Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, I love Carlos but that Cha Cha was really poor and the choreo didn’t flatter her at all. Comparing to her samba, it felt very lack lustre. Then again cha chas are generally very poorly choreographed for me on Strictly. The only one in the last couple of years I really enjoyed was Hamza and Jowitas
The Cha Cha was horrendous - danced badly, barely any content, full of crappy disco moves like the circling about with jazz hands, and then they threw in the limbo. Not Carlos' finest hour as a pro.

Reactions: 4
The Cha Cha was horrendous - danced badly, barely any content, full of crappy disco moves like the circling about with jazz hands, and then they threw in the limbo. Not Carlos' finest hour as a pro.
Considering he’s a Rumba king you’d expect better really.

Fleur and Layton were both deserving of their finalist places, I loved them both but they just had too much performance experience to be winners for me.

Agree with the Alison comments too, I have been able to watch This Morning every day for the past 6 months. Josie and Alison bring personality to the table, but they definitely need support from someone with journalistic skills for the more serious stuff.
BIB But I can't stand their 'personality' so won't watch a thing they are on. I find them unbearable. :( Now having said that I do appreciate we all have different tastes in folk and tv presenters;)

Reactions: 3
BIB But I can't stand their 'personality' so won't watch a thing they are on. I find them unbearable. :( Now having said that I do appreciate we all have different tastes in folk and tv presenters;)
Yes we are all different. Would be boring if we all liked the same people.
---
I noticed in an article the other day ( can’t remember where to be honest) there was a mention that Claudia might be considering standing down from Strictly to free up her weekends. Personally I don’t see this, and I know she’s signed up for next season already. I can’t imagine anyone else doing that role … certainly not Janette anyway! Can imagine Fleur will stay in itt only because of the baby , but who would you think could do the role?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I know next to nothing about dancing but that honestly looked, to me, like they were making it up as they were going along. 😁

---
I noticed in an article the other day ( can’t remember where to be honest) there was a mention that Claudia might be considering standing down from Strictly to free up her weekends. Personally I don’t see this, and I know she’s signed up for next season already. I can’t imagine anyone else doing that role … certainly not Janette anyway! Can imagine Fleur will stay in itt only because of the baby , but who would you think could do the role?
I honestly don't know who could replace Claudia as well as being personable it requires someone with a lot of live tv experience and able to think on the go maybe someone like Rylan?

Reactions: 8
It is! Wasn’t it after the paso that she tripped going up the stairs to the Clauditorium in the final?
Yes I remember at the time feeling that was a bit ominous seeing as she hadn't ever tripped before, then we got to the showdance and they went on about how dangerous it was but they always hype up that sort of thing up and it never is quite as dangerous as they claim. Well this time they weren't lying!

---
Hope to god this isn’t true, I don’t know if I could sit through Tess without Claudia. Wouldn’t mind seeing Fleur, or Rylan.

Reactions: 3
I honestly don't know who could replace Claudia as well as being personable it requires someone with a lot of live tv experience and able to think on the go maybe someone like Rylan?
I’m not a massive Rylan fan but I can appreciate he thinks on his feet well. He’s a bit marmite with the fb Beryls though.

---
Haven't a clue darling, I'm so used to Claudia that I can't imagine anyone else. It's a tough role to take on, insofar us Strictly lot are quite set in our ways...;)Well I am, I love the nostalgic feel of tuning in every year to see nothing has really changed... ♥

Yeah that is why I just said they bring personality, I don’t love or hate them. I can see why they divide opinion though, as sometimes I like them but equally I have been known to shout “oh duck off” at the tele (especially when Alison is on)

Hope to god this isn’t true, I don’t know if I could sit through Tess without Claudia. Wouldn’t mind seeing Fleur, or Rylan.
I can't stand Fleur!!! For me she's the opposite of Allison Hammond and Josie Gibson - they're loud and annoying. Fleur is bland and forgettable.

Rylan however would be a great choice.

I didn't mind Zoe Ball when she covered for Claudia.

Just let's hope we've got a wee while before Claud dumps Strictly to concentrate on Traitors!!!

I've just seen the post about Vernon - I'll say this quietly - i like Vernon

Reactions: 5
I would hate for Claudia to leave but my choice to replace her would be Rylan, he does his research as comes across and knowledgeable and considerate, he is also witty enough to bring the best out of the pros & celebs.

Second choice would be Zoe Ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I would hate for Claudia to leave but my choice to replace her would be Rylan, he does his research and comes across and knowledgeable and considerate, he is also witty enough to bring the best out of the pros & celebs.

Second choice would be Zoe Ball.
The only thing is they’ve sort of been there before . I absolutely love Zoe though, she’s also good at quick quips.

Reactions: 1
Carlos is usually spot on with his choreography but Angela’s CCC was not good. I forget at times he is still a new pro and even the most seasoned pros get it wrong sometimes, he was still a great partner for her and came up with some brilliant choreography for their other dances. Her paso in particular was amazing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.