Strictly Come Dancing 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the costumes are the same as on the show, but that just reminds you you've paid a fortune to see what you've already seen on TV.

I'm surprised how slapdash it was given the number of times they must have done those same performances by now.
I imagine a few of them are hungover, some are exhausted, most are trying to get to grips with yet another different stage space... But paying customers don't care about that and you'd expect a bit better from those who dance professionally.

Reactions: 4
I imagine a few of them are hungover, some are exhausted, most are trying to get to grips with yet another different stage space... But paying customers don't care about that and you'd expect a bit better from those who dance professionally.
Yeah I agree I wouldn't be surprised if they'd been drinking.

Selling 10 paddles (gold glitter card on a big lolly stick) for £5, programmes for £15, and charging 25p (tbf 10p went to Comic Relief) per vote also seemed like money grabbers - with a bit of effort it could be a lot classier.

I did enjoy it, at £40 I would have considered it reasonable to also charge to vote.

Just think the show has to be really amazing to charge for, and it's not - just a rehash of the same old. The tickets are sold based on the people & reputation, not the show itself. Which is fine if you're a huge Strictly fan, more disappointing if you're just generally a dance fan.

I went to the live show too, had to check my ticket twice to see whether it really did it say Strictly because it was basically The Anton Du Beke Show with special guest stars. There are only so many dad jokes and fake Bruno rehashes you can take - at one point even Janette called him out on basically recreating the entire dance. When he got a microphone and got up and started singing a musical number I nearly asked for my money back.

Craig barely said anything throughout, just a few catchphrases. Shirley was so thirsty I felt embarrassed for her.

Show itself wasn't very polished, curtain went down at the wrong time in a group performance completely hiding the ending, a couple of the pro dancers hit each other in the head or ended up in the wrong place at times, judges totally missed one of the couples missing their lift and still marked them high.

Janette presenting made it very Eurovision, especially repeating the name of the city over and over.

Very overpriced for what it was. Especially as you can't fast forward the boring bits. My tickets were £120 each, and they weren't even floor seating, and we were at the side not the front.

It all looks pretty cheap this year, the opposite of the price of the tickets! £120 😲 I would want a personal dance lesson for that price.

This kind of dancing show really doesn't suit the big arena, unless you are in the front floor rows you need binoculars to see the dancers, so spend much of the time watching the big screen. I've seen enough of the show on social media to get the gist of how poor it is this year, which your resume @badsecretsquirrel has affirmed.

If they are not careful peoples enthusiasm to see dance shows will wane due to the repetitveness and the ever increasing ticket prices.

Reactions: 3
TBF a lot of people on social media who have gone this year rave about it. I guess it depends on what you're expecting etc. I am not a fan of Janette as a compere but they are not going to ditch her.

Helen won again in Leeds - unsurprisingly!

Reactions: 1
I’ve seen it twice in the past, although not this year. I’ve generally found it quite polished, slick and entertaining so it’s a shame that isn’t coming across in all shows this year.

Some dances work really well in the arena and others don’t. The judges and Janette absolutely waffle on and it’s a bit tiresome. I’ve only gone in years when I’ve been really into the show and have had one couple/dancer I’ve really liked which I think helps. I’ve also never paid much over £50 for my ticket, so I feel for you with £120.

I think my kids would find it a bit long and dull and the arena too big so we’ve booked the professionals show for May for them instead.

Yeah I agree I wouldn't be surprised if they'd been drinking.

Selling 10 paddles (gold glitter card on a big lolly stick) for £5, programmes for £15, and charging 25p (tbf 10p went to Comic Relief) per vote also seemed like money grabbers - with a bit of effort it could be a lot classier.

I did enjoy it, at £40 I would have considered it reasonable to also charge to vote.

Just think the show has to be really amazing to charge for, and it's not - just a rehash of the same old. The tickets are sold based on the people & reputation, not the show itself. Which is fine if you're a huge Strictly fan, more disappointing if you're just generally a dance fan.
Selling off all Craig's 10 paddles that he didn't use throughout the series!!

Janette has gone to the higher echalons of the Strictly cast along with the judges. The real hard workers of the tour clamber onto the tour buses, the 'elite', Shirley, Craig and Anton have their own private transport laid on.

I suppose this makes sense - from the look of the costumes and the clips of dancing on the tour that have been shared, it does look low budget and all a bit slapdash.
Look up videos of the american dwts tour🙈 Strictly tour looks like it cost millions in comparison

• Haha
Me and the old dear have gone to the tour mist years. But haven't gone the past couple.

Last year you couldn't get a ticket for love nor money cos of Gio and Rose.

This year I considered it, but to be honest, I'm not bothered about any of them and apart from Hamza and Jowita's Salsa, i don't think there were many stand out dances (well Tony's Full Monty 😳😳😳)

I'll take part of that back - Kym (who I couldn't stand before the show) and Graz had some fab routines. But I don't think they're doing thr tour.

Really, really, really hope this year has a better cast.

I’m not going to individually reply to those responding to my comment about rose, in my opinion, she had the sympathy vote and was overmarked on various occasions. I personally just didn’t enjoy her performances or manage to get on the hype with her.

---

I know there is a consensus generally that Richie was 'a bit much'/Marmite etc, and it's not that I am massive fan of his, but his crime seems to have been: being a bit excitable and not being Rose. And if we think of other contestants who were also a bit OTT I think of Alison and Judi, both of whom were treated so well by Aljaz and Graz, who harnessed their energy and played into it, rather than seeming annoyed/embarrassed by them. With a different pro (like Graz) Richie could have flourished. (and say what we like about CFP, but he would not have believed he was too good for Richie!)
Agreed. Giovanni was completely out of his depth

Reactions: 2
Me and the old dear have gone to the tour mist years. But haven't gone the past couple.

