Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will never not be baffled by the success of AJ Odudu. Does she have dirt on the big TV execs? She's an awful, awful presenter.
I'm baffled by it too. She was woeful on BB, really bad. She's right up there with Alison Hammond and Josie Gibson..I just don't get the appeal.

(Wait for Ms. Gibson to pitch up on Strictly at some point in the future:rolleyes:)

Reactions: 4
I'm baffled by it too. She was woeful on BB, really bad. She's right up there with Alison Hammond and Josie Gibson..I just don't get the appeal.

(Wait for Ms. Gibson to pitch up on Strictly at some point in the future:rolleyes:)
Ugh, Josie Gibson - just no.

I get the feeling they're like "Ooh, regional accent!" with presenters like Josie and Not How's Trish AJ and ask them to turn it up to 11. As somebody who knows enough people from both of their necks of the woods, they sound like parodies.

Oh please no. I watched BB11. I’ve suffered enough.

• Haha
Ellie’s ex is a prick. It’s such a non story, a sanitised version of him cheating designed to make him look good. If he wanted to get back with her all he needed to do was pick up his phone and contact her not the Scum. He wanted his face in the paper, to do some PR for himself to show he’s not a cheating scumbag he just made a tiny drunken mistake and to make some money. As for it being strange that the story came out now and not during the competition. I suspect there was a story ready and waiting to go at an earlier stage but the public and press had decided that Ellie was the winner at an early stage and the press was too busy going after the likes of Layton and Nigel. Now Ellie isn’t setting the arenas alight and this PR stuff with Bobby is happening it’s worth them running the story.

I’m sure when I see them live I will love them all. I’m always a sucker for live performances, even if they’re tit, as they are giving it a go. I don’t actually think Angela S is that good a dancer. They have picked her 2 strongest dances that utilise her Irish dancing skills. When you look at the videos where they are improvising in sections of the group dance I think she is far weaker than Layton and Ellie. Bobby just seems to be on a sugar high interacting with the crowd.
Yeah, the tour is also the opportunity for people like Angela, who should maybe have gone further, to get some love. (Though I will always blame Carlos for that absolutely shite CCC choreography!). But then again, nobody here really wanted Angela to be saved over Layton!

I'd love Ellie to get a tour win, but it's true that the general viewership of Strictly will have zero idea who won the tour. I was shocked to read on DS that Ore never won, and Stacey only won one, I think... Who knew Susan Calman was so popular??!

Reactions: 5
Yeah, the tour is also the opportunity for people like Angela, who should maybe have gone further, to get some love. (Though I will always blame Carlos for that absolutely shite CCC choreography!). But then again, nobody here really wanted Angela to be saved over Layton!

I'd love Ellie to get a tour win, but it's true that the general viewership of Strictly will have zero idea who won the tour. I was shocked to read on DS that Ore never won, and Stacey only won one, I think... Who knew Susan Calman was so popular??!
Tbf the best choreo in the world could not have saved Scanlon in that CCC, she was stiff as a board like a robot being programmed to do the moves. And she looked terrified - it was an uncomfortable watch.

It's a shame she couldn't have done it earlier in the competition as I think she could have stayed if those awkward dances were out of the way earlier as, being marked against a duffer, she'd have been fine.

Reactions: 6

Alison Hammond has done really well by simply plugging away at the sh*t slots on obscure programmes for years until she has got the better jobs. She is very likeable, I guess, but Josie Gibson is a complete mystery. To be honest, I haven't seen AJ on anything - I think if you don't watch old reality shows etc you see a completely different roster of people. I didn't even see her on the Eurovision Song Contest which I did watch but I must have missed her phoning UK votes in.

I will never not be baffled by the success of AJ Odudu. Does she have dirt on the big TV execs?
I actually have some luke warm tea on AJ - she has been dating an American designer / film maker for a while now probably close to 12 months if not a little longer.
He lives in Brooklyn and she has been to visit hIm and vice versa. I believe he is well connected in the industry and was quite instrumental in getting her the vogue cover edition!
there are never any pics of them together but I have seen him appear in the odd group shots on insta!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Ugh, Josie Gibson - just no.

