Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw the tour recently and what struck me was there wasn't that much excitement for Ellie and Vito compared to the amount of excitement for Bobby&Dianne and Layton&Nikita. I'm talking all ages as well. People thinking kids and grannies are all for Bobby; the show I went to where he won there weren't that many in the audience.

Feels like Ellie is in the category where some more recent winners are like Hamza, Stacey and Joe McFadden where the momentum of the tv show doesn't carry over to the tour.

Reactions: 15
I thought Ellie's Paso worked well tonight. And Bobby's VW was better than his Samba. Layton's Paso is just so good though.
Would Ellie really be that bothered about not winning tour shows? She's already got the most important glitterball 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9

I'm glad we can always count on the Chaos Duo of Nikita and Carlos to do something bleeping unhinged in the improv sections!

I was going to say they're passing one braincell back and forth... but I'm not sure there's even that many! 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Jeez, I go offline for a couple of hours and come back to this 😡

Journalism has changed since we moved online, we are drip fed one click-bait article after another. These articles usually contain the same information ,only with slightly different headlines to ensure they get the additional traffic. Unlike print archives, they also remain forever available and accessible for future reference/ embellishment.

Ellie has always struck me as private and dignified girl, so I am not sure about the “fodder for Drama Queens show” train of thought. I understand it though, I just hope she is being advised differently.
She is still only young, the world is still very misogynistic and it won’t take much for the narrative to change against her.
Ultimately, I hope she is not too stressed by all this noise when she should be enjoying every moment of that tour.

P.s. The ex and Mr & Mrs Brazier can go duck themselves.

• Heart
I might well be wrong, seeing as Bobby's VW wasn't a super memorable dance but him doing it on tour isn't stopping him winning, but I think Ellie would be doing a bit better if she had something more exciting than the Paso. I've said it before, but I think her Charleston or Salsa might've inspired a few more votes. Which may well be all she'd need to have won a few shows, seeing as it seems to be pretty close between her, Bobby and Layton with with no one else (so far) creeping into any runner up spots.

I also think it was a big (and weird) mistake for her American Smooth to not have backing dancers and to not move around the arena like Bobby's VW does.

I hope it isn't getting her down too much. It would have to sting a little to have still not got even one. Hamza didn't do super well on the tour, but he'd gotten a win or two by this stage, hadn't he?

Mostly I'm just glad whoever was voting for Annabel during the series doesn't seem to be turning up to the live tour. To think 2 weeks ago I was worried she might get more than Layton! 😂 I wouldn't actually have minded her getting one or two, but at the same time the petty witch in me doesn't want her to get so much as a single runner up place just to spite that one wanker on DS who loved her and hated Layton and Nigel and kept smugly declaring that Annabel would be beloved by tour audiences and Layton would continue to struggle for votes. Hope he's seething! :devilish:

I really hope Angela and Carlos get at least one win, but with Belfast being skipped this year, that's probably unlikely. :cry:

Last edited:
  • Heart
I really hope Angela and Carlos get at least one win, but with Belfast being skipped this year, that's probably unlikely. :cry:
She tried the "Celtic nation" line in Glasgow and still didn't even get runner-up, I'm not holding out any hope for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 8

I'm glad we can always count on the Chaos Duo of Nikita and Carlos to do something bleeping unhinged in the improv sections!

I was going to say they're passing one braincell back and forth... but I'm not sure there's even that many! 😂 😂 😂
Nikita and Carlos are so bleeping unhinged and hot.

But this looks like Nikita is cocking his leg up against Carlos. If that's what he's in to, fair enough, just maybe not on stage at the Strictly tour. But Vito/Carlos/Nikita being a kinky as duck trio would be so hot.

Reactions: 8
I might well be wrong, seeing as Bobby's VW wasn't a super memorable dance but him doing it on tour isn't stopping him winning, but I think Ellie would be doing a bit better if she had something more exciting than the Paso. I've said it before, but I think her Charleston or Salsa might've inspired a few more votes. Which may well be all she'd need to have won a few shows, seeing as it seems to be pretty close between her, Bobby and Layton with with no one else (so far) creeping into any runner up spots.

