Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Minnietred

I wouldn't have Fleur down as remotely loud or 'mad'. I think she's very composed and thoughtful. [unless you mean her clothes - which I think are often not her choice and/or on ITT were somewhat influenced by her pregnancy]. I like all three you mention - I confess to be less admiring of AJ - but Fleur and certainly Layton are there on clear talent, whereas Alison, who I agree is really likeable, isn't actually trained to do anything. She's the ultimate Z list celeb who by sheer perseverance has built and maintained a career of being a 'personality'.
Fleur and Layton were both deserving of their finalist places, I loved them both but they just had too much performance experience to be winners for me.

Agree with the Alison comments too, I have been able to watch This Morning every day for the past 6 months. Josie and Alison bring personality to the table, but they definitely need support from someone with journalistic skills for the more serious stuff.

louseylou

VIP Member
So dianne had a video call with her dad
And he asked about how the "concerts" are going how do you suppose that converstaion went down? 🤔

Well you see we've won loads so far because I made sure to mention you throughout every single show
I'll dedicate the winners trophy to you aswell
Because in all honesty it will be between layton and nikita and me oops bobby too 😬🤣

Strange how she never posts about face timing joe or that's she missing him only ever her dad??
She's literally posted two stories with face times, one was her Dad and the other was last week i think with her brother and niece where she said her niece didn't understand where her and Joe went or something like that. She's mentioned him in other stories though.

Last edited:

OtherMoon

VIP Member
It makes total sense. The only other contestant in his 20’s is Layton and he is too busy teaching kids and thirsty adults with Nikita in his spare time or back flipping around the arena.
If you spread the net wider and include the Pros there are more youngsters, Kai he's only 27. 🕺

Blue_ocean

VIP Member
I suspect this as well. Janette & Dianne seem to have been his teachers pets from their BTF days, and coincidentally were the two weakest female pros of their era - their status on Strictly seems protected by him. Really, Janette should have been gone after Aston Merrygold, and Dianne should have been gone after Tyler West. Two big wasted opportunities but Gilko clearly swept in and ensured they stayed (and got HRVY & Bobby in future series), therefore leading to a much more lacklustre female lineup than they could have had. At least Janette was always fun and likeable though, I thought Dianne was but I don't even think she has that any more.
They keep Dianne because of her popularity and the audience she would bring in from her many platforms.
There's being a pro in general,youtube channel, instagram and tiktok all with high followers and subscribers

Pretty sure I read something about her being the/one of the highest earners within strictly and outside of.

If she ever left it would have to be of her own accord where as others would have to do everything to stay
Chloe and Cameron never got paired, Neil once or twice and Michelle has yet to leave the bench and I don't think she ever will she's already slipped onto the background most probably don't know she's a pro.

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
I have always thought the Bobby thing was to distract from the real romance. I now think they are running with it and trolling the tabloids etc. (Ellie’s mum is in on it too judging by her post on Jeff’s insta yesterday)
What did Ellie’s mum say on Jeff’s Insta post?

EmmaS68

Just noticed that Ellie’s mum commented on Jeff’s post how much fun they are both having on the tour.

whoareyoukidding

Chatty Member
I remember we were all predicting a runaway win for him - but his dances just weren't that good, even with judges' help. He then got a big boost in the semi with the King of Ballroom stuff but not enough to get over the line.

For the record, the three people in my life who are the biggest casual SCD fans (ie watch and love it every week but don't vote much and would never be seen dead on an, ahem, forum talking about it)- my sister, gay BFF, and close female friend, were all the same: really liked Layton though were a bit 'he's too good to win', and loved Ellie and Vito, both dancing and partnership. But I can totally buy that live others are more compelling or pop more.

Re: Ellie's bf: I do not buy he's pining for him. When I looked at his insta a while ago it was all 'lads on tour'. I don't buy it was just a kiss, or that his rugby-playing mates dragged him away scandalised! He's sanitised his story, knowing that Ellie probably won't bite back as she has more to lose.
Had a little nose 😂 hate myself for saying this but he’s quite good looking isn’t he 🙈🙈

soccergirl

VIP Member
Interestingly Craig seemed to know nothing about EllBob. You’d think the tour grapevine would be working!

He told us: ‘Ellie and Bobby?! No, I didn’t [see that coming], I didn’t even know about that, but there you go.’
Nothing surprises me,’ he said. ‘I didn’t know about that, that’s news to me darling!’

Craig went on: ‘Romance blossoms, if there’s two single people then fine let them do whatever they want, I say.

Blue_ocean

VIP Member
No I think it will have the opposite effect and mean that she will stay on the show until she wins that as she will see the tour wins as vindication that she deserves it.
Most struggle to win 1 trophy let alone having 3 on display at home.
Don't think she would be in a rush to win yet another if this is another winning tour for her
That would be a smidge greedy.

Last edited:

Elpis

Carlos sure seems to be overshadowed by Vito, Nikita, and even Graziano lately. I wish I knew why they canceled his showcase Fosse number.
---
ETA Ouch. Carlos just posted in Instagram stories:

“argentine tangos will always be the best. [and in much smaller font:] also I still think angela deserved to be in the finale </3 “

Last edited:

posy

VIP Member
Unfollowing each other is a bit petty - can you mute people on insta - so u still follow them but don’t see each others posts? Unfollow each other and they are asking for people to snoop.

OtherMoon

VIP Member
It's laughable really Gio's venues are mostly around the 600 capacity. At the moment the Pros are performing in arenas, Sheffield where they will dance at tomorrow has a capacity of 15,600 and on the Pro tour they will dance in venues between 2000 - 3000.
No wonder he has to tour for so long! I can't see him making that much more money than the other Pros especially when he has to work 3x as hard.

glasgow27

VIP Member
He started SCD in 2015, that tour is in 2025 so the 10 year mark maybe seems fitting in his mind. In all fairness to him and any pros, it probably gets difficult physically once they reach 35 and older, I don't know how Karen does it year after year.

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
New thread