a particularly easy person to get along or work with. But he's obviously been a dick to more partners than just her. I don't think they'd be investigating if he'd just had one partnership that didn't gel. It's obviously bigger than that.

He was my favourite male pro the first couple of years I watched (Nikita and Aljaz booted him from top spot by 2021.) I loved him with Debbie. I wasn't anywhere near as sold on his partnership with Rose, they just seemed to be trying too hard to be the perfect partnership, but I still wanted them to win.

Then he barely bothered to hide his disdain for poor Richie and spent most of last series glaring at Vito after driving his celeb to quit, so I don't have much patience for him anymore I'm afraid.

Reactions: 10
I would love one of them to be Rose just to see how the condescending, misogynistic, Fanny Rat affectionado’s deal with that.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sadly I think it will get ugly as I can’t see Gio ever admitting that he ever may have acted inappropriately as he sees as a coming from a place of love.

I used to like Gio until Ritchie, when he gave the vibe of not wanting to touch or look at him, followed by thinking he was too good for Strictly. Then the last series, there was the disrepect towards the choreographers of the group numbers, the face like thunder when Vito was on, the not congratulating the winners and then top it off the joke about Lauren getting a sh!t partner in the form of the Krishnan - who to me was magnificent.

Reactions: 17
I think the only way of this shitshow not tainting next season is if gio just goes quietly, but it seems he's too much of a head to do that of his own accord

there's no way they can use him again. there's been too much fuel for the fire

Reactions: 9
Past departures like James Jordan's Twitter rant/dig at Burn The Floor and Brendan trying not to cry on Lorraine seem rather mild now.

Reactions: 11
I agree that she doesn't seem a particularly easy person to get along or work with. But he's obviously been a dick to more partners than just her. I don't think they'd be investigating if he'd just had one partnership that didn't gel.
I do have to check my internal FR-hater and ask: would the BBC really risk their show for him? If she had crisis meetings every week wouldn't they have done something?
But then two, potentially three other celebs complaining? And the pros very obviously not wanting anything to do with him...

Also: I saw this comment on his post. 😲 This girl, Korina Travis, seems to be a current Burn the Floor pro who is followed by Jowita, Arduino, Lauren and Kai. tit's getting real: maybe it's all about to come out. Have you come across her @MidCenturyMadOne?

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Also: I saw this comment on his post. 😲 This girl, Korina Travis, seems to be a current Burn the Floor pro who is followed by Jowita, Arduino, Lauren and Kai. tit's getting real: maybe it's all about to come out. Have you come across her @MidCenturyMadOne?
From looking up, appears that Korina danced with Giovanni for some functions in 2016, was also touted by DS as a potential new pro.

I do have to check my internal FR-hater and ask: would the BBC really risk their show for him? If she had crisis meetings every week wouldn't they have done something?
But then two, potentially three other celebs complaining? And the pros very obviously not wanting anything to do with him...

Looks like she was in somnium dance with Katya, Neil and Jowita. I wonder what else might be about to come out

Reactions: 1
Go Korina! It takes some balls to make a stand in the tit show that is the comments on that post.

Reactions: 18

Oh I haven’t, but it’s a really interesting comment, and possibly a bit daft to be so blatant!
I think Kai may have been part of Somnium for some of it’s run if I remember correctly, probably why he follows her.

Reactions: 2
It certainly feels like the last series was where everything reached boiling point in more ways than one. For the past few series you've had the judges getting more and more picky, clearly choosing favourites etc which seemed to reach a head with Nigel and the very clear and obvious impact it had on his confidence. Then you've had the pressure to do something daring and "never done before" that's been ramping up, as Craig said you would have never had Natasha K attempting a showdance like Ellies, which of course reached its peak with the poor girl nearly breaking her neck on live TV. That's without all the Gio stuff.

As has been said, it's an entertainment show. Nobody is joining up because they want to become a professional standard dancer, even the ones that do well probably never dance again and have forgotten it all by Easter (as seen by the many winners who return for the launch show and are meh at best). They sign up for the paycheck and exposure and experience. It is, in my opinion, just as much a pros job to provide a memorable and enjoyable experience as it is to teach them to dance.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Yes, I think there probably is some exaggeration in that story. Or perhaps someone higher up will be getting the boot as well for not handling it properly? I had started to think before the latest lot of news that perhaps he really hadn't done anything beyond be a bit abrasive since they were taking his side. I wonder if they're afraid it'll set off a tidal wave of complaints from other former contestants against more pros/the show itself?

I wonder who the next complainant is, assuming it's true. I can't see it being Richie, if only because surely he wasn't in long enough for him to have done too much to him? Gotta say, I would love it if it was Rose. I'd sure be complaining if I was her over the week 1 ankle thing. But then, I'm a wuss, and Rose definitely isn't, so it's probably not her. Georgia or Faye?

I don't much like it when people make cryptic social media accusations, just say what happened or don't, but not surprised lots of people have problems with him.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.