I also think it was a big (and weird) mistake for her American Smooth to not have backing dancers and to not move around the arena like Bobby's VW does.
I love her paso but I do wonder if there was a way of doing the salsa. I know they couldn't have done the make-up every night, but that song is such a monster right now and the dance is so good it may have inspired a few more votes as you say. Ultimately it's probably only a few hundred people voting in each venue so small margins can make a difference.
I agree on the backing dancers for the AS. I love the dance but looking at videos the staging looks really bare! Having said that, I rewatched some of last year's tour dances recnetly, and Hamza's AS had backing dancers, big production and finished on a big list, and he still barely won anything! 🤷‍♀️
Hamza definitely won Glasgow though so had won by now.

Just saw a tiktok from Friday night I think of Vito saying during the show they are getting the bee/aubergine tattoos next week. I presume they're getting them in Manchester. Just what this shitshow needed!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I love her paso but I do wonder if there was a way of doing the salsa. I know they couldn't have done the make-up every night, but that song is such a monster right now and the dance is so good it may have inspired a few more votes as you say. Ultimately it's probably only a few hundred people voting in each venue so small margins can make a difference.
I agree on the backing dancers for the AS. I love the dance but looking at videos the staging looks really bare! Having said that, I rewatched some of last year's tour dances recnetly, and Hamza's AS had backing dancers, big production and finished on a big list, and he still barely won anything! 🤷‍♀️
Hamza definitely won Glasgow though so had won by now.

Just saw a tiktok from Friday night I think of Vito saying during the show they are getting the bee/aubergine tattoos next week. I presume they're getting them in Manchester. Just what this shitshow needed!
I wondered if the getting a tattoo talk would just die a death. I find it strange two ‘friends’ getting matching tattoos but that’s just me, don’t have any so not sure what the tattoo etiquette is 😂

I wondered if the getting a tattoo talk would just die a death. I find it strange two ‘friends’ getting matching tattoos but that’s just me, don’t have any so not sure what the tattoo etiquette is 😂
I have friends that have matching tattoos and have to say the tatts are just as bad as aubergine/bee.

I’m really happy that Nikita and Layton are getting a lot of love on the tour. They are just so very beautiful together.

Reactions: 10
I always think the tour is a mix of both super Strictly fans & those who really like the entertainment factor of it. & those people aren’t the idiots sat at home every week being homophobic or spouting vitriol about being too good for the show. They want to watch a great show & bless Ellie, she isn’t a real showman like Layton nor does she have Bobbys outgoing nature. Also, she doesn’t have the super fans I don’t think. Bobby is young & pulls in the crazy tween vote plus Dianne continues to pull in the Joe Sugg crazies. Layton was marmite but those who love him, LOVE him. And love his friendship with Nikita.

I’m sure she’s OK, it’s just a bit fun isn’t it. I doubt any of them take it very seriously.

Reactions: 10
An unpopular opinion but I don't get the fascination or love for Ellie.

I didn't begrudge her winning, even though I would have preferred Layton and Nikita but don't know why suddenly she is all over the papers about her love life. Also I have never ever believed their was anything romantic with Vito, no way.

Nice girl and all that but that's about it.

Reactions: 12

I didn't begrudge her winning, even though I would have preferred Layton and Nikita but don't know why suddenly she is all over the papers about her love life. Also I have never ever believed their was anything romantic with Vito, no way.

I’ve watched Strictly for years and for me personally, Ellie & Vito have been one of my favourite partnerships.
Every year, there is a general fascination about a certain couple and for me this year, it’s been those two.
You mention opinions… I never ever understood or saw any romance between Gio & Rose but even now, what is it, two years later? People are still holding out hope 😂😂😂
I do love Layton & Nikita though and would have been equally as thrilled to see them win.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I was just in the shop - the Ellie ex-bf is actually on the front page of the Sun. Gross. I guess at least he was respectful and didn't bring up too much of the Ellie/Vito stuff - not that she would have told him anyway presumably if there was/wasn't anything going on.

So a matinee today, which will be won by Bobby, then off to Liverpool and a day off doubtless full of pap pics, and Vito will be invisible. Maybe he's just busy filming his OnlyFans Cameo videos?

