Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ditto @whoareyoukidding 👏

Yes, I did think he was respectful in what he said, but it would be more respectful to keep quiet.
I question his reasons for going public. No doubt he has been paid, but I wonder if this is his chance to get his 15 mins of fame? Wouldn’t be surprised if we hear that he is going to appear on the next series of Love Island etc.
I wonder if he thought after the Xmas meeting there might be some hope for them and now with the Bobby stories he's got a bit worried and wants to let Ellie know how he feels.
Stupid as it sounds this guy isn't going to be bothering Mensa anytime soon, he kept his cheating a secret for months then told her in March when she'd just lost her Corrie job. I hope he at least waited till after her Birthday.

Reactions: 1
On the one hand, I'm happy that she won as it was nice to see a young female celeb escape vitriol. But on the other hand, I do think she was helped a bit by the fact that Layton unfortunately got SO much vitriol instead. She's a bit lacking in charisma and that extra sparkle for me, but I think I lot of people just appreciated that she just really good and not that marmite (I'm trying and failing to think of a good way of saying how she didn't really polarise opinion that much)

A few people I follow on twitter who have been strictly fans for years (not crazy twitter stans, just love the show and are really knowledgeable about it) were saying how Ellie was their favourite ever contestant, which I don't really get, but she did seems to get the vote from a lot of people who just wanted decent dancing and that's it

I still find it kind of fascinating how classic voter catnip Bobby just completely plateaued mid-series. I know he's not popular on here (and he's not really my cup of tea either) but at the start of the series, it felt like he was the product of a Strictly algorithm to create an odds-on winner 😆 (backstory, ok dancer with potential, model looks etc)
I remember we were all predicting a runaway win for him - but his dances just weren't that good, even with judges' help. He then got a big boost in the semi with the King of Ballroom stuff but not enough to get over the line.

For the record, the three people in my life who are the biggest casual SCD fans (ie watch and love it every week but don't vote much and would never be seen dead on an, ahem, forum talking about it)- my sister, gay BFF, and close female friend, were all the same: really liked Layton though were a bit 'he's too good to win', and loved Ellie and Vito, both dancing and partnership. But I can totally buy that live others are more compelling or pop more.

Re: Ellie's bf: I do not buy he's pining for him. When I looked at his insta a while ago it was all 'lads on tour'. I don't buy it was just a kiss, or that his rugby-playing mates dragged him away scandalised! He's sanitised his story, knowing that Ellie probably won't bite back as she has more to lose.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Come on - if she wasn't a willing player in this fairly obvious PR drive, she wouldn't be letting herself be photo'ed cuddling up to Booby. Plenty of other people to sit next to and fool around with in semi public spaces. She's been in the business just as long as Booby and she knows the score.
It might have just got out of hand. Ever since it's blown up she appears to be publicly avoiding being photographed with him.
She may have been an actress for a long time but most of that has been during childhood, she's never had this level of press attention. Even during Strictly they are very much in the bubble and stories about you and your dance partner are all part and parcel of it, this week has been a whole other ball game.

Don't get me wrong Ellie could take control of the situation by telling Bobby to knock it off and be more discreet and if there is nothing going on doing a quick insta story being direct and firm with that fact. So she does have some responsibility for it all blowing up.
Equally we could all be wrong Ellie is enjoying Bobby and all the media attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I definitely think Ellie benefitted the Layton backlash Anyone But Layton mob.. And having seen them in the flesh, yes Layton is a pro dancer - you honestly can't tell the difference between and the professionals. With the others its glaringly obvious.

Only person that ive seen thats come close to Layton was Danny Mac.

But at the end of the day, Ellie won the glittrball. But I defo think it'll be Layton who gets the biggest career boost.

I didn't know who Layton was before strictly but I'm a fan now!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I saw the tour recently and what struck me was there wasn't that much excitement for Ellie and Vito compared to the amount of excitement for Bobby&Dianne and Layton&Nikita. I'm talking all ages as well. People thinking kids and grannies are all for Bobby; the show I went to where he won there weren't that many in the audience.

Feels like Ellie is in the category where some more recent winners are like Hamza, Stacey and Joe McFadden where the momentum of the tv show doesn't carry over to the tour.
I feel the exact same...there was something lacking with E&V at the tour and I'm not sure what it was, some very slight energy shift I can't quite pinpoint maybe.
I didn't like her in the show at all but even Leg really impressed me on the tour. Angela S was PHENOMENAL. I really thought she deserved to win the show I saw.
L&N somehow even better than on the TV. But E&V fell flat.

Reactions: 12
I remember we were all predicting a runaway win for him - but his dances just weren't that good, even with judges' help. He then got a big boost in the semi with the King of Ballroom stuff but not enough to get over the line.

For the record, the three people in my life who are the biggest casual SCD fans (ie watch and love it every week but don't vote much and would never be seen dead on an, ahem, forum talking about it)- my sister, gay BFF, and close female friend, were all the same: really liked Layton though were a bit 'he's too good to win', and loved Ellie and Vito, both dancing and partnership. But I can totally buy that live others are more compelling or pop more.

Re: Ellie's bf: I do not buy he's pining for him. When I looked at his insta a while ago it was all 'lads on tour'. I don't buy it was just a kiss, or that his rugby-playing mates dragged him away scandalised! He's sanitised his story, knowing that Ellie probably won't bite back as she has more to lose.
Had a little nose 😂 hate myself for saying this but he’s quite good looking isn’t he 🙈🙈

Looking at some of the tour vids on line - E&V dances seems more suited to a smaller stage and just aren’t arena suitable. As its been said on here their salsa and Charleston may have been more arena friendly.