I get the feeling they're like "Ooh, regional accent!" with presenters like Josie and Not How's Trish AJ and ask them to turn it up to 11. As somebody who knows enough people from both of their necks of the woods, they sound like parodies.
Whereas I love all 3, especially Alison. I do like loud and mad, probably why I also like Fleur and Layton.
There’s room for all kinds of characters on tv, I’m just glad that there is someone other than Pale, male and stale presenters all the time.
---
I actually have some luke warm tea on AJ - she has been dating an American designer / film maker for a while now probably close to 12 months if not a little longer.
He lives in Brooklyn and she has been to visit hIm and vice versa. I believe he is well connected in the industry and was quite instrumental in getting her the vogue cover edition!
there are never any pics of them together but I have seen him appear in the odd group shots on insta!
Yes she has. She’s dropped more crumbs than a French Boulangerie. He doesn’t have any influence on the Vogue stuff though, AJ is good friends with many folks on that magazine and has been for ages.

Tbf the best choreo in the world could not have saved Scanlon in that CCC, she was stiff as a board like a robot being programmed to do the moves. And she looked terrified - it was an uncomfortable watch.

It's a shame she couldn't have done it earlier in the competition as I think she could have stayed if those awkward dances were out of the way earlier as, being marked against a duffer, she'd have been fine.
I think that was the thing with Angela Scanlon. She seemed awkward and self conscious in a lot of her dances. I think she is in her comfort zone with the tour dances and in both performances she is playing a role. I think she could have gone further but in all reality I’m not sure she would have been saved if up against someone other than Layton. Love him or loathe him Bobby is far more of a performer than she is. Annabel had more strong (foxtrot based) performances than her. As for the CCC being a difficult dance, compare hers to Ellie’s. You can’t blame that all on choreography, I was cringing at how stiff and awkward Angela was.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Whereas I love all 3, especially Alison. I do like loud and mad, probably why I also like Fleur and Layton.
There’s room for all kinds of characters on tv, I’m just glad that there is someone other than Pale, male and stale presenters all the time.
---

Yes she has. She’s dropped more crumbs than a French Boulangerie. He doesn’t have any influence on the Vogue stuff though, AJ is good friends with many folks on that magazine and has been for ages.
I wouldn't have Fleur down as remotely loud or 'mad'. I think she's very composed and thoughtful. [unless you mean her clothes - which I think are often not her choice and/or on ITT were somewhat influenced by her pregnancy]. I like all three you mention - I confess to be less admiring of AJ - but Fleur and certainly Layton are there on clear talent, whereas Alison, who I agree is really likeable, isn't actually trained to do anything. She's the ultimate Z list celeb who by sheer perseverance has built and maintained a career of being a 'personality'.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think that was the thing with Angela Scanlon. She seemed awkward and self conscious in a lot of her dances. I think she is in her comfort zone with the tour dances and in both performances she is playing a role. I think she could have gone further but in all reality I’m not sure she would have been saved if up against someone other than Layton. Love him or loathe him Bobby is far more of a performer than she is. Annabel had more strong (foxtrot based) performances than her. As for the CCC being a difficult dance, compare hers to Ellie’s. You can’t blame that all on choreography, I was cringing at how stiff and awkward Angela was.
Ellie and Bobby act for a living, Angela is a tv presenter, it isn’t surprising those two were better at inhabiting a role. It was unfortunate she came up against Layton in the dance off. Most of the others she’d have stayed against.
---
I wouldn't have Fleur down as remotely loud or 'mad'. I think she's very composed and thoughtful. [unless you mean her clothes - which I think are often not her choice and/or on ITT were somewhat influenced by her pregnancy]. I like all three you mention - I confess to be less admiring of AJ - but Fleur and certainly Layton are there on clear talent, whereas Alison, who I agree is really likeable, isn't actually trained to do anything. She's the ultimate Z list celeb who by sheer perseverance has built and maintained a career of being a 'personality'.
Perhaps’mad’ is the wrong choice of word , ‘strong personality’ maybe? The fb Beryls certainly accused her of all sorts last year in their usual bigoted manner. I also loved both Ellies last year too.