I'll be honest, my confidence would be knocked if I wasn't picking up tour wins after winning the show. Particularly 20-odd yr old me. In the same way, I'd feel validated as a show runner-up, if I was winning on tour. Yes, it's for fun, but I'd still feel disappointed.

Not suggesting Ellie feels that way, though, she might not be in the least bothered, and is having a great time.

I always think the tour is a mix of both super Strictly fans & those who really like the entertainment factor of it. & those people aren’t the idiots sat at home every week being homophobic or spouting vitriol about being too good for the show. They want to watch a great show & bless Ellie, she isn’t a real showman like Layton nor does she have Bobbys outgoing nature. Also, she doesn’t have the super fans I don’t think. Bobby is young & pulls in the crazy tween vote plus Dianne continues to pull in the Joe Sugg crazies. Layton was marmite but those who love him, LOVE him. And love his friendship with Nikita.

I’m sure she’s OK, it’s just a bit fun isn’t it. I doubt any of them take it very seriously.
Yes, exactly this. I think Ellie had lots of broad popular appeal that won her the show, but less of the passionate/dedicated fans that want to see Bobby or Layton win on tour.

Reactions: 11
I’ve watched Strictly for years and for me personally, Ellie & Vito have been one of my favourite partnerships.
Every year, there is a general fascination about a certain couple and for me this year, it’s been those two.
You mention opinions… I never ever understood or saw any romance between Gio & Rose but even now, what is it, two years later? People are still holding out hope 😂😂😂
I do love Layton & Nikita though and would have been equally as thrilled to see them win.
Ditto @whoareyoukidding 👏

I was just in the shop - the Ellie ex-bf is actually on the front page of the Sun. Gross. I guess at least he was respectful and didn't bring up too much of the Ellie/Vito stuff - not that she would have told him anyway presumably if there was/wasn't anything going on.

So a matinee today, which will be won by Bobby, then off to Liverpool and a day off doubtless full of pap pics, and Vito will be invisible. Maybe he's just busy filming his OnlyFans Cameo videos?
Yes, I did think he was respectful in what he said, but it would be more respectful to keep quiet.
I question his reasons for going public. No doubt he has been paid, but I wonder if this is his chance to get his 15 mins of fame? Wouldn’t be surprised if we hear that he is going to appear on the next series of Love Island etc.

I was expecting the ex to pop up with a story in the sun way before now, I can’t believe it’s taken him this long tbh.

I do think this will all be so overwhelming for Ellie but the reality is once the tour is over nobody cares or remembers who won the most shows apart from the hardcore fans, she’s the one who will be remembered and cemented as a strictly winner with the show glitterball at home

No doubt a few ‘shopping in Cricket’ shots, that store owner is very hot on getting publicity!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2

On the one hand, I'm happy that she won as it was nice to see a young female celeb escape vitriol. But on the other hand, I do think she was helped a bit by the fact that Layton unfortunately got SO much vitriol instead. She's a bit lacking in charisma and that extra sparkle for me, but I think I lot of people just appreciated that she just really good and not that marmite (I'm trying and failing to think of a good way of saying how she didn't really polarise opinion that much)

A few people I follow on twitter who have been strictly fans for years (not crazy twitter stans, just love the show and are really knowledgeable about it) were saying how Ellie was their favourite ever contestant, which I don't really get, but she did seems to get the vote from a lot of people who just wanted decent dancing and that's it

I still find it kind of fascinating how classic voter catnip Bobby just completely plateaued mid-series. I know he's not popular on here (and he's not really my cup of tea either) but at the start of the series, it felt like he was the product of a Strictly algorithm to create an odds-on winner 😆 (backstory, ok dancer with potential, model looks etc)

Reactions: 7
It really is and so sad when she conducted herself with such dignity on Strictly, she doesn't come across as an attention seeker or someone who thrives on drama. Seeing as we have already had stories of her being down since the stories broke I can see her being really overwhelmed.
She has another week before she hits home turf I really hope this one is a quiet headline week.
Come on - if she wasn't a willing player in this fairly obvious PR drive, she wouldn't be letting herself be photo'ed cuddling up to Booby. Plenty of other people to sit next to and fool around with in semi public spaces. She's been in the business just as long as Booby and she knows the score.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.