Reactions: 8
I definitely think Ellie benefitted the Layton backlash Anyone But Layton mob.. And having seen them in the flesh, yes Layton is a pro dancer - you honestly can't tell the difference between and the professionals. With the others its glaringly obvious.

Only person that ive seen thats come close to Layton was Danny Mac.

But at the end of the day, Ellie won the glittrball. But I defo think it'll be Layton who gets the biggest career boost.

I didn't know who Layton was before strictly but I'm a fan now!
Isn’t that always the case though? Always feels like the runners up do better than the winners after - Bill Bailey was already ‘big’ so he’s an exception, but AJ is on her way to being a multimillionaire compared to Rose, and Fleur, Tyler and Helen have all blossomed in comparison to Hamza, who has just gone back to his day job.

Reactions: 5
I think Bobby benefited hugely from Amanda and especially Nigel withdrawing. At that point they were desperate to have a final of contenders and the King of Ballroom schtick was born.

I do wish that Angela S’s dance order had been better thought out as well. A cha cha that late in the series with no theme or second dance to hide it behind was always going to be troublesome.

Reactions: 14
Isn’t that always the case though? Always feels like the runners up do better than the winners after - Bill Bailey was already ‘big’ so he’s an exception, but AJ is on her way to being a multimillionaire compared to Rose, and Fleur, Tyler and Helen have all blossomed in comparison to Hamza, who has just gone back to his day job.
Something of an over-statement! Unless anyone not a multimillionaire could be said to be 'on their way' to being one.

Reactions: 7
So this is the warning for this year's contestants.

Don't win 🤣🤣🤣

I think Rose has done well since strictly - definitely raised her profile. And Hamza had a day job to go back too (let's face it - he's waiting for a David Attenborough sized vacancy)

Ellie doesn't have a day job at the minute. And she's got to shake off the typecasting of the sulky teenager from corrie.

Don't win 🤣🤣🤣

I think Rose has done well since strictly - definitely raised her profile. And Hamza had a day job to go back too (let's face it - he's waiting for a David Attenborough sized vacancy)

Ellie doesn't have a day job at the minute. And she's got to shake off the typecasting of the sulky teenager from corrie.
It’ll be interesting to see what she does after. Hopefully a decent acting role.

Reactions: 3
Something of an over-statement! Unless anyone not a multimillionaire could be said to be 'on their way' to being one.
She probably already is, I’m just being cautious as her last company figures ( according to a report I read) was around 1.5 million, but she can add the 500k for BB since then. She must feel pretty comfortable if she can spend an entire month holidaying in Mexico anyway!

Reactions: 2

Don't win 🤣🤣🤣

Exactly. I think the appraisal of who has done better out of recent series depends on your value system. Hamza has had good slots on prestige BBC programmes as well as his 'day job' and winning photography awards - I personally would rate that as way more successful than for eg Tyler plugging away at club PR's and Instagram ads but maybe they are lucrative. Rose has done exceptionally well out of Strictly - I highly doubt she would have landed a leading theatre role as well as the programmes she has presented - all award nominated, without Strictly. Both she and Hamza are serious professionals rather than professional celebs.

Reactions: 9

Don't win 🤣🤣🤣

This is true, he’s on a slow burn . The Prince Charles of the Wildlife World.

Reactions: 4
Also, she doesn’t have the super fans I don’t think. Bobby is young & pulls in the crazy tween vote plus Dianne continues to pull in the Joe Sugg crazies.
If that was true then wouldn't have Tyler and Dianne won any of their shows last year if the ''Joe Sugg crazies'' were attending?? Bobby is just popular among the audience, he was in the top half of a lot of the public votes and was in the final.

I feel the exact same...there was something lacking with E&V at the tour and I'm not sure what it was, some very slight energy shift I can't quite pinpoint maybe.

I didn't like her in the show at all but even Leg really impressed me on the tour. Angela S was PHENOMENAL. I really thought she deserved to win the show I saw.

L&N somehow even better than on the TV. But E&V fell flat.
It was deffo a surprise when I saw it but who know maybe she will get some wins in Manchester??

Reactions: 1
I think Bobby benefited hugely from Amanda and especially Nigel withdrawing. At that point they were desperate to have a final of contenders and the King of Ballroom schtick was born.

I do wish that Angela S’s dance order had been better thought out as well. A cha cha that late in the series with no theme or second dance to hide it behind was always going to be troublesome.
Definitely.

I don't believe he would have got to the final if either couple - preferably Nigel and Katya ❤ - had still been in the competition. Shirley trying to make him 'king of ballroom' was so much nonsense. A bit like that 10 she dished out to Eddie and Karen that was so obviously not deserved, and everyone knew it, including them.

Reactions: 10
Ellie’s ex is a prick. It’s such a non story, a sanitised version of him cheating designed to make him look good. If he wanted to get back with her all he needed to do was pick up his phone and contact her not the Scum. He wanted his face in the paper, to do some PR for himself to show he’s not a cheating scumbag he just made a tiny drunken mistake and to make some money. As for it being strange that the story came out now and not during the competition. I suspect there was a story ready and waiting to go at an earlier stage but the public and press had decided that Ellie was the winner at an early stage and the press was too busy going after the likes of Layton and Nigel. Now Ellie isn’t setting the arenas alight and this PR stuff with Bobby is happening it’s worth them running the story.

I’m sure when I see them live I will love them all. I’m always a sucker for live performances, even if they’re tit, as they are giving it a go. I don’t actually think Angela S is that good a dancer. They have picked her 2 strongest dances that utilise her Irish dancing skills. When you look at the videos where they are improvising in sections of the group dance I think she is far weaker than Layton and Ellie. Bobby just seems to be on a sugar high interacting with the crowd.

I will never not be baffled by the success of AJ Odudu. Does she have dirt on the big TV execs?

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.