Last year you couldn't get a ticket for love nor money cos of Gio and Rose.

This year I considered it, but to be honest, I'm not bothered about any of them and apart from Hamza and Jowita's Salsa, i don't think there were many stand out dances (well Tony's Full Monty 😳😳😳)

I'll take part of that back - Kym (who I couldn't stand before the show) and Graz had some fab routines. But I don't think they're doing thr tour.

Really, really, really hope this year has a better cast.
I loved last year’s cast and series (as is well documented on here 😆) but I actually am going to step out and say I think the actual balance of dances and performers this year is amazing probably better (for me). But it’s super subjective isn’t it? Only meaning the tour dances/line up though.

I preferred this year's cast, on balance *shrugs*. And the addition of Carlos, Vito, and Jowita was brilliant. Loved also that Graz was able to shine this year.

And if you think the Strictly tour is low-budget, the Italian version does a tour of shopping malls where they dance in front of afew hundred curious shoppers in broad daylight. It's a bit different as it's a talent show thing where they supposedly spot new faces who audition, but once again, Vito thanking the Madonna for answering his prayers and airlifting him out.

Gio is also in Manchester this weekend with his extravaganza - wonder if we will finally get some high-quality pap shots of him and Jowita

Reactions: 7
Is Neil’s daughter girlfriend going to follow them around for the entire tour? Doesn’t she have some influencing to do
I was scrolling Through Insta and saw on Amy's stories that some of the pros were getting their brows and lashes done and she's just casually sitting their with them.

None of the others pros or celebs get to bring their partners, husbands/wives etc along for the ride most of which are professionals in their own rights so why is she allowed to stay with them 🤔
Visiting and watching the show is one thing and that's fine no problem but she is neither a pro or a performing celebrity, isn't part of the musical band or backstage in anyway so what reason does she have to be allowed to follow along for the whole thing.

If I saw right she was in lounge wear and sliders aswell just for comparison even joe sugg by some miracle hasn't glued Himself to the tour bus although pretty sure dianne said he will be visiting at some stage soon.

Anyway question is why is that being allowed? 🤔

I was scrolling Through Insta and saw on Amy's stories that some of the pros were getting their brows and lashes done and she's just casually sitting their with them.

None of the others pros or celebs get to bring their partners, husbands/wives etc along for the ride most of which are professionals in their own rights so why is she allowed to stay with them 🤔
Visiting and watching the show is one thing and that's fine no problem but she is neither a pro or a performing celebrity, isn't part of the musical band or backstage in anyway so what reason does she have to be allowed to follow along for the whole thing.

If I saw right she was in lounge wear and sliders aswell just for comparison even joe sugg by some miracle hasn't glued Himself to the tour bus although pretty sure dianne said he will be visiting at some stage soon.

Anyway question is why is that being allowed? 🤔

Is she travelling on the tour bus with them all? I’m surprised that the production company’s insurance covers a random with no direct affiliation to the show to travel/stay with the tour employees just because she fancies it.
Essentially, the tour is a work trip, and most employers wouldn’t allow an employee’s partner to tag along if they had no connection to the company/job.

Reactions: 5
Is she travelling on the tour bus with them all? I’m surprised that the production company’s insurance covers a random with no direct affiliation to the show to travel/stay with the tour employees just because she fancies it.
Essentially, the tour is a work trip, and most employers wouldn’t allow an employee’s partner to tag along if they had no connection to the company/job.
Not 100% on that but I think there have been tour bus stories where she's been tagged not sure if anyone else has seen that 🤔
Makes no logical sense and can't be fair on all of the others who might not have seen partners since or before Christmas dianne in particular has only seen joe once since before Christmas.

Reactions: 2
Richie might be loud etc and of course personalities will be a matter of taste - but lots of people dislike Fleur for similar reasons. Didn't stop her doing well and ultimately winning over some people, because she forged a good partnership with Vito. Likewise you could say Ellie T or Ellie S are a bit much and excitable, but their pros took them seriously.
Gio clearly didn't give a tit, didn't care for Richie that much, and was still hung up on his previous partnership. Unlike Aljaz who after his win was given Alison and didn't sulk but had a laugh with her.

Nadiya liked Kai's last post so I presume the quotes are more 'aren't I lucky to have trust and communication'?! But part of me would find it hilarious if their relationship was falling apart (not a huge surprise as they haven't been together *that* long and it's been an intense thing with working together too) and they were contractually obligated to act our their fairytale love story across regional stages, with faces like slapped arses..
It must be really tricky when your main income source is so dependent on staying as a couple. I know Dianne's legions of fan girls adore hers and Joe's relationship but they never struck me as having any chemistry whatsoever and I do wonder if it's all made up as it's a money spinner for both.

Jowita’s shared some stories of her and Hamza at a radio station and I feel like it’s some of the only content she’s shared with him the whole tour? Aside from resharing fan videos of them dancing.

Not trying to imply there is draaaammma just surprised there wasn’t more backstage stuff/celebrating their wins.

I feel like I have seen her on the bus - it would also be odd if she was making her own way between stops! just weird all round, though maybe the production is happy to accommodate Neil's babysitter?

Hamza is looking so good these days!

Attachments

Reactions: 5
H
I feel like I have seen her on the bus - it would also be odd if she was making her own way between stops! just weird all round, though maybe the production is happy to accommodate Neil's babysitter?

He really does look great. I hope he keeps up dancing after the tour is over - who knows, our next David Attenborough could be a dancing one?

"And now, while we wait for the owlets to hatch, I present to you a dance I've titled 'Barn Owl in the Snow'"

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Jowita is really pretty and well-dressed, but the fit of that jacket reminds me of every smart coat I try on that looks like I’ve borrowed my nan’s as I’m petite like her 😆

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.