Reactions: 3
On the one hand, I'm happy that she won as it was nice to see a young female celeb escape vitriol. But on the other hand, I do think she was helped a bit by the fact that Layton unfortunately got SO much vitriol instead. She's a bit lacking in charisma and that extra sparkle for me, but I think I lot of people just appreciated that she just really good and not that marmite (I'm trying and failing to think of a good way of saying how she didn't really polarise opinion that much)

A few people I follow on twitter who have been strictly fans for years (not crazy twitter stans, just love the show and are really knowledgeable about it) were saying how Ellie was their favourite ever contestant, which I don't really get, but she did seems to get the vote from a lot of people who just wanted decent dancing and that's it
For me I think Ellie developed a lot of confidence and really came out of her shell throughout the series, plus had a lovely (and very funny) relationship with vito. She’s also known to anyone who’s watched Corrie in the last 10 years, which always helps get the odd vote. As for Layton, the general public don’t like people with dance experience winning, simple as. Yes the judges could bang on about how he developed in ballroom but he performed in the west end at 11, he was always going to have a leg up on everyone else. He’s a brilliant dancer and I don’t doubt he lights up the arenas more than ellie, but I for one am glad Ellie won as a way to break the curse of the young female actress that never wins! I love Layton by the way and I don’t mind people with experience on Strictly but feel that Layton was just too good to be a celebrity.

• Heart
Ellie and Bobby act for a living, Angela is a tv presenter, it isn’t surprising those two were better at inhabiting a role. It was unfortunate she came up against Layton in the dance off. Most of the others she’d have stayed against.
I might challenge you on Boobys acting.

Based on that I would argue against him being an actor. I think his performance skills come from his never ending confidence and charisma (that isn’t appreciated by us all - damn those pesky kids who will be watching and voting this afternoon).

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yeah, the tour is also the opportunity for people like Angela, who should maybe have gone further, to get some love. (Though I will always blame Carlos for that absolutely shite CCC choreography!)
I agree, I love Carlos but that Cha Cha was really poor and the choreo didn’t flatter her at all. Comparing to her samba, it felt very lack lustre. Then again cha chas are generally very poorly choreographed for me on Strictly. The only one in the last couple of years I really enjoyed was Hamza and Jowitas

I agree, I love Carlos but that Cha Cha was really poor and the choreo didn’t flatter her at all. Comparing to her samba, it felt very lack lustre. Then again cha chas are generally very poorly choreographed for me on Strictly. The only one in the last couple of years I really enjoyed was Hamza and Jowitas
It really was, I don’t like CCCs much anyway and that one didn’t really go anywhere.
---

Based on that I would argue against him being an actor. I think his performance skills come from his never ending confidence and charisma (that isn’t appreciated by us all - damn those pesky kids who will be watching and voting this afternoon).
Lol yes, his acting skills are woeful, but he does earn a living from it 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fleur and Layton were both deserving of their finalist places, I loved them both but they just had too much performance experience to be winners for me.

Agree with the Alison comments too, I have been able to watch This Morning every day for the past 6 months. Josie and Alison bring personality to the table, but they definitely need support from someone with journalistic skills for the more serious stuff.

Fleur and Layton were both deserving of their finalist places, I loved them both but they just had too much performance experience to be winners for me.

Agree with the Alison comments too, I have been able to watch This Morning every day for the past 6 months. Josie and Alison bring personality to the table, but they definitely need support from someone with journalistic skills for the more serious stuff.
That’s why Dermot and Craig work quite well as a balance.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Yes, acting is definitely not his strong point imo. 😁 He was written out of Eastenders (temporarily I presume, for Strictly) and even though it was after being involved in some serious events, he went off in a taxi, with a big grin across his face. Which made no sense in the context of the storyline.

I was laughing to myself one day recently watching Classic Eastenders where baby Freddie features. I think the baby was a better actor.

Bobby basically acts himself in Eastenders but hey it worked for Danny Dire Dyer for many years.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It really was, I don’t like CCCs much anyway and that one didn’t really go anywhere.
---

Lol yes, his acting skills are woeful, but he does earn a living from it 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I have just rewatched her Cha Cha Cha and it was as bad as I remembered, apart from having straight legs it was definitely the dance she deserved to be sent home on as everyone else was much better that night.

Never seen Bobby act, but I would say he falls into the same category as AJ for me…beautiful aesthetically but better if they don’t speak 😂

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.